The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Tips and Guides

RedYetiKing
RedYetiKing
Soul Shriven
Woodworking:

0tr9phc1yh06pc04g.jpg

Clothing:

2yvg24obilaurhb4g.jpg

Blacksmithing:

m2fwgkrbpjzyhm84g.jpg

Alchemy:

4seyn3qbcg24jdw4g.jpg

Enchanting:

ar6p7tg4kcicoku4g.jpg

Provisioning:

92uxkktj95349og4g.jpg

Overall Crafting Guides and Tools:

Tamriel Foundry Inspiration Resource Spreadsheet
Tamriel Foundry Crafting Sets Resource Spreadsheet
Alchemy Simulator
ESO Alchemy Spreadsheet
Enchanting Reference Guide Spreadsheet
Set Bonuses Spreadsheet
Crafting Research Spreadsheet
Alchemy Effects Spreadsheet
Tamriel Journal Crafting and Professions
ESO Fashion
ESOHead Crafting Station
Tamriel Foundry Crafting Hub
TESO Elite Crafting
Hidden Crafting Stations
Leapfrog Smith-Craft Leveling System

Crafting Tips and Tricks:
  • Save all your crafting mats in your bank. You can use mats even when they are in your bank. It also allows your alts to use the mats too.
  • All types of mats can be found in the world but you want to make sure you are checking crates, urns and etc as they will have reagents for provisioning.
  • Don't sell weapons and armor to a vendor. You can breakdown the gear for it core materials.
  • Turn off grass in the setting. It will help you to see the ore and plants better.
  • You can have a research going for every profession. Makes sure you have them going before you log out. You will continue to research even when offline.
  • You can eat an alchemy ingredient and learn one of the properties for it. This can only be done one time.
  • There are secret crafting stations hidden throughout the world. Rumor has it that powerful set bonuses can only be imparted to items when they are crafted in those locations.
  • Make sure to talk to NPCs. Some may have Provisioning recipes to share.
  • Craft with other. Using the Leapfrog System you will see huge gain in your crafting.

I hope this help some of you. If it even help one person I have done my job. Please add your tip below.

Would also love for everyone to help build my guild up. Join my guild "Red Yeti Kingdom". Just message me in-game @redyetiking.

3is8e8vxf7qogcl4g.jpg
  • drzycki_ESO
    drzycki_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! This is very helpful!
  • Vampiresbane
    Vampiresbane
    ✭✭
    Wonderfully done. Bravo. Our quartermaster posted a link in our guild forums to this because we liked it so much.

You put a lot of work into this and it shows. Very helpful.
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks very much :)
  • Deluged
    Deluged
    ✭✭
    Great thanks.I'm not clear on one aspect of crafting, ie: research.
    When ever I look at that at the crafting table its says zero available to research.
    I know Im only low levels at the moment, so is only higher level items that you research? and is it a stat or something else I'm researching?
    Thank you.
    Truth? It's a person..
    Truth? It will set you free.
    Truth? only trumped by Love.
  • McLeod25
    McLeod25
    Here's an updated Leap Frog crafting system in the ZoS forum (here)

~Lorise
  • Ulvis
    Ulvis
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks!! Awesome job!
  • Paks_ESO
    Paks_ESO
    ✭✭
    Deluged wrote: »
    Great thanks.I'm not clear on one aspect of crafting, ie: research.
    When ever I look at that at the crafting table its says zero available to research.
    I know Im only low levels at the moment, so is only higher level items that you research? and is it a stat or something else I'm researching?
    Thank you.

There's a tab to the far right of the crafting window that will show you what you have available to research. Select one of the research items then wait for it to finish. After it finishes you'll see what you researched available to add to what you want to craft. Remember when you research something the item it comes from is destroyed.

PC/NA
  • merfpmerfinton
    merfpmerfinton
    ✭✭✭
    When improving an item, use five reagents to get that 100%. Four gives an 80% chance, but that 20% fail happens more often than you would think. It's better to use up one more reagent and be guaranteed, rather than risking a fail and losing both item and four reagents.
  • Judaz
    Judaz
    Awesome guide, thank you so much!

Those diagrams are great and will be going on my wall asap; I'm sure my gf won't mind :D
    Benar Judaz Benethran
    Altmer Dragon Knight fighting for the Ebonheart Pact
    EU Megaserver
  • Froobert
    Froobert
    ✭✭✭
    Bookmarked! Thanks for the time and effort you put into these graphs! This really helps me out! Another question; Do you think having My Imperial work Blacksmithing, Woodelf work Woodcutting/Provisioning, and Redguard work Clothing? (While my Breton does Alchemy/Enchanting?) This would help If I had feedback!
    Froobert the Tank
    When In doubt, Bash it out! :)

"Member of Noore"

• Twicebit
    Twicebit
    Thank you for the guide. Looks like someone made good use of their time while the game was down.
  • scornblade
    Awesome ty much!!
  • tejay
    tejay
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks so much, it's so much easier to see it laid out like this. Even provisioning was a mystery to me, so many ingredients and recipes. I was just cooking stuff at random.
  • Phoebvs
    Phoebvs
    Thanks! Made my day.
  • Berial_00
    Berial_00
    Nice!
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    - Mark Twain
  • meatloafed35
    Great job!
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Im having trouble getting upgrade mats. Whats a good way? I know I can deconstruct but if Im looting greens I only can get white to green upgrade mats. So nothing I make is going to upgrade my current equipment? That doesnt seem right so I guess I must be missing something.