Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

House Cap

bradleymsimmons
bradleymsimmons
✭✭✭
Another game I play religiously raised their cap on home furnishings a couple of years ago and a dev made an announcement recently that they intend to raise is incrementally over time. The lack of attention to that functionality here, not to mention the silence over it, is disheartening and frankly irritating.
  • Lazy_Voyager
    Lazy_Voyager
    ✭✭✭
    Iirc ZoS has previously said they won't raise item limits due to system limitations on consoles.

That being said, consolidating grouped items to reduce the placed item count seems like a good solution they should keep exploring. Grandmaster crafting stations have improved guild halls, but I'd love to see "Book Stack: Eastmarch Lore" as a single item containing every lore book for that zone, for instance. Or a "Jukebox" that is fed music boxes and can be manipulated by homeowner/permitted users.
    Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never thought of that, Voyager. That is a great idea! Tho I would bet that a lot of folks buy/use the music boxes for the looks. Maybe make the jukebox like a visual thing that people can cycle thru so you can still see the cool designs.

Also stacks of books would be great to fill out those empty shelves!
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    twitch.tv/thekiltmaster
    He/Him
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish ESO had never introduced housing. Housing is a distraction from the combat and mechanics of the game and takes up server resources that would be much better devoted to Cyrodiil and the core mechanics of the game.
  • bradleymsimmons
    bradleymsimmons
    ✭✭✭
    Iirc ZoS has previously said they won't raise item limits due to system limitations on consoles.

Understood, but then how can another company with a game just as old as this one do it? Seems at some point, a decision should be made to bump up the limits regardless of what a very old and outdated machine can run. That's not exactly fair to 90% of the player base, to accommodate the folks who can't or won't upgrade outdated hardware/software.
    Edited by bradleymsimmons on December 15, 2023 11:38PM
  • bradleymsimmons
    bradleymsimmons
    ✭✭✭
    I wish ESO had never introduced housing. Housing is a distraction from the combat and mechanics of the game and takes up server resources that would be much better devoted to Cyrodiil and the core mechanics of the game.

Conversely, I wish the game didn't have a PVP aspect. I don't play it, will likely never play it. It also takes away from resources that could be used to bolster other parts of the game I enjoy.