The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

When will the necromancer be improved?

TDVM
TDVM
✭✭✭
The state the necromancer is in now is simply terrifying
Even the class set does not improve the condition of the necromancer, which is not good. What can we say when the necromancer doesn’t even have his own Major Brutality and Sorcery when literally all classes except the necromancer have this buff. And he loses to all classes in terms of buffs
Below I have given an example of improvements to some skills, in my opinion:

gsk8nb9kg6ve.png
    Flame Skull: Replace fire damage with magic damage. This skill could be a good spamming ability, but it does very little damage for pvp, and because of this, almost no one uses it

• 2fxpgxjfgfxz.png
      Venom Skull: Lob an explosive skull at an enemy, dealing 10000(example) Poison Damage. Every second cast of this ability deals 50% increased damage. Every fourth cast causes explosive area damage for 10,000 (example) Poison Damage and imposes Minor Necro Defile on the enemy reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 10% for 5 seconds.
    • xcariayrffj6.png
      Ricochet Skull: Lob an explosive skull at an enemy, dealing 10,000 (example) Flame Damage. Every third cast of this ability deals 70% increased damage and will bounce up to 4 times to other nearby enemies and deals additional blast damage from cold fire to each first target for 40% of the damage dealt
      jbc4c9mjelov.png
      Blastbones: Give this ability major brutality and major sorcery, etc. this ability is one of the main spam abilities in pvp and pve. Necromancer is the only class that does not have this buff, all other classes have it. Replace fire damage with magic damage.
      • xok6jduh9pd4.png
        Blighted Blastbones: This ability is useless from the word at all, especially when hybridization started and 99% of players use a different morph. Major Defile reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 16% it almost doesn't feel like it, considering how much healing is in the game right now. Need to make the initial value equal to 20% - 25% and that it would scale from spd/wpd, 1k wpd/spd = 5% Defile. Give the necromancer your Defile - Major Necro Defile, which only the necromancer will have.
      • oiszhiau4zb4.png
        Stalking Blastbones: Improve this morph. The skeleton runs after the target and explodes when approaching it, dealing 15000 (for example) points of fire damage to all nearby enemies and deals cold fire damage over 5 seconds to the target it was running towards in the amount of 40% ( example) of the damage dealt by the explosion

This is my version of the necromancer for pvp, the changes described here may well not be reality. But the fact that the necromancer is not in the best position now remains a fact and something needs to be done about it...

• megamanx3363
        megamanx3363
        ✭✭
        Necro needs Heal absorption on all the Defile abilities In my opinion.
      • IncultaWolf
        IncultaWolf
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        It would be a nice buff if ANY of the necromancers dps abilities left behind a sticky DoT. Blastbones causing damage over time after exploding would be awesome.
      • OtarTheMad
        OtarTheMad
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        If BB put a DoT on people it hit, that’d be a good move forward. Could also put a DoT on one of the morphs of Grave Grasp so that we get some sort of damage choices outside of the damage skill line just like the other classes.
      • CameraBeardThePirate
        CameraBeardThePirate
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        OtarTheMad wrote: »
        If BB put a DoT on people it hit, that’d be a good move forward. Could also put a DoT on one of the morphs of Grave Grasp so that we get some sort of damage choices outside of the damage skill line just like the other classes.

OK mini-rant time.

Empowering Grasp is such a flaming garbage heap of an ability and I am flabbergasted that ZOS hasn't done anything about it. Has anyone on the dev team ever tried to use this ability to empower their pets? It's like trying to scoop water out of a boat with a sieve.

In case people were unaware, your pets move constantly. Am I supposed to target them and miss my enemies? Or target my enemies and miss my pets? Turns out it doesn't matter, because the effect of the ability is garbage in both scenarios for the stress this skill puts on your mag sustain.

Make it so that the ability's empower effect is active while the ability is slotted, and do something to make the other effects of the ability feel impactful. Give it damage over time, or make the areas bigger, or make all 3 areas stun, just do something. It's a joke.

If you're gonna encourage Necros to use Bone Tyrant abilities with the new class set, how about we change the abilities to be functional.

Mini rant over
        Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on November 6, 2023 10:21PM
      • boi_anachronism_
        boi_anachronism_
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I cant really get on board with replacing fire damage. Its super important for ec builds but im with you on pretty much everything else. It definitely needs brutality/sorcery at the min.
      • IncultaWolf
        IncultaWolf
        ✭✭✭✭✭

OK mini-rant time.

Empowering Grasp is such a flaming garbage heap of an ability and I am flabbergasted that ZOS hasn't done anything about it. Has anyone on the dev team ever tried to use this ability to empower their pets? It's like trying to scoop water out of a boat with a sieve.

In case people were unaware, your pets move constantly. Am I supposed to target them and miss my enemies? Or target my enemies and miss my pets? Turns out it doesn't matter, because the effect of the ability is garbage in both scenarios for the stress this skill puts on your mag sustain.

Make it so that the ability's empower effect is active while the ability is slotted, and do something to make the other effects of the ability feel impactful. Give it damage over time, or make the areas bigger, or make all 3 areas stun, just do something. It's a joke.

If you're gonna encourage Necros to use Bone Tyrant abilities with the new class set, how about we change the abilities to be functional.

Mini rant over

I agree, it's very clunky and buggy, feels bad to use. Sometimes I'll even be standing COMPLETELY STILL and my pets won't get the buff, even after directly hitting them while not moving
      • OtarTheMad
        OtarTheMad
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

OK mini-rant time.

Mini rant over

Yeah. I’ve tried to force this ability to be good but it’s just not possible. That’s why I figured that you replace one morphs added effect(I would choose Empowering by a long shot). Keeping the circles and the stun, immobilizing etc but adding a DoT.