Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

perma ban all who

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, for the love of Talos, stop it with the conspiracy theories people:

1) Everyone who is caught buying/selling gold gets banned.
    2) Zenimax (and every other company) loses money fighting these people, because...
    3) Gold sellers steal accounts; they don't pay for them.

tumblr_lptp0wk3TW1qc9ljx.gif
    ----
    Murray?
  • beriiel
    beriiel
    ✭✭
    Yeah its sad to see those poor farmers that have no life, why do they have to screw up someone else? Most players like to earn it rather than cheating!

I agree. I remember watching a news show about gold farmers a few years ago. A lot of them are from China and can't find work. So, they work for these places. The sick thing is they don't get paid. They get a mat to sleep on and if they make their daily quota, they get a bowl of rice. If they don't, no food.

But, with that being said, if people didn't buy from them, the market would have dried up years ago and it wouldn't be an issue.

I think people who purchase gold, items and leveling services should be perma banned first and foremost.
  • MistryssNite
    MistryssNite
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly are gold spammers? I know it's obviously some sort of scam, but I've never heard of this before. Are there any precautions I should take? Is it that easy to hack an account? I will also state that I am new to MMOs.
    Current main: Pe'tra
    Female Khajiit Templar of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Feel free to join her in questing ^.^
    It's just been a morning of death
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't pay attention to those selling gold; I don't in TESO and I don't in other games such as LOTRO and WoW. Am I alone in simply not paying any mind to these people?
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • TheAurelian
    Oh, for the love of Talos, stop it with the conspiracy theories people:

1) Everyone who is caught buying/selling gold gets banned.
    2) Zenimax (and every other company) loses money fighting these people, because...
    3) Gold sellers steal accounts; they don't pay for them.

tumblr_lptp0wk3TW1qc9ljx.gif

I've honestly never understood buying and selling accounts. I know some people are eager to get to endgame content or have superior weaponry but cmon. The whole point of these games is to invest time and effort into it so you feel like you accomplished something. I would never want to pay for someone else's experience.
    “Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost...." -Hiromu Arakawa-
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MistryssNite Gold spammers are people that sell in game gold for real money. It's a bannable offense, and is against the rules. Typically they advertise by spamming chat in game. Their websites will contain keyloggers to nab your password and other such tricks. Keep away from them, keep your account info secure, and you should be safe.
    Edited by Lalai on April 2, 2014 1:27PM
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • beriiel
    beriiel
    ✭✭
    What exactly are gold spammers? I know it's obviously some sort of scam, but I've never heard of this before. Are there any precautions I should take? Is it that easy to hack an account? I will also state that I am new to MMOs.

Gold spammers are outside companies that sell in-game gold, items and leveling services which can get you banned from the game.

These companies make you register for their site, and hope your email with them is the same as your game account email. Then they try to hack your account.

So, don't buy gold. Always use an email that is for this game only and never use it anywhere else.

You can also create a password that is 200 characters long for this game, and I suggest doing that. Just save the password to a notepad, and copy paste.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you see any in-game chat where it's someone repeating the same "Go to [x] website to get [x] gold for $[x]," or powerleveling services, or (outside of the forthcoming cash shop) any services at all that involve paying real-world money for in-game currency/items, that's gold-seller spam. It is a scam. In the event that they actually do provide the services advertised, your account will be compromised later so they can use it to drum up more business from other people who don't know any better.

Here are the precautions to take:

1) Never, ever, ever, ever in a million years should you go to the linked site. Even if you're curious. Don't go. You'll get malware, even if you don't give them all your information for them to later steal.
    2) Don't share your account information with anyone you don't know.
    3) Have good anti-virus and anti-malware programs.
    4) Always, always, always report gold-seller spam and report anyone who you believe is using exploits or buying gold. Players are the first, last, and best line of defense against scams.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold spammers are those guys you see spamming, (filling zone chat repeatedly), saying to "Buy gold from pinheadsorus.com. 1K gold for $0.01" Then, when you go to that site, they take your CC information to buy the gold. They usually want your account login information (User ID and password) to "put the gold into your account." So they then steal your account, take everything you had in it and sell it for gold for them, then use your CC information to create OTHER accounts to spamm chat.
    Of course, this whole deal is against ZoS terms of service, so there is no way to say, "I gave the gold spammers my account info, can I have it back after you ban them?"
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    I don't pay attention to those selling gold; I don't in TESO and I don't in other games such as LOTRO and WoW. Am I alone in simply not paying any mind to these people?

Alone? No. Thats why people are saying to ignore them. I kinda feel like I am fighting them when I report them. Sadly, right now, I think ZoS did not expect them to the level we are seeing, because they need to be handled within minutes of being reported, or they just disappear. Turn around right now on my trouble tickets for some spammer reports has been a couple days.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • vanity
    vanity
    ✭✭
    Gold farmers don't have "no life" they usually have system breaks and botting programs. Most gold sellers are probably actually programmers or computer science graduates who abuse systems for side cash. I know a gold spot to farm gold and even then, it's not enough to be worth 3$ every 1k I farm.

So, my point, I don't think that the gold farmers are actually people playing non stop to sell gold. You'd make more by getting a real job anyways. In fact, maybe people already know gold or dupe glitches. I don't now really. It just seems like gold selling came way to fast haha.