The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PSA for decorating enthusiasts who use the interactive storage chests in their homes

Pixiepumpkin
Pixiepumpkin
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been working on my steampunk home for a few weeks now and I discovered something tonight that I was unaware of.

We all know that if you place furnishings next to crafting stations that it can make the crafting station unusable. Nothing has changed in this regard but I was able to place some furnishings inside one of the storage chests so that it looks like it has stuff in it when you go to use it. :D:)

I am excited about this. Not sure how well it will work with different furnishings, and its a waste of furnishing slots but I like the immersive aspect.

So some screenshots to show what I mean.

This is the room and the chest at the foot of the bed.
adwq6uswpka9.png

This is the chest as we normally see them when interacting with them.
zaa4ssts9b0a.png

And this is the chest now when interacting with it now :)
6p9fe58bqdwf.png

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
PC/NA
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    that's awesome
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    that looks great! How did you do it?
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
    Options
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is incredibly awesome, I love it!
    Options
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that looks great! How did you do it?

I staged the furniture objects outside of the chest and then fine tuned them into place. Checked to see if I could interact with the chest, if not I went into edit mode, tabbed to find the furnishing item I have placed "inside" the chest and adjust it. Go out, check to see if I can use the chest again, rince and repeat until it becomes interactive.

Its not as bad a process as it seems, and it appears that furniture placed inside should be on the left and right side of the chest like my stuff is as shown. Things in the middle seem to make the chest unable to be interact with.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
    Options
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clothing Work Station and Chest. This one worked out well, easy to place. Never had a "non-interact" issue.

hmyeotscksy2.png
    i1mvxa19chhn.png
    PC/NA
    Options