Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Enchanted Snow Globe Home - it's snowing inside my construction

Lugaldu
Lugaldu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I just bought the Enchanted Snow Globe Home and built a small tavern there. However, it is now snowing inside the house even though constructions normally keep the weather/rain away. Has anyone else had this experience, is there anything you can do about it? The roof is made with Solitude Sheds.

Thanks!

g2tig3t29rc2.jpg

wnvn8gcinakb.jpg

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I built a gatehouse to conceal the rickety wooden landing stage. I haven't found a way to stop the snow and wind from blowing straight through it. It feels very cold indoors.
    PC EU
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm… I once found out that the Ayleid grates from the crown store prevent rain from getting in when placed inside the roof (looking at YOU, not-waterproof Summerset greenhouse). Perhaps there are other mats that might help.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I build a lot of stuff from scratch and weather inside is frequently an issue. ☹

Ofc as per usual with ZoS it is also not a consistant issue, unfortunately I have never found a tried and tested way to stop it!!

My Holy Hellfire Chapel at Doomchar has frequent ash and mist swirling through it, I tried so many things to stop it, now I think of it as adding "character".

We have time control, please, please, please @ZoS give us weather control too!!
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your feedback! That probably means that you can't do anything about the snowfall in the house...

But I am also in favor of there being a weather control in addition to the time of day control.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish buildings stopped weather effects. One of mine has sand blowing through it. Very annoying.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on December 15, 2023 8:38PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I built a sauna in my Enchanted Snow globe, and it is snowing inside !!!!
    It is a terrible housing bug
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why do not build custom homes in places with weather. Its just the nature of the beast. If find it best to simply decorate pre-built home.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I built a sauna in my Enchanted Snow globe, and it is snowing inside !!!!
    It is a terrible housing bug

Oh my, that´s terrible! If I would have known about that bug, I would not have build the custom home.

I tried to "cover" the snow with the effects of the Constellation Projection, but it does not fit the atmosphere - or at least not in that way I imagined it.

pf3kl7h0nsl9.jpg

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Lugaldu I was just thinking, I have a custom build at Stillwaters, where it also snows and I have never noticed it to snow inside....

The roof there is made of the Fargrave Colonnade, so either it's an inconsistent weather bug which plays out differently in different houses OR maybe the Fargrave piece does block it?

Might be worth checking out though?.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @freespirit Yes, I have a custom build at Stillwaters too, also with Fargrave building components, and there in fact no snow enters the buildings. Also not in the Alinor Greenhouse on the same plot. This is why I was so surprised about the situation in the Snow Globe Home...

tjxxzf4fhema.jpg
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    @freespirit Yes, I have a custom build at Stillwaters too, also with Fargrave building components, and there in fact no snow enters the buildings. Also not in the Alinor Greenhouse on the same plot. This is why I was so surprised about the situation in the Snow Globe Home...

tjxxzf4fhema.jpg

Have you tried a Fargrave roof at the Snow Globe just for interest's sake?
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Have you tried a Fargrave roof at the Snow Globe just for interest's sake?

Yes, I tried, but it has no effect in the Snow Globe, it does not keep the snow away.

• evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I found that snow could pass through the wall, I gave up building a christmas house here.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    evymyu233 wrote: »
    When I found that snow could pass through the wall, I gave up building a christmas house here.

I feel the same, it ruins everything. Tried now to cover it with additional fireplaces, fog and censers, but it does not make it much better. The mood is spoiled...

0j1kfhh5blxa.jpg
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is very sad that something that likely took many hours to build is totally ruined by unwanted and buggy weather effect....

I don't own the ship, mainly because of the fact that appears to have NO weather other than sunny, I wanted a ship that could travel through fog or to watch a thunderstorm from the decks! Ofc it now seems to me that, that choice was probably made to avoid fog and lightning inside the ship!!

I'm sure there are complications involved in developing some kind of weather control item, like the Hourglass/Chronometer time control. I'm thinking potentially any self build, in any house might be negatively affected if we could change the current weather in that house!

However @ZOS_Kevin please could you at least make sure the housing team are aware their structural furnishings are not weatherproof in many houses and also request some kind of weather control item. At this point even the ability just to toggle weather on/off in a particular home would save many wasted hours building something awesome, just to watch it snow inside!!