The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Apocryphal Gate still needs polish

CameraBeardThePirate
CameraBeardThePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Apocryphal Gate is tremendously buggy. The ability rarely works on demand or fluidly; it often fails to cast, and when it doesn't, the entrance portal often gets delayed. For an escape/mobility tool, these problems feel really bad if you need to get out of dodge quickly but can't because your teleport skill gets delayed. It really needs some polish in order to feel good. Some possibilities:

1) Immediately teleport to the exit portal on cast without having to enter the entrance portal. This would fix the issue of the entrance getting delayed and would allow the ability to perform it's function as an escape tool much more effectively.

2) Change the ability to be slightly more lenient in regards to terrain height. In PTS, the ability felt much more responsive because it allowed for a greater height difference between the player location and exit portal location. I understand that this also led to issues where players were getting to areas they weren't supposed to (or jumping into unsieged keeps, etc), so I'm not suggesting that ZOS completely reverts this. However, maybe a happy middle ground would be possible? The live iteration of the ability feels as though even a couple inches of height difference will break the ability.
Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on November 15, 2023 2:22PM
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% Agree. The "invalid location" spam has gotten me killed so many times... on so many classes. This skill and others like it could be so much more fun if they actually worked. I really like your suggestions but would also like to suggest a third. What if the skill just fired with its max 22 range without the weird ground targeting and 12-22m variability. 12m is nothing on a mobility skill when it has such a long cooldown. If the option to choose range is truly valuable, and not just an inconvenience, maybe the other morph could retain this effect?
    Options
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lack of range in the ability feels bad, and the lack of verticle usability feels worse. It feels like a not as good gap closer right now, not something unique.
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
    Options
  • lunaslide
    lunaslide
    ✭✭✭
    Apocryphal Gate is much worse than buggy, it is entirely pointless in its current form.
    Options
  • Palumtra
    Palumtra
    ✭✭✭
    lunaslide wrote: »
    Apocryphal Gate is much worse than buggy, it is entirely pointless in its current form.

It generates Crux so you can laser more. It's something.
    PCEU - Tank main
    Options
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would love to see a fix to the elevation problems plaguing this ability.

Creating a portal should allow you to get to normally inaccessible locations by walking, similar to how Streak and Mist Form currently work, when you use Mist Form, you can climb or descend based on where your targeted location is, and I see no reason why Apocryphal Gate can’t.

This problem alone kills the skill entirely.
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, AG is useless in PvP, & I wish they’d fix it.

However, colorless pool is bugged the opposite way, and is often unbreakable regardless of stamina remaining. ZOS needs to fix that too.

I dont use it cause it feels like a crutch/cheat, but a lot of arcs do nothing but spam it. 🫤
    Options