Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

riding speed since maintenance

kindred
kindred
✭✭✭
Has anyone else noticed their mount being super slow since maintenance? I have the cp mount like I always did. I'm maxed on speed but I feel significantly slower. I've had a couple of people in my guild notice it too. I feel like I need to go back to the old rapids addon or something.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kindred wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed their mount being super slow since maintenance? I have the cp mount like I always did. I'm maxed on speed but I feel significantly slower. I've had a couple of people in my guild notice it too. I feel like I need to go back to the old rapids addon or something.

Do you have a source of Major Gallop (say from Continuous Attack), and does Major Gallop appear under your character effects?

The rapids add-on won’t help anymore, since Major Gallop was removed from that skill.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been normal for me.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had this happen to several characters before. One especially that lasted a few months. Nothing I did seemed to fix it. I tested how long it took to ride from one fixed point in the game to another fixed point against other characters I have. Just to see if I was crazy, and it did take longer. Point A to point B took 8 seconds on normal character and 11 seconds on the slowed character. I repeated the test 5 times to make sure I timed it right. Then, one day after an update, it was fixed, but now I have noticed it again on another one of my characters.

Submitted bug reports under the help section on the console (PS5). All replies were general and not helpful at all, or maybe I was just perceiving it as wrong, or make sure I had all upgrades. Despite me telling them, I timed it in game and had all the speed upgrades for literally years. By the third reply back and forth, I just quit with the help section, as it was obvious they were not taking the time to read my message and understand it. I felt like it was a waste of my time.

I am glad to know I am not the only person this has happened to. Maybe ZOS will take a longer look at this bug. Best of luck! I hope it fixes itself for you soon.

Stay safe :)
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could this be a variation of the “stuck in combat” issue, but for a character that was already mounted when it hit? Are you prevented from doing anything that combat limits?
  • Tallon_IV
    Tallon_IV
    ✭✭
    The most recent update hasn't changed anything for me, but mounts have felt pretty slow for a few years now, possibly since they introduced a global speed cap. Major Gallop feels like it does nothing for a 60 speed mount since then.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tallon_IV wrote: »
    The most recent update hasn't changed anything for me, but mounts have felt pretty slow for a few years now, possibly since they introduced a global speed cap. Major Gallop feels like it does nothing for a 60 speed mount since then.

There is no hard speed cap when mounted, though. There is only the limitation of stacking speed sources:

115 base
    30 from sprinting
    60 from mount training

Multiply that sum by 30% with Major Gallop, 10% with Gifted Rider, or 40% with both.

287 is the theoretical maximum on a horse, but you can actually sustain about 300 if you constantly boost by tapping sprint every second or so. It is possible to exceed 315 when sprinting downhill or due to various (and often invisible) irregularities in the terrain.

These numbers can be verified with a speed tracker like the one in Fyrakin’s minimap.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you running the Steed mundus? Sometimes the mundus buff gets bug cancelled, until you go to a stone and reapply it.

It happens a lot in the Endless Archive, especially after being transformed. Some situations in Cyrodiil will delete your active or passive buffs as well.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.