The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Arriving In Grahtwood

Heydan_Seegil
Dear Arithesuss Illyduss,

Some years ago while studying music at the conservatory on Summerset Isle I met a Bosmer named Andriel Forestwind who happened to be from a family of art dealers hailing from the Valenwood. He was there learning about art history and the two of us became quick friends. He would tell me of how he wanted to become a tree singer and weave the art works he was studying into the trees themselves and I had no idea what he meant by this at the time. When the island started to become xenophobic we both departed promising to meet again in Grahtwood. He told me of a small place he owned just by the stable and when I asked for the key he told me the tree would know me and let me in. I did not understand this at the time either. It was so very strange.

Only today did I arrive in Grahtwood after helping secure New Haven for the Dominion. My house is on the side of the Covenant but it appears we have a common enemy. The forest is think with life and the air is so humid my hair has plumed into a tangled mess but I love it here despite the mosquitoes at twilight. My horse did have some trouble with the mud but as soon as we got to the stable something the bosmer did calmed him down.

I chose not to go to Andriel's place first as I had business at the Mage's Guild and the Elden Root was like nothing I have ever seen before. All of a sudden what Andriel said about weaving artwork into the plants made sense. The tree itself wove branches into paintings and glowing pods hung like chandeliers of light from between bursts of green leaves. I was in awe as I walked up through the branches and into what was the most beautiful Mage's Guild I have ever seen. The tree itself formed a hollow for the Guild and even the windows looking out unto the city below appeared to have been grown from some transparent leaf of some sort.

After obtaining the Akaviri book I was at the Mage's Guild for I left word with the capital of my need to see King Camoran Aeradan and retired for the night in the "Snugpod" as the Bosmer called it by the stable after enjoying an extremely strong local alcoholic beverage of some sort. I honestly do not know how the Bosmer can drink so much of the stuff. It packed a punch.

At the door to Andriel's home I paused not knowing what to do. I wasn't given a key. Maybe he is here. I know his main home is elsewhere in the Valenwood but maybe he is here now I thought. It has been nearly five years since I saw him. I then knocked and to my surprise the small plant pod opened as soon as my hand touched it. Inside the single room was expertly decorated in animal hides and bone. It was as if I was living in my Needic prehistoric past. The walls of the room were grown into a weaving pattern so complex and awe-inspiring I cannot even describe it. On the table in the center of the room was a note:

Please enjoy yourself in Elden Root Sir Heydan B. Seegil of Cyrodil. I have left you a pod singer's tunic to wear while your here so you'll fit in and a copy of new copies of artwork I have collected since we last met. I am taking the originals to Skyrim with me. A rumor is that some Nord is attempting to start a college of the arts there. A "Bard's College" and I have agreed via our correspondence to assist. Please do enjoy yourself and don't mind Nix she eats the mosquitoes. Hopefully I'll see you in Skyrim.

Turns out Nix was a boon as that little creature kept the mosquitoes from eating me alive at night and the tunic fit me perfectly. I have business in Elden Root. King Emric would not want me to put off my infiltration of the Dominion, but also the Dominion needs help thwarting the racism they are facing from within. Had I know when I allied my house that the new Queen would be so opposed to the racism I faced on Summerset then maybe I would have gone with Andriel.

Once I am finished here and have the time I must make it to Skyrim. I want to help Andriel and the others form this "Bard's College" and I was lucky enough to save a number of my own compositions as well as several Imperial and Needic folk songs to donate to this endeavor.

Signed,

Sir Heydan B. Seegil of the House of Seegil