Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Hide non-combat pets in Dungeons/trials.

Elyu
Elyu
✭✭✭
Simple visual setting option to hide non-combat pets inside of Dungeons/trials, to trim down the visual clutter.

Particularly frustrating if playing tank, seeing movement and thinking "wait is that ANOTHER thing I need to taunt!?"

Perhaps an additional option to tone down combat pets (make them translucent?) - the number of times as a trials tank I'm not sure if I'm targeting the boss or an add because someone's daedroth is in the way.....

3rd suggestion - not an option but mandatory for everyone - auto desummon or suppress assistants in combat. Especially useful for PUG vet-trials, where your really don't want to open an assistants UI while in a boss fight!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing worse than non-combat pets and merchants/bankers in trials - with 12 players there's already enough clutter.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could see that being somewhat amusing if everyone pulled out their whats-her-name the Ragpicker and the Stibbons-like banker and ran around the trial with them.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i thought it already hid non combat pets in trials, either that or there is so much going on i dont pay attention to them or never see them lol

bankers/merchants and are more noticeable because they actually have nameplates + can stop you in combat if you accidentally interact with them
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons: I think it is just courteous to put away noncombat pets in a pug or with four players. My group dungeon crawling is almost exclusively solo + companion or duo with a friend + two companions though and for those, I really want my noncombat pet out for roleplay purposes. The OPs suggestion does not conflict at all with my preferences so that is fine. :)

Tryals: Don't do 'em, don't even know how to spell them. ;)
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on December 6, 2023 11:49PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i thought it already hid non combat pets in trials, either that or there is so much going on i dont pay attention to them or never see them lol

bankers/merchants and are more noticeable because they actually have nameplates + can stop you in combat if you accidentally interact with them
    Pets are still visible; you really notice the large flying crow (or whatever it is) when someone has it out. The fact that you get an interaction prompt for bankers/merchants clearly makes them easier to notice.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When tanking, I want a hide daedroths option as well.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elyu wrote: »
    Simple visual setting option to hide non-combat pets inside of Dungeons/trials, to trim down the visual clutter.

Particularly frustrating if playing tank, seeing movement and thinking "wait is that ANOTHER thing I need to taunt!?"

Perhaps an additional option to tone down combat pets (make them translucent?) - the number of times as a trials tank I'm not sure if I'm targeting the boss or an add because someone's daedroth is in the way.....

3rd suggestion - not an option but mandatory for everyone - auto desummon or suppress assistants in combat. Especially useful for PUG vet-trials, where your really don't want to open an assistants UI while in a boss fight!

Maybe ask the party to put away pets and companions...thats what they do in every trial I've been part of.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to adventure with my guar
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Some people I do trials with don't run vanity pets in the first place, but almost all of them do run Raid Notifier, which can put them away automatically when you enter a trial. I think most endgame trials players will not have pets out due to one or the other.

There may be other add-ons that do this as well.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I do not mind non-combat pets in dungeons, but the merchant/banker/armory are damn annoying as I keep clicking/activating them when trying to loot.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The old school of thought was that non-combat pets increased lag/decreased performance in trials/dungeons so players were told to put them away. Even if they don't do those things, just put them away. They can be distracting