Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Which final boss has the most EPIC one liner?

gamerguy757
gamerguy757
✭✭✭✭✭
So I want to start a little discussion. I once made a post about bosses you wish you just shut up.
This time, which boss do y’all think has an awesome, epic, bad***, one liner while you fight?
For me, it’s Prior Therric.
“Is this the extent of your power? Because it is not the extent of mine!”
  • uFuqinwitme
    uFuqinwitme
    ✭✭✭
    "Your souls are ours to shape - ours to destroy."
    -Rakkhat, the Maw of Lorkhaj
    Al Mualim: Before you go, I have a question for you.
    Altaïr: Of course.
    Al Mualim: What is the truth?
    Altaïr: We place faith in ourselves. We see the world the way it really is, and hope that one day all mankind might see the same.
    Al Mualim: What is the world then?
    Altaïr: An illusion. One which we can either submit to, as most do, or transcend.
    Al Mualim: What is it to transcend?
    Altaïr: To recognize nothing is true and everything is permitted. That laws arise not from divinity, but reason. I understand now that our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not the most epic but the only one I can remember so that accounts for something... "How does it feel, Olorime? To watch your companions DIE?"
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The dragons in Sunspire are each amazing, but I think Lokkestiiz (even though he's not the final boss) wins that game hands down.

"You'll leave nothing but a crater and a stain!"
    "You want to stand shoulder to shoulder with a god? Here I am."

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You will listen, mortals … even if it means peeling the ears from your scalps and shouting Namiira's will into whatever's left of your broken skulls!"

- Rakkhat
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭
    Xeemhok because he sounds like Shunk from Invader Zim.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kahn - "Wrath of Kahn"

"From Hell's Heart I Spit at thee"

:#
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not epic but "I never liked him. He hummed off-key," still lives rent-free in my head lol.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's not grand, I've fought so many Bosses I cannot remember any that stand out, BUT oddly enough the first that popped into my head was a miniboss from Fang Lair.

Kinda funny when a Necromancer frustratedly yells "Just die already!".
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xalvakka, suggestively, Am I too much for you?
  • thegreeneso
    thegreeneso
    ✭✭✭
    "Molag Ballin"
    - Molag Bal
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭
    I forget the exact quote and it was more the timing and circumstances than the line rather than epicness, but I was in EA and had High Kinlord Rilis along with a loot goblin. I was faffing with the goblin, missed that my companion had died and was pushed off the edge of the platform. His line as I died was something like, heroic effort but ending in failure. Um not so much since I had been ignoring him the entire fight.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Your souls are ours to shape - ours to destroy."
    -Rakkhat, the Maw of Lorkhaj

the one he says as he transforms is definitely not family friendly :hushed:
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Come to me my minions!"
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Foos-go-dah!
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Na-Ruzz the Boneweaver in Northern Elsweyr liked The Mummy - his death line - Death is only the beginning
    Soupy twist
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not so much a line, but when Taleria morphs into a freaking hurricane atronach at the end is pretty cool
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second Rakkhat's transformation quote, it's a truly epic line. Also, the delivery of "I will remind you: Dragons are gods in the flesh!" by Nahviintas in Sunspire I always found goosebump-inducing. One that wasn't epic so much but got on my nerves nevertheless back in the day was Voriak Solkyn's "After I kill you I shall animate your corpse", because it was the apex of adding insult to injury (since he was a leech and notoriously hard to deal with during those times) and generally just really straightforwardly brutal.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rakkhat's "Shall I teach you another lesson in futility?" after a group wipe is always make me chuckle.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Wood Elf known as Finedrin has been found guilty of the following crimes …."
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Oh, my. It looks like you've won."

Rilis is so sarcastic.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    "You will listen, mortals … even if it means peeling the ears from your scalps and shouting Namiira's will into whatever's left of your broken skulls!"

- Rakkhat

Third this line. Bonus points for the transition from normal mortal speaking voice to abomination from beyond. <3
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

Whitestrake’s Mayhem PSA: While battling through the Imperial City, don’t forget you can return to base quickly by queuing for a Cyrodiil campaign, then queuing back to IC!
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Domihaus ''grovel'' yep
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Bugs in my bed, how irritating" gets me fired up every time. Lokkestiis has a lot of good lines tbh
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Xalvakka has some good ones too. "Drown in flames!" "Watch as your companions burn!"
    "Give chase, mortals, and deliver yourselves to me!"

My favorite is always "I am but a herald, a horde waits behind me!"

The voice actor really went above and beyond for all her lines, delivery is 1000/10 on all of them
  • balthasars_darksideb16_ESO
    Stone Garden
    Arkasis the Mad Alchemist:
    Final Phase on Normal
    "Aha! I've gone beyond mere flesh and blood! I am transcendent! Ahahaha!"
    - lies a second later dead on the ground...
  • Cobble123
    Cobble123
    ✭✭✭
    ‘She’ll kill you all…’

And that’s exactly what she does.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s funny but I rarely notice while playing content what they are always saying, especially trials I am normally listening to the group chat- but the one who stands out is the Beastmaster from the Blessed Crucible she goes all out “INCINERATION BEATLES!!!” 10 seconds later… “WHAAAAT?!!? HOW IS IT THAT YOU HAVE WON?”
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "I forced the Thief into hiding. I riled the Warrior to frenzy. I shattered the Mage into so many pieces she cannot remember which one is real. What chance have you against me?" - The Serpent
  • mercer_cap
    mercer_cap
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Xalvakka has some good ones too. "Drown in flames!" "Watch as your companions burn!"
    "Give chase, mortals, and deliver yourselves to me!"

My favorite is always "I am but a herald, a horde waits behind me!"

The voice actor really went above and beyond for all her lines, delivery is 1000/10 on all of them

Xalvakka is defenitely a contender. So often I am distracted by her one-liners thinking "haha, good one" while doing parse, it is a wonder I don't die from the deadstar.
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite one is "The skins of those you love will fly as my banners." But as it is a Molag Bal quote from a Dolmen, not sure if counts as final end boss.

Xalvakka has some good lines too.