Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Should you buy ESO?-My Experience

• Extractor
    Extractor
    Lalai wrote: »
    Extractor wrote: »
    LOL, once again someone who misses the point, been playing mmos since mmos were created, see the same messages at forums on every launch. My point is don't promise something you cant deliver, and as you said it cant be done so why promise it?

But they can deliver. Very few people are having issues logging in, playing, and leveling. It does suck when an issue crops up but that is the nature of an ever evolving game (and computer software in general).

Issues have been found that weren't there in beta and have resulted in down time. Games don't run on all machines equally, and sometimes something that seems like it wouldn't/shouldn't have anything to do with the game can cause problems with the game. The best example I can think of for this is when the Kindle Fire first launched and we had customers calling in reporting none of their apps would open, the Appstore wouldn't even load, and really wonky things. The fix? ...set the date and time correctly.

It's a downfall of technology. Pinpointing where one customer is having a problem, or even 100 customers are having a problem, when a million are not is extremely difficult to do. Issues that put the entire player base at risk are going to be addressed first and foremost. That isn't to say those 100 customers are not a lot of people, but realistically they are a very small percentage so the bug they're experiencing can be very very hard to replicate and thus debug.

The OP does come off as rather entitled, and exactly the type of customer I hated dealing with when I use to work there. I have no doubt he/she is experiencing a real problem, and I have no doubt it is frustrating, but from the looks of it support was trying to help as quickly and in whichever way they can.. it's just not fast enough for the OP.

You make very valid points! They have a right to be upset, they have just handled it wrong. I look forward to having a blast once the game is DLd which is taking a long time.
  • TVoid_ESO
    TVoid_ESO
    Hell yes buy the game!! It is awesome. The launch has been really smooth imo.
    The issues you are having, it might be router or ISP related btw. Just saying.

So take a step back and relax. Once you get in, you will forget about it all. The game is mind blowing.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a Nigerian prince. I can assist you with your difficulties; I assure you of my good intent. I will however need an advance of capital on your end before we can began.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Foul_Corsair
    Foul_Corsair
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with a bit of rage . . . roaar
    would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    If @SirTenac‌ is really working in Hospital, I don't care what is his status in the work area but he should possibly check his "rage" level... I would demand another nurse/M.D for my self at least..

Clear case of
    tumblr_m7y7nwbtXP1rys4czo1_500.gif

tumblr_n1f3m8mQcc1tn57pko1_500.gif
    Edited by Twistedmind on April 3, 2014 2:20PM
    Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a nurse

Really? You work in healthcare? Please relax your sphincter. I work in IT; and my wife and her family are all in healthcare. If I complained about something as banal, and quite frankly pedantic, as connectivity issues; I would receive a swift kick to my nether regions.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • fredarbonab14_ESO
    fredarbonab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Drama Queen.
  • SirTenac
    SirTenac
    You know, It's truly sad how much of an argument this has caused. The FACT of the matter is that I told the truth. No matter how you try to defend the company, it's completely and utterly irrelevant. Excuses do not right wrongs, if no launch goes smoothly...finish the game...and fix the bugs before launch, it's that simple. Second of all, I never said I was a nurse, I said I have a MASTERS IN NURSE ANESTHESIA, which if you had went to college (or more likely graduated high school) You'd know that my degree does not make me a nurse. It makes me a nurse anesthetist, which is what kiddies? One step below an anesthesiologist. Which is what? A DOCTOR! I don't need to defend my background nor my education. If you choose to believe that I'm a "fake" simply because you have no understanding on how degrees work be my guest. We can all agree on one thing, everyone and everything is fallible. Where we start to differ is, when I see negligence on the behalf of others, I stand up and say something. Hence the reason I've been so successful in life. You on the other hand, chose to excuse misrepresentation, and further more, condone it! That is why you more then likely work at taco bell, and suckle on your managers *** hoping that they'll give you a raise, or promotion, while the rest of us...demand respect. I stood up and said something, and since have been contacted by many of the members of the support staff APOLOGIZING for their negligence. Admitting that they did something wrong, which means I'm right. It's people like me that make things happen, I don't just accept the situation and say "well what where we supposed to expect?" Ummm we were supposed to expect 3 days of early access...you ignorant, low class, uneducated, petty, cowardly, sorry sack of trailer trash.
  • Clix
    Clix
    What hospital do you work at? I need to stay far away from that place.
  • lordspyder
    lordspyder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clix wrote: »
    What hospital do you work at? I need to stay far away from that place.

Far away...

• lordspyder
    lordspyder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirTenac wrote: »
    I'm a nurse
    SirTenac wrote: »
    Second of all, I never said I was a nurse

09286114618fe59d52e9dda23a14680c1b2a72d532d13e7107acd5b44dcc2646.jpg

Edited by lordspyder on April 4, 2014 3:04AM
  • SirTenac
    SirTenac
    Ba! Ok, ok...I sorry I didn't type the word anethesist at 6 O'clock in the morning! You know, I find it quite humorus that so many people take time out of their days do throw insults at me. Seriously "Drama queen"? I've been referred to as a lot of things...but you could do better then that. Anyways, its launch day so I hope everyone has fun playing the game! It's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun. OHHHH and sorry I don't have the oppertunity to respond or post as often as you guys, I have a job, where I work...a lot.
  • infoub17_ESO22
    No do not buy this rip off game that is broken beyond it's worth. The support they have might be called a joke, if you were referring to the fact THERE IS NO *** SUPPORT FOR ESO!!
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After dealing with terrible support for the last 4 days and really lacking game staff, seeing all the underhanded and illegal crap Zenimax is trying to get away with like changing how the free 30 days worked after people purchased the game, i totally understand how the OP feels.
    Edited by DanteYoda on April 8, 2014 4:08AM
  • infoub17_ESO22
    After 9 days of emails, webposts, tweets and even direct calls into the support office I finally found one guy (in Ireland support) who was willing to step up and own the ticket I've had in all this time.

I had to stay on hold for up to 3 hours sometimes. Then getting disconnected by people claiming to be managers who were no such thing. Don't believe a thing they tell you in the MD office.
    They are all liars and although they are saying "We apologize sir" ... that is a ruse, they are really playing you and having a blast listening to you squirm while they go outside and smoke their cig's and laugh about how they just threw you to the curb.

My advice? Try calling at 8am - 9am PST. Maybe you'll get lucky like I did and get help from an Irish guy. Ireland office is where support people who actually do their job are.
    Edited by infoub17_ESO22 on April 15, 2014 3:40PM
  • infoub17_ESO22
    Oh and when the game works, it's *** awesome........

No seriously why else would I wait 3 hours on hold only to be abused by self righteous underpaid ***? Lol, cause the game is *** awesome that's why.
    Edited by infoub17_ESO22 on April 15, 2014 3:43PM