Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Endless Archive bound collectible fragments

KAPTOXA
KAPTOXA
✭✭✭
With a low chance we can get/buy fragments for the pet, tattoo, etc. However, after getting the achievements, you continue to receive these fragments and everything would be fine, but they are bound to accounts and you cannot trade them with other players or sell them to an ordinary merchant. Considering how rarely they drop, throwing them away is simply absurd. I have a few thoughts on how this could be changed:
- Unbind these items from accounts so players can trade them or sale.
- Give the opportunity to sell them to the merchants in the Archive and receive Archival Fortunes instead of gold.
- Completely remove their from drop list when players get the corresponding achievement, so instead of that players could get fragments needed for achievements that have not been completed yet.
nyuye76zzm2h.png
  • AntonShan
    AntonShan
    ✭✭✭
    I double this
  • MrCray78
    MrCray78
    ✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree with you
    PC EU PvE CP1500(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78

Silver Diamand-Rouge(Main) : Stamblade 114K Dummy
    Silver The Liberator : StamArcanist for HUGE DPSSSSSSS 121K Dummy
    6 Other Class Character but didnt used them.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, i had made a post similar to this a few weeks ago when i had started finishing them

at this point, the only collectible i have not gotten extra copies of is the ichor, but the other 3 collectibles i have nearly a 6-12 extra copies of across my characters

i dont know if i want to delete them in case we are able to do something with them
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • KAPTOXA
    KAPTOXA
    ✭✭✭
    yes, i had made a post similar to this a few weeks ago when i had started finishing them

at this point, the only collectible i have not gotten extra copies of is the ichor, but the other 3 collectibles i have nearly a 6-12 extra copies of across my characters

i dont know if i want to delete them in case we are able to do something with them

Ahh couldn't find similar discussion so created this one. At least, the more there are, the higher chance that we will be heard :D
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KAPTOXA wrote: »

Ahh couldn't find similar discussion so created this one. At least, the more there are, the higher chance that we will be heard :D

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/647097/collectible-drops-in-archive

it was mid november when i had finished at least 1 of the collectibles and noticed that they were still dropping lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • syberfut
    syberfut
    ✭✭✭
    I was just about to post about the extra fragments. I'm worried the current workings are actually "features" and not bug/oversight/or something that will be changed. Each extra fragment makes me die inside a little, each time haha ^^

But, like the OP mentioned, I'm holding onto the extras just in case things change. ZOS! We love you! Could you tickle the code a smidge? :wink:
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would dearly love to be able to buy the fragments I want with gold. Making gold is fun and easy for me. Archive grinding not so much.

Speaking of archive grinding has anyone else noticed that the little gold guy doesn't seem to be appearing at all in the first arc anymore and rarely in the second?

I always make chasing him a priority and just haven't been seeing much at all lately.
    PS5/NA
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the last disgusting spoils I needed to get the inky rat... and proceeded to have 3 more drop soon afterwards. I now have 5 of those and an extra ichor taking up space in my inventory. As with other players, I'm hesitant to destroy them in case they become unbound or at least sellable to the filers. The fragments' drop rate is awful and it's even worse when we get useless repeats.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would dearly love to be able to buy the fragments I want with gold. Making gold is fun and easy for me. Archive grinding not so much.

Speaking of archive grinding has anyone else noticed that the little gold guy doesn't seem to be appearing at all in the first arc anymore and rarely in the second?

I always make chasing him a priority and just haven't been seeing much at all lately.

the scamp in boss fights?

its very RNG for me, ive had him as much as 3 times in 1 arc (ranging from arc 1 to 4) and sometimes ive had him 0 times for 2 solid arcs

i dont usually go past arc 4 too much these days lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unbind items for a solo event...No
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unbind items for a solo event...No

archive is not 100% solo
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    my worry is that as the IA evolves, new Class Sets are added, we'll need to use those bound fragments sitting unusable in our inventories
  • syberfut
    syberfut
    ✭✭✭
    Fooouuunnndd aaannother duplicate dooo doo doo dooooo
  • syberfut
    syberfut
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, someone was singing Baby shark and I couldn't get it out of my head.. so I thought I'd share IA pain and catchy tunes combined >^.^< now it's captain planet!