Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Please fix the tails for the Khajiit... Its a rat tail, not cat!

RaikaNA
RaikaNA
✭✭✭✭✭
Right now the Khajiit has a rat tail... it's not even cat-like but a rodent! Please fix it ZOS..
0wxgbkm9nwn6.png

If you must.. please use my ESO Subscription money to either buy this addon (or hire the mod creator to help redo the tails for the Khajiit ) to include it with the base game

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30397

It would be nice to have fluffy tails for Khajiits
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    42lcdleim03c.png
    Here's a photo of a werewolf tail, and it looks quite fluffy... the Khajiit needs some loving over here.
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the tail of every real life shorthair cat I've had.

• LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rat tails don't have that much hair at all.

all the cats i've owned had tails like eso khajiit.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tiger-tail-up-rashid-hamza.jpg

Looks about right to me.

ZAF_BWA_181016_0652_08392_F_0.jpg
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 19, 2023 9:35AM
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of a tail apperence slot for beast races, you could have floofy bits and peircings for khajiit and spikey bits for argonians.
    PC EU
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You've never seen a rat tail if you think Khajiit tails look like rat tails.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • AlienSlof
      AlienSlof
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      RaikaNA wrote: »
      Right now the Khajiit has a rat tail... it's not even cat-like but a rodent! Please fix it ZOS..
      0wxgbkm9nwn6.png

If you must.. please use my ESO Subscription money to either buy this addon (or hire the mod creator to help redo the tails for the Khajiit ) to include it with the base game

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30397

It would be nice to have fluffy tails for Khajiits

This made me smile!

You're right though - it would have been so much better with more tail options, from no tail at all, to a stumpy one, right up to full-on fluffy like my mod. Likewise with more patterns as I read in a post on here somewhere, with options for different white markings. Many of my Khajiit characters are tributes to cats I've had to say goodbye to, and there are many I can't represent with the options we have.

Which is why I also mod the game Stray. :D
      Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    • Aurielle
      Aurielle
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      0loggy4fdkb1.jpeg

My main character is based on the above glamorous girl, so I agree 100% that we need more options. I strongly suspect that if ZOS were to put Khajiit tail adornments in the Crown Store, it would be like printing money.
    • AlienSlof
      AlienSlof
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Oh I had a cat just like her! She used to love eating onion skins for some weird reason. :D
      Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    • Aurielle
      Aurielle
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      AlienSlof wrote: »
      Oh I had a cat just like her! She used to love eating onion skins for some weird reason. :D

I think there's a direct correlation between the floofiness of the tail and the weirdness of the cat. Our girl likes to straddle the banister on the upstairs landing (all four paws dangling) and get pushed along it while we say "monorail! monorail! monorail!" like that Simpsons episode.

k9y6hagppqw3.png

C'mon, ZOS! This one needs floof.
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'd like this as an option, but absolutely not as a forced change for all khajiit.

My khajiit is based on a jaguar, and their tails only puff up when they're very stressed, and even then they don't look like a long-haired domestic cat (which have been selectively bred for generations to get that appearence).

It could be a nice addition for those who want their khajiit to look like a house cat, but I absolutely do not want mine looking permanently terrified.

Edit: What would be cool is if the tail puffed up briefly when they enter combat, or are caught while in stealth, or other times they character actually would be surprised, but I suspect that's beyond what ESO can do.
      Edited by Danikat on November 19, 2023 1:59PM
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Danikat wrote: »
      I'd like this as an option, but absolutely not as a forced change for all khajiit.

This. Options are good!
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    • TheImperfect
      TheImperfect
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      As someone who has kept rats, it's definitely not a rats tail. It's not a cats either - it's a khajiit's!
    • Panderbander
      Panderbander
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Skyrim's Khajiit had significantly fluffier tails than ESO Khajiit. I would live to go back to that, or at least have that option.
      Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
    • Soarora
      Soarora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Great way to combine into that other thread about expanding post character creation fashion. A new section for tails and tail adornments. I really want a little poof of hair on the end like a lion… but really like a bull… for my Minotaur.
      PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
      • CP 2000+
      • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
      • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
      • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
      • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
    • LunaFlora
      LunaFlora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Aurielle wrote: »
      0loggy4fdkb1.jpeg

My main character is based on the above glamorous girl, so I agree 100% that we need more options. I strongly suspect that if ZOS were to put Khajiit tail adornments in the Crown Store, it would be like printing money.

Alfiq have tails like that.
      the khajiit we play as are Cathay :)

i don't expect the tails to get fluffier.

🦬🦌🐰
      PlayStation and PC EU.
      LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
      LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    • Aurielle
      Aurielle
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      LunaFlora wrote: »
      0loggy4fdkb1.jpeg

Why should alfiq have all the fun? Much as some humans use weaves to supplement their own hair, I could very much see some Cathay khajiit wanting to have fluffier tails and adorning their tails with fake fur attachments. “The latest in fashion, yes?” That’s why if you sell them in the store as adornments, you can still make it all work out lore-wise.
    • LunaFlora
      LunaFlora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      0loggy4fdkb1.jpeg

Why should alfiq have all the fun? Much as some humans use weaves to supplement their own hair, I could very much see some Cathay khajiit wanting to have fluffier tails and adorning their tails with fake fur attachments. “The latest in fashion, yes?” That’s why if you sell them in the store as adornments, you can still make it all work out lore-wise.

sure sounds fun and it's not that i think it would not work lore-wise.
      i just don't expect it to happen

🦬🦌🐰
      PlayStation and PC EU.
      LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
      LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    • Aurielle
      Aurielle
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      0loggy4fdkb1.jpeg

sure sounds fun and it's not that i think it would not work lore-wise.
      i just don't expect it to happen

I didn’t expect that a system like the Armory would ever appear in game, and I didn’t expect that Alliance change tokens would ever become a thing, so… I’ve re-evaluated my expectations of what’s likely and unlikely in this game. :)

If there’s demand for a gameplay or cosmetic feature, and it’s something ZOS could make money with, then there’s always a possibility that it might be developed.
      Edited by Aurielle on November 19, 2023 6:16PM
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I don’t know how much of the lore is based on real life cats, but for big cats the lion has a little bit of fluff on the end of its tail, but I think the others are skinny.

If you wanted a fluffy tail then the Khajiit should be long-haired, just like the photo above, and it be part of the character creation selection.
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• NotaDaedraWorshipper
      NotaDaedraWorshipper
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don’t know how much of the lore is based on real life cats, but for big cats the lion has a little bit of fluff on the end of its tail, but I think the others are skinny.

If you wanted a fluffy tail then the Khajiit should be long-haired, just like the photo above, and it be part of the character creation selection.

A few npcs has a lion tail tuff look on their tale (it has also been removed on some of them). It along with tail spikes for argonian was a cosmetic that I think briefly showed up on pts..or it was from the thing that shall not be discussed on the forum....
      [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    • Kikazaru
      Kikazaru
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      qsMkEk4.jpg

One day it will be in the crown store.... one day.

Edit: I don't even know why it's even on the back burner for so long... some compatibility problems? hard to believe.
      Edited by Kikazaru on November 19, 2023 8:52PM
      Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    • JemadarofCaerSalis
      JemadarofCaerSalis
      ✭✭✭✭
      I agree that short haired cats tails can look like that (one of mine uses it as a whip when he is excited), but options are always good. Fluffy tails, tails with poofs of fluff at the end. Mid fluffy tails...
    • Sakiri
      Sakiri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Look, I love Slof's mods usually but that tail looks ridiculous.

I'd have liked something a wee bit thicker, but those definitely aren't rat tails.
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Kikazaru wrote: »
      Edit: I don't even know why it's even on the back burner for so long... some compatibility problems? hard to believe.

I'm reasonably sure I've seen that tail tip on at least one NPC Khajiit. :confused:
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    • NotaDaedraWorshipper
      NotaDaedraWorshipper
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm reasonably sure I've seen that tail tip on at least one NPC Khajiit. :confused:

Yup, mentioned in an earlier comment that there are a few npcs which have it...or in some cases "have had it", but they removed it from the npc. ...I feel cynical enough to say because people mentioned them so much and their tail.
      [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    • karthrag_inak
      karthrag_inak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Please no. Khajiit has a hard enough time keeping that thing clean as it is.
      PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
      GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This is what a rat tail looks like:

KLrnZxQ.jpg

Not anything like the khajiit tails in ESO.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    • Hollyniss
      Hollyniss
      ✭✭✭
      They're too long and skinny. More tail options would be nice. Slider options for them and Argonians along with adornment options (jewelry, hair, spikes, ect).
    • zaria
      zaria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      qsMkEk4.jpg

One day it will be in the crown store.... one day.

The mystery of the legendary tail turf.
      Some believe its an daeric artifact, more likely related its related to Rajhin the Purring Liar.
      Current holder is a khajjit at Solitude dock.
      0AI4AGp.jpg
      But also seen here in a quest in southern Elsweyr, helping the Khajiit raised by orcs.
      GCJ4r2L.jpg
      Previously held by this Khajiit in clockwork city, south of the wayshrine.
      U7umaUP.jpg
      but he lost it.
      ----
      We could try it and tail spikes for argonians during Morrowind PTS, but it did not show up until Clockwork city.
      Now, Na'jhargo had an bug there his face could look jet black without any texture. I assume this was related to the tail turf.
      It looked weird and probably why he lost it.

As for the tails, perhaps a bit thicker but not more than 50%, look at the lions above.
      Grinding just make you go in circles.
      Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.