Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

Account-Wide Achievements - Turn Off Toggle

MissAethe
MissAethe
✭✭✭
This is an idea that I've had for a while (I've commented on it before somewhere) about the option to toggle the achievements list on and off per character.

I don't necessarily dislike the way achievements are done (I think some could have been done better for QoL reasons) but I've been wanting to recreate my main character for a while (and class change tokens aren't happening). I would love to go through the game "fresh" so to speak, to get all of the achievements all over again on one character, but due to the way achievements now work, there isn't a way for me to easily do that anymore. Things are already marked as done, and without a blank slate to actually see what I need to do, I can't easily track things.

I don't want to turn the system completely off; I do like earning specific achievements on specific characters so this definitely isn't a cry to remove account-wide achievements, but for the purpose of wanting to have every achievement on ONE character, everything already being checked off elsewhere makes it near impossible to really track anymore. If there was a toggle I could flip just to blank-slate one specific character, that would be amazing. Unless ZOS suddenly gives me the option to have all of my current achievements reported as complete on only one character, this is really the only option I can come up with.

Also note I'm on Xbox so if there was a PC mod that does this, it's not available to me.
Xbox NA 10am-2am EST/EDT - Find me In-Game @MissAethe
Guildmaster - Nox Tyrannis - A Late Night 21+ PVE/Social Guild

Dragonknight Spite Healer Extraordinaire
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    as far as im aware there is no way to "remove achievements" from a character, and it is not something addons can do either even if you were on PC

as a PC user i use an addon that simply removes the "earned by" tooltip because it is pure nonsense to me, i dont care which character earned the achievement

but no, there is no way that you can remove all of the achievements unless you straight up started a new account, and there is no way to do per character achievement tracking (outside of the handful of achievements which are still per character)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO used to have per character achievements. I miss them.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • MissAethe
    MissAethe
    ✭✭✭
    I like a lot of the things account-wide achievements have brought, but when it comes to wanting to max everything on one character? It's not super great, no.

• Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My biggest gripe is the skyshard hints are broken. Which, by the way @ZOS_Kevin, still waiting for an update. Back in January, you said you'd update me next Friday.

Other than that, I think that AWA was a step in the right direction. And I wish more things were account wide, like crafting research, outfit slots, armory slots, and arguably skill points. I do recognize AWA's pain points for others, those feelings are completely valid.
    Edited by Destai on December 13, 2023 12:48AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main server is the US server. I wanted to track a character without having any other characters contribute to achievements so I started one character on the EU server.
    Account wide achievements in my opinion was the absolute worst change to this game. It completely took away how many of us play.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad AWA became a thing but I understand it's not for everyone should have an option to toggle it but it is likely too late for that.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't AWA done for storage reasons? I doubt ZOS are gonna give us a toggle to turn it off and swell their database size again with achievements for individual characters.
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Wasn't AWA done for storage reasons? I doubt ZOS are gonna give us a toggle to turn it off and swell their database size again with achievements for individual characters.

Oh is that the official reason? I wasn't sure why they did it, I just remember waking up one day and it was like that.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FelisCatus wrote: »
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Oh is that the official reason? I wasn't sure why they did it, I just remember waking up one day and it was like that.

Yes. People argued that we should have a per character and an account section to the achievements and we were told that defeats the purpose of AWA. We're not getting our achievements back, the ship has sailed and we are left stranded on the beach.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are things that I like and dislike about AwA, but my biggest gripe is that it seems to be the culprit for breaking the actual Xbox achievements for the game. Ever since AwA dropped, the final zone achievements (Savior of Galen as an example) have been broken for my account. If they were going to make such a drastic change, it would have been nice if they had actually tested it and worked out the bugs first.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • MissAethe
    MissAethe
    ✭✭✭
    It honestly kind of sucks that something that does bring positive QoL improvements also causes QoL issues at the same time. It would be nice if it was all looked over again, wouldn't it.

• MissAethe
    MissAethe
    ✭✭✭
    I actually have a question @ZOS_Kevin if you have a moment.

If someone was to delete a character, does that remove achievements that character has done? Could you theoretically "reset" your achievements down to nothing if you nuked all of your characters?

I would hate to need that extreme of a thing to be able to achieve what I would like (blank achievements on one specific character to re-grind them all on said one character) but I don't know what else to do for this issue (other than start from scratch on EU and I'm not doing that).

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissAethe wrote: »
    I actually have a question @ZOS_Kevin if you have a moment.

If someone was to delete a character, does that remove achievements that character has done? Could you theoretically "reset" your achievements down to nothing if you nuked all of your characters?

I would hate to need that extreme of a thing to be able to achieve what I would like (blank achievements on one specific character to re-grind them all on said one character) but I don't know what else to do for this issue (other than start from scratch on EU and I'm not doing that).

Deleting a character will not remove the achievements. Changing a character's name will also not change the name that is displayed for the achievement.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • MissAethe
    MissAethe
    ✭✭✭
    :'(

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissAethe wrote: »
    :'(

My main has over 55K achievement points, so as you can imagine I very rarely ever see achievements pop up on any of my alts, which is a real bummer, but this is apparently one of the more pressing QoL "improvements" that people asked for.

• shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The AWA destroyed the way I played for 8 years. I make alts now and destroy them just as quickly. I have no interest in leveling any other chars and this is last year I sub.