The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Complimenting PvP sets for stamina builds

SmellyUnlimited
SmellyUnlimited
✭✭✭✭
Everyone has a different take on what makes a good PvP build, which is actually refreshing compared to the typical PvE which is a straight shot BIS no questions asked build.

I’ve come back to the game after 4 years or so and am trying to get back into PvP as a stamblade. Right now I built 5 piece shattered fate and running 5 piece bone pirate for sustain (2H shattered fate sword/masters bow for poison inject). I feel like my damage is still subpar. I can usually get someone to about half after dumping my ult, ambush, and surprise/light attack, but them I’m a sitting duck and have to roll around or cloak away. I just became a vampire for undeath to see if that helps my staying alive and weapon dmg coming out of sneak, but otherwise I feel like bone pirate probably needs to be replaced. Any recommendations?

I like to get into the thick of it, get some hard hits, move around and regen, come back in for more, rinse and repeat.
DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A couple brief things:

1) The game has been hybridized since you left. What that means is that the line between stamina and magicka is fuzzy at most. Every skill scales off of your highest offensive stats. For example, if you have higher spell damage than weapon damage, higher wep crit than spell crit, and higher stam than mag, your skills and procs will scale off of Spell Damage, Stamina, and Weapon Crit. The highest of each stat is what's used. The exception to that is penetration, which still follows the martial/magical split of damage types.

2) You're correct in that Bone Pirate is very outdated. There are far better sustain sets that can be single barred (Bone Pirate has to be double barred). If you need sustain, I'd run Wretched Vitality over anything else. It's craftable so it's very flexible and can fit onto practically any build. Your second set Shattered Fate isn't all that bad (certainly tons of damage) but you may want to look into Order's Wrath (also a crafted set) for extra crit chance and crit damage. If you double bar Order's, you'll also have much better healing. Order's isn't necessarily BiS, but still a phenomenal stat based set that can help you get back into the swing of things.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on November 23, 2023 12:02AM
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips. Yeah I figured bone pirate had to go. It’s strange, because I see Bright Throat’s Boast as BIS for some PvP builds, which is basically an exact replica of Bone Pirate for magicka. I’ve been running Selene’s for a monster set since I haven’t joined a guild yet to do the new DLC dungeons to get Balorgh, or finish scrying, but anything to fill in the gaps in the meantime I’m willing to try. I’ll take a look into both those sets you mentioned.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you might've seen something a little outdated because Bright Throats isn't very good anymore either, unless I'm severely mistaken. One could argue that it might still be alright on a shield stacking magsorc but everybody would then quickly tell you that shield stacking magsorcs suck these days :)

Unpacking a little more of your post... You didn't mention Assassin's Will. Once you get your build sorted out Assassin's Will will do the rest. You said you can get people halfway? That's literally all you need.

NBs are in a good spot right now so... Take the time, relearn the ropes, and you'll have success. Take a good look at Concealed Weapon over Surprise Attack. And Wretched Vitality is indeed the #1 sustain set to use these days. OR... Since you can now use mag AND stam skills with full effectiveness, you may find your resource drain is less one-sided than it used to be, and therefore you don't need as much sustain anyway.

Personally I normally go full offense/defense with my sets AND my enchantments. And rely solely on food/drink for sustain. And potions.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by fred4 on November 27, 2023 12:44PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB