Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Silver Leash - Fighters Guild

chrisb16_ESO189
Is Silver Leash working as intended?
The secondary 'pull' portion for the morph doesn't seem to work in PvP or on all mobs in PvE. At the least an updated skill description is needed if indeed its not just broken.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It may not be clear, but I think the leash effect may only work on the enemies listed under silver bolts effect, i.e. deadra and the undead. At least that's what I've heard.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did you receive a message in the upper right corner about the enemy being too powerful for that effect? Some PVE enemies cannot be pulled. I am not sure what the possible explanation would be for other players in Cyrodiil not being affected by it.
    Options
  • Nosfuratu
    Nosfuratu
    Soul Shriven
    The pull only affects undead/daedra. A good indication is that if the silver bolts "knocks down" an opponent, they can then be pulled as well.
    Options
  • Rad
    Rad
    ✭✭
    Haha, 50% of the threads in this category just mentioned the flawed description of the Silver Leash, but yet another thread had to be made ;)
    Options
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rad wrote: »
    Haha, 50% of the threads in this category just mentioned the flawed description of the Silver Leash, but yet another thread had to be made ;)

Anyone wanna volunteer for thread #3? Let's go for the record! Redundancy ftw! :)
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nosfuratu wrote: »
    The pull only affects undead/daedra. A good indication is that if the silver bolts "knocks down" an opponent, they can then be pulled as well.

I am pretty sure Silver Bolts has knocked down plenty of garden variety enemies that were not of the Undead or Daedra variety. I don't think I have been able to knock down a boss with it, though. If that happened, I don't remember. Personally, I prefer the Silver Shards morph as it allows me to hit three targets at once while maintaining some distance from me. The more distance I can keep between a group of three or more, the greater the likelihood I will survive the fight.
    Options
  • Rad
    Rad
    ✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Personally, I prefer the Silver Shards morph as it allows me to hit three targets at once while maintaining some distance from me.

According to Esohead 'Target = Ground' is added to the shards. I've just met giant bees, and can they still be shot with the shards for example. Or foes upp high (walls in pvp for example)?

Edited by Rad on April 2, 2014 5:47PM
    Options
  • J3K
    J3K
    I was shooting harpies with shards in Beta, so I'd err on the side of plausible unless it was changed.
    Options
  • Rad
    Rad
    ✭✭
    Good to hear J3K. Thanks for the reply
    Options
  • Keebler
    Keebler
    For the shards morph of silver bolts It doesn't matter what you shoot whether it be deadra, undead, random animals, or humans etc.. You'll still get the triple shot. The only thing that kinda puts me off (dont get me wrong I love the skill and its saved me numerous times) is that when facing undead/daedra Silver Shards only knocks down the targeted mob where as the other two that get hit keep comin at ya.
    Options
  • Rad
    Rad
    ✭✭
    Well, the unmorphed Bolts would still just knock down the one you're aiming at, and the around it would aggro and come at you. So I still see a bonus that they're get damaged somwhat before they reach you. :)
    Options
  • fantom
    fantom
    Silver Leash is complete trash. It's only useful for fighting Vampires/WWs in PVP or if you are a non-DK tank in a group dungeon filled with undead/daedra.

And even then its utility is limited. You also have to pay the same stamina cost again when you activate the pull, for the same damage. So there's no DPS gain at all from the morph.

Bottom line, pick Silver Shards.
    Options
  • dumbo
    dumbo
    fantom wrote: »
    Silver Leash is complete trash. It's only useful for fighting Vampires/WWs in PVP or if you are a non-DK tank in a group dungeon filled with undead/daedra.

I haven't got it, but (afaik) silver leash is worthless in PvP. (the first hit will knock down a vampire/ww target, giving hard CC immunity. The pull is considered hard CC...)
    Options
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the leash because Templar tanks don't have any other ability to pull targets to them.
    Options