The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Gear from endless archive [plar and DK]

Rhaegar75
Rhaegar75
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello

I’m truly fed up of the current meta so I’m farming the new class sets for my plar and DK.

What sets (mostly back I guess) would you pair with Wrathsun and Basalt Blooded Warrior? Please let’s stay away from the usual current meta sets ie master DW, Vateshran, Maarselok etc
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For BsB I think a decent dps set like BSW would fit with nicely.
    I wouldn't bother with wrathsun for pvp, most fights dont last long enough for it to proc its end bonus.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    For BsB I think a decent dps set like BSW would fit with nicely.
    I wouldn't bother with wrathsun for pvp, most fights dont last long enough for it to proc its end bonus.

Thanks buddy!

I’m desperate to try something that moves away from 5p set + Master DW etc

It was more fun and more various when the meta was front bar, back bar, monster set and mythic. I guess it may be slightly different with the DK set.
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Firstmep does wrathsun stacks proc from each tick of reflective light or only direct damage?
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Udrath wrote: »
    @Firstmep does wrathsun stacks proc from each tick of reflective light or only direct damage?

I think it should proc with any dawn's wrath damage but I'm not 100% sure
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some comments on the EA sets Ive tried in Zerodil.

DK: unfortunately you have to equip this on both bars. It shouldn't be that way, because it procs a 10 second spell, but it is. The set itself is strong but not super OP. You have to use an eathern heart ability every 10 seconds to keep it up, and normally I wouldn't use those abilities that often. Having to equip it on both bars weakens the possible builds.

Plar: I paired this with Order's wrath and Balorgh. Used Vampire's bane and Solar barrage plus Jesus beam to proc it. The key is to apply the dots to lots of targets otherwise it takes too long to proc. It can do big damage in a big fight.

Necro: This set can be back barred and it makes the necro super tanky. I used it with a bash build because it buffs resists.

NB: this set is quite strong. I back barred it and put on NMG plus Balorg , mythic and trainee chest. Put Siphoning skills on the bar with this set and their cost is reduced 18% and strength increased 18%. Yes, it applies to both the ultimate and healthy offering...no more needs to be said...
    Edited by Theignson on November 15, 2023 8:36AM
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick question: would BSW work as well on the back bar i.e. proccing through a DoT applied from the front bar?

Mmmmm not great choice to pair with basalt bloodied?
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Quick question: would BSW work as well on the back bar i.e. proccing through a DoT applied from the front bar?

Not recommended as 1 bar set up at all. Basalt is not a 1 bar set as of right now like some content creators made it out to be before its release. If you want to do 1 bar 1 set setup, you are better off with good ole Trickery.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

Not recommended as 1 bar set up at all. Basalt is not a 1 bar set as of right now like some content creators made it out to be before its release. If you want to do 1 bar 1 set setup, you are better off with good ole Trickery.

Thanks i'm definitely thinking about double barring it and then have a back bar only set with a monster set and an arena weapon. I just don't know what 5pc set to use as back bar
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on November 22, 2023 6:37PM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I am curious to what people think about Hist sap or Curse Eater for a back bar set on a DK: most people don't seem to rate these sets much whilst others would hail them as rather cheesy
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on December 4, 2023 9:20PM