The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Skill rotation for Magsorc PVP bomber.

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
Well I've tried this off and on a few times and never can get the bomber skill rotation correct. I'm running Dark Convergence, Viscous Death and Balorgh's monster set with all divines and infused.

Looked at a few videos and so far none really go into the detail of what procs what. What skill rotation do you use to set off your bomb?
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're about 18 months late on this.

The combo used to be using ranged mines to proc convergence that would pull everyone into a corner up against a wall where the mines could all trigger dealing huge damage to 1 person (likely getting the kill) and follow it up with a negate and streak to prevent them from escaping or casting heals.

Unfortunately in U35, they gutted the [snip] out of mines and magsorc bomber hasn't been the same since. It still works ok when its part of a group because you can negate proc convergence into streak to lock down enemies for the group to finish off, but outside of that, you will likely want to stick with a traditional NB Tether or DK cleave bomber.

If you're dead-set on still using sorc for this, I'd practice destro ulti/negate/mines into pulsar + fury.

Each of the first 3 skills (destro ult, negate or mines) is what you use to proc dark convergence (this will typically be on the back bar), then you switch to the front bar, cast streak into 1 or 2 fury on squishy looking targets then spam pulsar or maybe frags to try and get 1 kill to proc vicious death to hopefully cause a chain reaction that would wipe the group.
    Edited by Turtle_Bot on November 14, 2023 11:06AM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    You're about 18 months late on this.

The combo used to be using ranged mines to proc convergence that would pull everyone into a corner up against a wall where the mines could all trigger dealing huge damage to 1 person (likely getting the kill) and follow it up with a negate and streak to prevent them from escaping or casting heals.

Unfortunately in U35, they gutted the [snip] out of mines and magsorc bomber hasn't been the same since. It still works ok when its part of a group because you can negate proc convergence into streak to lock down enemies for the group to finish off, but outside of that, you will likely want to stick with a traditional NB Tether or DK cleave bomber.

If you're dead-set on still using sorc for this, I'd practice destro ulti/negate/mines into pulsar + fury.

Each of the first 3 skills (destro ult, negate or mines) is what you use to proc dark convergence (this will typically be on the back bar), then you switch to the front bar, cast streak into 1 or 2 fury on squishy looking targets then spam pulsar or maybe frags to try and get 1 kill to proc vicious death to hopefully cause a chain reaction that would wipe the group.

Darn that sucks, I really wanted to try that on my magsorc. I went ahead and moved my Vicious Death over to my NB last night and it's a much easier skill rotation. I had some success and was quite fun as my main PVP toon is my NB. Thanks for the info.