Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

I beg you, please rework some skills's visual effect ( especially Dk's visuals )

Yuji34
Yuji34
✭✭✭
The Dragonknight skill visuals that lava thing. It's been the same since 2014, and it's messing up our gear styles
We put a lot of energy, time, and sometimes even money into unlocking style pages and all of it is spoiled by these visual effects.

Of course, I'm aware that this is subjective, and some players probably enjoy these effects. But I swear, I got back into the game with a friend who's discovering it in 2023, and he thought it was a visual glitch.

I also want to clarify that I'm not here to bash the work of the artists who have done an amazing job. The game dates back to 2014, and that's absolutely fine. Some other effects are simply stunning, and the overall visual aspects of the game are beautiful. I'm just requesting an update for certain effects. I'll let you be the judge, and I want to note that my graphic settings are on "Ultra"

i'm very glad of my style : hpap2tkbj8l8.png

i'm not playing with this skills because of this "lava thing"... k6jpyhyjpb9y.png

i dont want to play Nightblade 9bq9moiaajyd.png

[snip] 5r96e46b9rt6.png

[edited for profanity bypass]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 17, 2023 6:57PM
Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 35 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Yuji34
    Yuji34
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Uh. That's specific to DKs, read the class descripton maybe? Why did you pick a DK if you don't like the lava "thing"?

I doubt they'll change it. I don't find it a big issue personally - in fact, I quite like the DK effects. If I didn't like them, I wouldn't play them....

"Dragon blood : Draw on your draconic blood to heal for 33% of your missing Health. You also gain Major Fortitude, increasing your Health Recovery by 30% for 20 seconds."

the description never said that i'll be transparent or "invisible" but it's not the question, the visuals effect are very old and it's appear like a "visuals bug" for me you've gotten used to it since 2014, that's why you say that.

Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 35 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They’re fine. It’s ugly, sure, but it’s functional. Not frequently gonna have the time to take aesthetic screenshots mid content but people do need to see what you’re doing in PvP. The only skill I have a real problem with is boundless storm because sometimes I forget where I am but even then its not a huge deal.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt bother me that much. Its a skill after all. You can after combat turn them off.

I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I think they should consider adding an option to turn off the visual fx on many of the abilities (Other people would still see it if you used the ability).

The visuals do add some clarity for when you have a buff up and at times it can provide some value in PvP but, much of the time I don't really find it to be needed. Most fights I'm in it doesn't really matter if I'm a second or two off on a buff (and I could always display the buff icons if I was really concerned.) In PvP, I'm generally fighting enough players that I don't actually bother paying attention to many of the buff visuals because too much else is going on.

One of the things I like about Oakensoul is you get the buffs without the visual garbage.
  • Yuji34
    Yuji34
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    They’re fine. It’s ugly, sure, but it’s functional. Not frequently gonna have the time to take aesthetic screenshots mid content but people do need to see what you’re doing in PvP. The only skill I have a real problem with is boundless storm because sometimes I forget where I am but even then its not a huge deal.

majority of players looks the buff icons that appears when you look at the character

I'm talking about the fact that this vfx just make all my Tmog efforts useless, they should at least add an option to hide VFX for the player only
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least the lava look isn’t on all the time like Nightblade Grim Focus.

So true! :persevere: I’m not a fan of the look of many of the DK’s skills either, especially a lot of the tanky ones like the lava texture, sprouting rocky spikes from one’s back, etc. It would be great if there were options to customize the look of some skills.
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK visuals as they are are fine and fit nicely with their theme. That said, the game could use a graphical overhaul. But that won't happen while ESO is saddled with Console limitations.

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree with you, these are what keeps me from playing DK, too. Especially the spiky hunchback.
    Edited by Vaqual on December 14, 2023 9:56AM
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait till you see the Dragonknight class set’s visual for when you activate it…

It’s the most ugly thing I’ve ever seen in ESO. 😂
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the few animations they haven't replaced with something generic, and you want to change it? 😲

Didn't Flames of Oblivion used to have a cool animation, and now it's just a ball of fire? Or was it a different dk skill I'm thinking of?
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you staring at your character the entire fight or something? Seems like a non-issue.
  • Yuji34
    Yuji34
    ✭✭✭
    Are you staring at your character the entire fight or something? Seems like a non-issue.

"are you staring at your character the entire fight" yes, and yes it's an issue, cant see my beautiful expensive outfit

6a62c7h05piz.png

• Yuji34
    Yuji34
    ✭✭✭
    DK visuals as they are are fine and fit nicely with their theme. That said, the game could use a graphical overhaul. But that won't happen while ESO is saddled with Console limitations.

"are fine" for a 2014 games, maybe, in 2023 having this... it's not possible, cant see my outfit, in pvp fight it's just horrible to watch with the amount of VFX on screen

ql8fvb30t3j5.png

It's worse when i use dragon blood, i took DK because i love fire and i love dragon, but i get minecraft lava texture on my shield kj67exrli9nc.jpg

and nightblade cloak of shadow

we4t95bimc2g.png

i really doesnt understand why people are against a rework of VFX ? Templar and DW spammable gets animations reworks, why DK and others class can't ?

• Yuji34
    Yuji34
    ✭✭✭
    i11ionward wrote: »
    0ym88r3dlv79.png
    This is the only problematic animation that needs to be changed.
    Firstly, I really don’t see the connection between the animation and the name and the function of the Dragon Blood skill (Coagulating Blood and Green Dragon Blood).
    Secondly, this animation completely hides other DK animations.

EDIT: If the skill was named Shadow Dragon Heart, I wouldn't have any questions.

i think it's the most problematic too, but the other ones need to be changed too, and for other classes too, the hurricane spell for sorcerer is just too much
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I think additional OPTIONS would be good, if that is at all possible.

I totally respect that there are people who like them as they are now, created characters to work with those abilities, and would be understandably upset if they were changed. I wouldn’t like it if the Morrowind-themed Warden abilities were just replaced as I made my Warden a Dunmer for that reason.

Likewise, I made many of my characters Nightblades in large part because of the absence of what I felt were obnoxious over-the-top visuals. Now the jokes on me as Grim Focus puts a permanent red blob on my beautiful expensive weapons (see the thread dedicated to the topic) just for being slotted, in and out of combat. It is absolutely horrible. :disappointed:
  • Yuji34
    Yuji34
    ✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Yuji34 wrote: »

"are fine" for a 2014 games, maybe, in 2023 having this... it's not possible, cant see my outfit, in pvp fight it's just horrible to watch with the amount of VFX on screen

ql8fvb30t3j5.png

It's worse when i use dragon blood, i took DK because i love fire and i love dragon, but i get minecraft lava texture on my shield kj67exrli9nc.jpg

and nightblade cloak of shadow

we4t95bimc2g.png

i really doesnt understand why people are against a rework of VFX ? Templar and DW spammable gets animations reworks, why DK and others class can't ?

Templar and Dual Wield got changes that many many people didn't like and didn't get a choice in. I no longer play my templar due to the jabs changes UI and the nerfs to templar. I don't think that is an argument to make changes to another classes look and feel

I agree, but overall, the game needs to refresh its visual effects and animations to 'modernize' the experience. The attacks lack any 'impact,' and the sound effects as well. If they're not willing to go that far, they should add an option to at least disable the visual effects for the player only.
  • Yuji34
    Yuji34
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, don't want them touching anything else graphically - not after the messes of Jabs, Flurry, and Grim Focus.

Yes, i want them touching Skill's VFX after the messes of Molten weapons and DragonBlood
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i like the DK skill effects just as they are, which is why my main has been a DK since 2014

the dragon heart one looks especially good on me, and its easy to tell when the buff is not active
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Yuji34
    Yuji34
    ✭✭✭
    We'll agree to disagree. I don't have any issue with the DK's skills. I do have issues with the devs' inability to do graphical "resets" in an apt manner.

And really - do you think those who are doing their damndest to kill you in pvp are going to care what your outfit looks like?

I don't care about what other players think of my outfit, however, I do care about what I see of my outfit. I took the time to get my outfit, and I want to see it when I play. You're missing the point.

All modern MMOs have received visual overhauls and animation refreshes, except for ESO. WoW is the perfect example.

I don't understand whyIf they add the option to disable ONLY the player's VFX (so you can still see Minecraft lava textures), what does it cost you? Why oppose making players happy when it doesn't impact you?
  • Yuji34
    Yuji34
    ✭✭✭
    i like the DK skill effects just as they are, which is why my main has been a DK since 2014

the dragon heart one looks especially good on me, and its easy to tell when the buff is not active

i'm glad for you