The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A request for the removal of blocks on ending your turn

F3licruxb14_ESO
If you've played ToT enough, you will have been in this situation:
Your opponent has passed the point threshold, and the cards you have in hand won't let you catch up or win with patrons. The easiest way to end the game is an instant turn end, acknowledging your opponent as the victor.

But wait, your opponent's deck doesn't have 5 cards in it! You have to wait for the shuffle and draw animation to effectively concede the match, adding frustration of needing to wait to the disappointment of losing.

As conceding is only permissible without penalty after the 10 minute mark, having little speedbumps like this can be frustrating to run into when you know you've lost, especially if you're trying to end a match where your opponent has had the momentum from the start.

Don't get me wrong, I understand having a player be unable to end the turn when the match is still actively in the middle. But at the end, when one player is able to win and their opponent cannot respond, it's an annoyance and potential frustration to not be able to end your turn, and thus the game, when you want
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is ALOT that the designers could do to speed up play time from the perspective of how things like drawing and menuing work. The Elder Scrolls Legends had a similar issue and the devs actually patched animation times to by MUCH faster. Instead of that, here in TOT, we get whatever the heck the Mora patron is supposed to be as a way to speed up game time while underlying issues like the animation system get zero attention.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • WhisperLFE
    WhisperLFE
    ✭✭✭
    In addition to speeding up the animations, I wish they'd drastically cut the per-hand timer down. Or at least have a mode of play that maxes out at, say, 30 seconds per hand. Like speed chess. For those of us who really, really dislike waiting 1+ minute per hand.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have to wait for the opponent to shuffle and draw to even finish playing cards because combos will wait on that action too

its highly annoying when it takes an extra 5 seconds to process a combo before it lets you play anything else
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The seemingly endless cards shunting of the Psijic line could be drastically cut and not lose anything from the game. I really don't need to see that every time.
    PS5/NA
    Options