Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Steam effect furniture items?

Pixiepumpkin
Pixiepumpkin
✭✭✭✭✭
I am working on a Steampunk themed house and I wanted to incorporate some steam effects.

I have used some incense burners for smoke, but I want to make some steam coming out of grates and stuff. I know there is a crown only steam effect in the store, but its larger than what I am looking for.

I have tried to use the Dark Elf Thurible, Caged as it shows a smokey/steam effect in the preview, but in the game its barely noticeable and not noticeable at all when sunk down into the floor/item.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it greatly.

thank you
"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
PC/NA
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dres Censer Chains - lots of smoke, small item easy to hide

Argonian Censer - wider area of smoke but bigger and harder to hide.

These two are my go to for smaller areas of steam/smoke :)

Edit:- Both are craftable
    Edited by freespirit on November 13, 2023 4:06PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say this is one of the best steam effects items we can get: Dwarven Boiler, Central Used them myself for some steam coming out of grates look. Just flip them upsidedown, then you need some thickness of the floor to sink most of it into for hiding.

Edit in some screenshots:
    AzU1pli.png
    jRWvlvY.png
    https://i.imgur.com/HBVaFA9.mp4 <- video of the effect.
    Keep in mind that they do make noise, some steamy and a light bubbling (which is their main downside). But compared to the incense they do make steam that looks like it and not tendrils of white/light grey smoke.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on November 13, 2023 6:07PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    every censer/incense furnishing,
    steam of repose,
    and the dwarven boiler
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say this is one of the best steam effects items we can get: Dwarven Boiler, Central Used them myself for some steam coming out of grates look. Just flip them upsidedown, then you need some thickness of the floor to sink most of it into for hiding.

AzU1pli.png
    jRWvlvY.png
    Keep in mind that they do make noise, some steamy and a light bubbling (which is their main downside). But compared to the incense they do make steam that looks like it and not tendrils of white/light grey smoke.

This effect is amazing!! Thank you for sharing!
    OOF unfortunately this thing costs a small fortune for the blueprint alone.
    Edited by Thee_Cheshire_Cat on November 19, 2023 1:34AM
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had to move my Indoril Incense outside because the smoke effect was substantial enough to leak through the flooring above it, and the incense stick itself is tiny and should be easy to hide. The catch is, it’s theft-only, but there’s a temple in IIRC Balmora with the appropriate targets and no guards to accost you if you get caught pickpocketing.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's expensive but these are small and work well when hidden: https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dark_Anchor_Pinion
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AzU1pli.png
    jRWvlvY.png

This effect is amazing!! Thank you for sharing!
    OOF unfortunately this thing costs a small fortune for the blueprint alone.

Yeah, the dwarven blueprints can be very costly. Wish they had one of those random blueprint parcels at the writ vendors.
    But maybe you know a guildie who can make them for you. Many in the housing guilds I've been in can happily craft an item for someone, usually at just material cost.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!