Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

More Taunts for tank classes.

Contrabardus
Contrabardus
✭✭
Not every tank wants to sword and shield. How about some taunts for 2h tanks? There definitely needs to be more options for drawing aggro than there currently is for tank class chars.

A FF XIV 'flash' style skill or something similar in the heavy armor tree would be awesome. A short range AOE that does light or even no damage but generates extra aggro would improve the tanking game considerably.

I was a Dragon Knight in the beta and went with Nightblade because I didn't care for tanking in this game. I've heard several tank players complaining about the lack of taunts or effective ways to keep aggro on themselves in groups since the early access started as well.

More aggro drawing for tanks would be awesome. Something in the heavy armor tree would work great.
  • Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    There is a weapon independent taunt in the Undaunted guild tree. Also, tanks in this game aren't supposed to keep agro on large groups. See here for a detailed explanation of tanking from a long term VR10 beta tester.
    Edited by Teloran on April 2, 2014 9:41AM
  • Contrabardus
    Contrabardus
    ✭✭
    I'll pass that info along next time I hear someone bring it up in game. I might roll a tank again when I make another toon. I was planning on it anyway.

Still, another taunt action at lower levels for non one hand and shield chars would be nice.
    Edited by Contrabardus on April 2, 2014 9:43AM
  • jhmcclellan3_ESO
    jhmcclellan3_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am leveling a Nightblade for the purpose of tanking, and I would love to tank with a two handed weapon or even dual wield. I don't know if it is possible yet, but I will try to post back here with my findings in later game. I assume sword and board is ideal, but if you get the Undaunted taunt, and manage to soft cap your armor, it would seem to me that you could tank effectively without a shield.
  • Contrabardus
    Contrabardus
    ✭✭
    From what I've heard that works well, until about V2 and then the build falls apart.

NBs don't make very good tanks in Vet areas apparently and get destroyed pretty quickly by mobs in Vet zones.