Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

We need some visual changes/updates for cosmetics and classes.

TheDreamstride
Returning player here. I came back to try out Arcanist and while I love the class gameplay, I loathe the visuals and hate the fact that developers still design classes around a singular theme/color.

While it may be a trivial issue, I believe I'm not alone in this. Some classes absolutely feel thematic with wider visuals concepts. Nightblade is your rogue/assassin, necromancer is... A necromancer. But I personally strongly dislike how the warden and arcanist classes revolve around very specific themes. Warden pets are clearly inspired by Vvardenfell fauna. Arcanists, while their whole thing is drawing power from Apocrypha, I feel like could use some colour variety. Everything is bright lime green. It's impossible to work with at times without looking like everyone else in game with bright green clothing and skins. I feel like some classes could use some visual updates to feel more 'general' per se. I know this was mentioned millions of times, but warden bear, sorc pets deserve more cosmetic variety at this point. A polar bear, different Daedric creatures etc. I could even suggest a more 'scholarly' color scheme option for Arcanist spells too. The visuals feel extremely limiting for different races and themes.

Another issue I'm seeing, is the fact that the new cosmetic eye-colours are classified as head-markings, which deserves their own sub-category at this point to better mix/match head markings, tattoos and eye colours.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet the jabs animation on Temp was updated, and everyone lost their mind lol
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

its mostly cause the spear model doesnt match the rest of the class lol

i get needing to change the animation from 4 hits to 3 and faster timing (1 sec to 0.8 sec), but i still dont understand the spear model change, which was purely graphical (and the part people complain the most about)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if there was a dlc skill line that was 1 skill themed around every class!

I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if there was a dlc skill line that was 1 skill themed around every class!

Not DLC but you just described the Vampire skill line.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i get needing to change the animation from 4 hits to 3 and faster timing (1 sec to 0.8 sec), but i still dont understand the spear model change, which was purely graphical (and the part people complain the most about)

I know I'm in the minority, but I much prefer the new spear model. At least it looks like an actual spear...

Now if they'd just take that model and do an entire weapon skill line (polearm) around it.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • LesserCircle
      LesserCircle
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »

I know I'm in the minority, but I much prefer the new spear model. At least it looks like an actual spear...

Now if they'd just take that model and do an entire weapon skill line (polearm) around it.

The problem is that it's not a spear, it's the nighthollow staff, and it's a vampire style as well.
    • SpacemanSpiff1
      SpacemanSpiff1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

a whole weapon line for shovels?
    • fizl101
      fizl101
      ✭✭✭✭✭

a whole weapon line for shovels?

then maybe the templars can have their spear back :D
      Soupy twist
    • Zodiarkslayer
      Zodiarkslayer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      LunaFlora wrote: »
      yea i agree.
      and i wish arcanist's colour wasnt such an eye strain.

and really wish warden animal companion skills weren't mostly vvardenfell fauna.

it would be so awesome if we got an extra skill line for each class, warden could have more animals that aren't from Morrowind.

Rejoice, Green Balance has only one Vardenfell themed skill. 😂
      read, think and write.In that order.
    • LunaFlora
      LunaFlora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      the nighthollow staff looks a lot like a spear :)
      miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
      "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
      🦬🦌🐰
      PlayStation and PC EU.
      LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
      LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    • TheImperfect
      TheImperfect
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think they are themed more to add to the class identity and to help role playing.
    • KiltMaster
      KiltMaster
      ✭✭✭✭
      Don't get templar mains started on the frickin jabs animation/motif change lmao
      PC/NA
      GM of "Kilts for Sale"
      Ebonheart Pact
      He/Him
    • Araneae6537
      Araneae6537
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It would nice if there were additional options for these things!

For instance, I like the Morrowind-themed Warden pets and really wish the ultimate had been one as well — a nix-ox or kagouti, for instance. On the other hand, I would really like alternatives for all the skills for a Warden from another part of Tamriel — a Valenwood theme, for instance.

I actually like how the Arcanist skills look (although glad ZOS changed the crux to not be persistent) as I designed my Arcanists with the theme in mind. I wouldn’t want the look of the skills changed for everyone, but options are always good.

Now, sorc, wow, do we need more options for sorc! I LIKE that the skill lines are themed rather than tank, heal, dps and that pets can be useful for all builds BUT there should be other equally viable options for non-pet sorcs — so many skills that look like they should be good in the lightning and dark magic lines but sadly don’t measure up, and the ONLY on demand heal is from pets. On top of all that, having different pet skin options would be great for sorc as well!

Templar — it’s very weird how the jabbing spear now doesn't match the rest of the skill line. I liked using a shaft of light, but why not let players choose between appearances for the spear for all the skills in the line? They could all match and be shafts of light or something that looks more like a physical spear, although Meridian would probably be a better choice than the vampiric style currently used by biting jabs…

Same for flurry — maybe this could be either morph or, more logically, weapon dependent? Although I would still think the current animation needs work to look like the weapons are being swung with force and it’s not just flailing.

Nightblade, the class that was my favorite in large part for the subdued visuals but now has to accept permanent glowing red blobs or severely gimp DPS. This one is the worst to me because it’s not just combat and activation of a particular ability, and because I have a number of nightblade characters. I would be happy to turn of ALL the glowy effects on my nightblades, but this permanent one has to go. :persevere:

TL;DR Yes, give us updated visual options for skills but, by all the divines, please make them OPTIONS!