Khajiit thinks it would be really fun - delightfully fun, to be sure - if there was a system in the game where sets could be constructed and crafted. Basically pick your set bonus for each number of pieces, and then craft the set piece. Don't change the general layout of bonuses, just give players the ability to craft and compose their own sets that end up looking kind of like existing sets.
1. Introduce new loot items along the lines of style and trait stones that would provide a specific type of set bonus - say "Senche Raht Claw of Sharp Pokeyness : Provides Crit attack bonus of XXX"
2. Have items that give dungeon gear-level bonuses (i.e. monster-helm type stuff) only drop from dungeons, have the items that facilitate Trial-level bonuses (i.e. Minor Slayer) from trials.
3. Have Bind items that would be leveled and used to bind bonus items to specific item count/slots (i.e. Level 1 bind item is for 2 set bonus, level 2 bind item is for 3 set bonus, etc)
4. Have vet trials give Perfect Bind items that would be used for Perfected-type bonuses on 5 piece.
5. MAKE THEM TRADABLE/SELLABLE!
6. Introduce some skill-based component that will go into crafting them that perhaps could be tied to something in crafting skills, or even better yet...
7. Introduce extensions to BCJW crafting skills/"Master" versions of these skills that would provide not only the ability to make these kinds of items but also some small bonuses to the end result. (In other words, yes Khajiit is suggesting to make it possible that the best armor and weapons in the game would not be from pure high-level vet content lucky loot drops, but from a combination of high-level vet content lucky loot drops AND a grand-master crafter's capabilities)
8. Introduce new crafting BCJW crafting stations explicitly for being able to make such items.
So say you wanted to put together your own 5 piece gear set, and make it Perfected (shoot for the stars, yes?).
1. First, you would acquire the various set bonus stones you wish to use, 5 total of each bonus you want, and you would have 5 bonuses you wish to have (2,3,4,5 piece bonuses and perfected bonus) for a grand total of 25 bonus stones. Some of these would be relatively simple to acquire, such as crit attack bonus or damage, some much more difficult to acquire, such as 5-piece trial-set-type bonuses. Perhaps even bonuses could be introduced that are not available in any existing set.
2. Next, you need to get 5 each of the Bind stones - 2piece bind, 3piece bind, 4piece bind, 5piece bind and Perfect bind. Again, the availability and frequency of such things would be governed.
3. Then one would use (new) Custom Set Crafting Stations to actually create the items, first by combining all the appropriate Bind level and Bonus type stones to construct a Master-Crafted Armor Diagram/Pattern/Blueprint, Master-Crafted Weapon Diagram/Blueprint, or Master-Crafted Jewelry Sketch, and then by actually consuming the recipe while creating the piece of gear.
1. It would give crafting and crafters a serious boost in relevance and importance. Imagine, being able to make money from selling self-crafted gear, and not just to folks who are first starting or newly cp160, but to everyone in the game.
2. It would provide even more possibilities for tailoring one's combat presence and character identity. If there were strictly non-combat-type bonuses introduced, it could open up all kinds of new possibilities.
3. It could be made in such a way that no existing system is diminished. The various components that govern the set construction can be made as rare or common as necessary. The best of this kind of gear could effectively be made to be many times harder to achieve than even a full set of the perfected versions of existing trial gear. Just getting the single recipe component for a piece of perfected gear (not including the 2-set, 3-set, 4-set and 5-set bonus Bind items) would be as hard as getting a single piece of existing perfected gear.
4. Increase interaction capabilities between players.
5. More things to loot, more interesting complexity to explore, more options to arrive at the same place, gear-wise.
Just a thought Khajiit had he wished to share with his friends.
PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions