Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Reinstalling ESO to different drive, Should I reinstall addons too?

Feowyn13
Feowyn13
✭✭✭
Hi all,

Due to my pc running out of space I bought a new external hard drive and am currently installing all my games on there. After the Witches event is over I plan on reinstalling ESO there too.
Problem is that ESO is the only game I use addons with (through Minion) and I also use TTC.
Preferably I move Minion and TTC to the external HDD too but I don't want to have to start over with the addon settings. Most addons I have set certain preferences to I have no idea how to do that again.

Can I just move the installed folder of Minion and TTC to the external HDD? Or do I have to delete and then install again? And if that's the case, is there a way to keep the addon settings as they're now?

As a kid (yes, I'm old now) I remember having the Sims installed on an external HDD and just taking that HDD with me to friends houses to play on their computer, I would copy the save files every time and place them in the designated folder on the HDD. Is that possible with Minion and TTC?

I use PC Windows 10.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feowyn13 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Due to my pc running out of space I bought a new external hard drive and am currently installing all my games on there. After the Witches event is over I plan on reinstalling ESO there too.
    Problem is that ESO is the only game I use addons with (through Minion) and I also use TTC.
    Preferably I move Minion and TTC to the external HDD too but I don't want to have to start over with the addon settings. Most addons I have set certain preferences to I have no idea how to do that again.

Can I just move the installed folder of Minion and TTC to the external HDD? Or do I have to delete and then install again? And if that's the case, is there a way to keep the addon settings as they're now?

As a kid (yes, I'm old now) I remember having the Sims installed on an external HDD and just taking that HDD with me to friends houses to play on their computer, I would copy the save files every time and place them in the designated folder on the HDD. Is that possible with Minion and TTC?

I use PC Windows 10.

Usually your add-on data is saved in [documents -> elder scrolls online- > live -> addons] instead of the game's folder itself. As long as you don't change that, you should be fine.

If you want to change the addon directory, simply copy the data and reroute minion to the new path. Reinstallation shouldn't be necessary.

Edit: If any addon requires you to reinstall (shouldn't be the case tho), look for the file, which is saving your user preferences. Save that file anywhere and overwrite the newly installed one with it to transfer your personal data.
    Edited by Braffin on November 5, 2023 1:20PM
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • Feowyn13
    Feowyn13
    ✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »
    Feowyn13 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I use PC Windows 10.

Usually your add-on data is saved in [documents -> elder scrolls online- > live -> addons] instead of the game's folder itself. As long as you don't change that, you should be fine.

If you want to change the addon directory, simply copy the data and reroute minion to the new path. Reinstallation shouldn't be necessary.

Edit: If any addon requires you to reinstall (shouldn't be the case tho), look for the file, which is saving your user preferences. Save that file anywhere and overwrite the newly installed one with it to transfer your personal data.

Awesome! Thank you so much! I will try this when the event is over.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can probably just leave them where they are, unless you're really short of space or you have a lot of addons and moving them would make a significant difference.

I have ESO on my B drive and the addons on the C drive, in the documents folder, and it works fine.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options