Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

One of my top wishes: individual item permissions for visitor interaction

MoonPile
MoonPile
✭✭✭✭✭
Please ZOS, give individual interactibles an option to allow visitors to interact with it or not. In addition to global permissions.

Example: I would set my home to No interaction by default (as is already possible), then manually change a few furnishings to be Allowed (like Khenarthic Bell, Vision of Mora, Khunzar-ri's Rest)

A problem I always see in housing and contests is that people who leave interaction on unfortunately have their homes vandalized. Some don't do it on purpose, just leave doors open or whatever. Other awful people actually go around turning things on/off, intentionally ruining the look. So it's either deal with that, or keep *everything* turned off, which sucks if certain interactions are integral or add interest to a build.

...for Santa-ZOS, my other top wishes: 1. more slots (by now surely everyone knows they said it's not possible; old consoles etc.; it's a popular wish regardless), 2. weather control (especially for building, some places have storms constantly and my eyeballs hurt), 3. this plant:

gn1trzqve9oj.jpg
Edited by MoonPile on December 6, 2023 9:45PM
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    FWIW, it isn't a solution, but a potential workaround that'll help you some: the "Essential Housing Tools" addon, easily found on esoui, can (a) save and restore the state of your house, like "undo" or "backup", and (b) can automatically set the state of toggleable things like lights across the entire house.

So you can walk in, and it'll fix all the things that are wrong, because guests played with the lights while you were out.

Doesn't stop them, but it does maybe help reduce the suffering.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too have longed for individual item permissions along with a state or timer. I'd really like a timer on doors where you can set them to be opened or closed after a given duratrion.

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, it isn't a solution, but a potential workaround that'll help you some: the "Essential Housing Tools" addon, easily found on esoui, can (a) save and restore the state of your house, like "undo" or "backup", and (b) can automatically set the state of toggleable things like lights across the entire house.

So you can walk in, and it'll fix all the things that are wrong, because guests played with the lights while you were out.

Doesn't stop them, but it does maybe help reduce the suffering.

That's really good to know, thanks!
    I too have longed for individual item permissions along with a state or timer. I'd really like a timer on doors where you can set them to be opened or closed after a given duratrion.

That's also a great idea.

It's also odd that toggleable and non-toggle, temporary effects (like the OP example items) share the same interaction permissions.
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah beeing able to make specific furniture items interacteble for everyone seems like somethink we need. As well as the weather control device that is making its rounds on this and may other whishlists.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be a nice improvement to the current system. Let's hope they add it.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like this so I could allow visitors to open doors to get to other parts of my houses but not be able to turn lights or music boxes on or off.
    PCNA