The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update 40 Bookshelf to Bookcase furnishing renaming issues

bike9876
bike9876
Soul Shriven
The renaming of some "Bookshelf" furnishings to "Bookcase" with Update 40 is not ideal.

Ayleid Bookshelf, Cluttered (itemid 130200) and its plan (plan itemid 132188) have been renamed Ayleid Bookcase, Cluttered. These clash with existing item/plan with the same name and quality (itemid 130198, plan itemid 132187).

Orcish Bookshelf, Peaked (itemid 116427) and its plan (plan itemid 119082) have been renamed Orcish Bookcase, Peaked. These clash with existing item/plan with the same name and quality (itemid 116426, plan itemid 119081).

Blueprint: Elsweyr Bookshelf, Elegant Wooden (plan itemid 152042) has been renamed Blueprint: Elsweyr Bookcase, Elegant Wooden but the corresponding item (itemid 151698) has _not_ been renamed.

High Elf Bookshelf, Verdant (itemid 116339) has been renamed High Elf Bookcase, Short Verdant, but the plan (itemid 118987) has been renamed "Praxis: High Elf Bookcase, Verdant" (ie "Short" is missing in the plan). So the plan now clashes with plan itemid 118960 (although they have different qualities).

High Elf Bookshelf, Winged (itemid 114376) has been renamed High Elf Bookcase, Short Winged, but the plan (itemid 118919) has been renamed "High Elf Bookcase, Winged" (ie "Short" is missing in the plan). So the plan now clashes with plan itemid 118921 with the same name and quality.

(I've only checked furnishing items with a corresponding plan.)

So be careful when buying any of these items/plans that it is the right one...
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Are you guys aware of this issue? The rarity of the Ayleid plan means that someone can be set back weeks of work if they buy the wrong one.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 3, 2023 3:43AM
    Options
  • Germakochi
    Germakochi
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

Are you guys aware of this issue? The rarity of the Ayleid plan means that someone can be set back weeks of work if they buy the wrong one.

Yeah, like me for example. I bouhgt the wrong Ayleid plan. I also made a thread because of this but I didnt know that they were renamed. Thanks for shedding light to it. I hope it gets fixed soon.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Germakochi wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

Yeah, like me for example. I bouhgt the wrong Ayleid plan. I also made a thread because of this but I didnt know that they were renamed. Thanks for shedding light to it. I hope it gets fixed soon.

I too purchased the wrong plan, but hey what's 3M gold spend on the wrong item right? Glad to see that nobody's responding to other people's threads as well!

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

I too purchased the wrong plan, but hey what's 3M gold spend on the wrong item right? Glad to see that nobody's responding to other people's threads as well!

That sucks! :( There ought to be some kind of check that doesn’t allow different items to have the same name!
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

That sucks! :( There ought to be some kind of check that doesn’t allow different items to have the same name!

I can't even begin to fathom the reasoning behind the decision to CHANGE a furnishing plan to have the same name as an existing furnishing plan. Par for the course with ESO I guess.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we please get confirmation that it was indeed not a mistake to name two furnishing plans the exact same thing? I have farmed for 100+ hours trying to get the purple praxis for the tall Ayleid Bookcase and have come up empty. I have search every single trader in the game daily for months and have not seen this plan once at any price. There is a short bookcase and a tall bookcase. Why are they named the exact same thing, and are both plans still dropping in the game?
    Ayleid Bookshelf, Cluttered (itemid 130200) and its plan (plan itemid 132188) have been renamed Ayleid Bookcase, Cluttered. These clash with existing item/plan with the same name and quality (itemid 130198, plan itemid 132187).

This is such a silly change and clarification would be much appreciated.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Hadeostry - Given that you're one of the only mods I see active on these forums, are you able to help out with clarification regarding the purple Ayleid bookcase furnishing plans?
    Options
  • bike9876
    bike9876
    Soul Shriven
    Have just looked at current sales of Praxis: Ayleid Bookcase, Cluttered. Of the 6, five are what were the Bookshelf, and one is the original Bookcase. So it seems both are likely still available in game.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bike9876 wrote: »
    Have just looked at current sales of Praxis: Ayleid Bookcase, Cluttered. Of the 6, five are what were the Bookshelf, and one is the original Bookcase. So it seems both are likely still available in game.

Where did you see this information?

Options
  • bike9876
    bike9876
    Soul Shriven
    I'm on the PC/EU server. TTC listed the guilds selling the Praxis. Once at a guild, hover over the Praxis. The ex Ayleid Bookshelf, Cluttered require Mundane Rune (11), ... The original Ayleid Bookcase, Cluttered require Mundane Rune (12), ...
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm on the PC/EU server. TTC listed the guilds selling the Praxis. Once at a guild, hover over the Praxis. The ex Ayleid Bookshelf, Cluttered require Mundane Rune (11), ... The original Ayleid Bookcase, Cluttered require Mundane Rune (12), ...

Gotcha. I'm on Xbox/NA so I am not able to see as many listings/sales as PC. I have searched EVERY SINGLE TRADER on Xbox/NA and there is only 1 of the short/fat bookcase plans listed for sale!

Options
  • bike9876
    bike9876
    Soul Shriven
    Update 41 on the PTS has renamed the old Ayleid Bookshelf, Cluttered (itemid 130200) "Ayleid Bookcase, Short Cluttered" and the old Ayleid Bookcase, Cluttered (itemid 130198) "Ayleid Bookcase, Tall Cluttered". (The plans are also renamed.)

The other name clashes/inconsistent renamings I listed above aren't fixed.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update 41 on the PTS has renamed the old Ayleid Bookshelf, Cluttered (itemid 130200) "Ayleid Bookcase, Short Cluttered" and the old Ayleid Bookcase, Cluttered (itemid 130198) "Ayleid Bookcase, Tall Cluttered". (The plans are also renamed.)

The other name clashes/inconsistent renamings I listed above aren't fixed.

I've pinged the mods on multiple threads and received zero response, so thank you for taking the time to provide an update on this issue.

Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Comment deleted as my views and opinions are not relevant to ZoS.
    Edited by CGPsaint on April 19, 2024 2:15AM
    Options
  • bike9876
    bike9876
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, they have been renamed (sorry to take so long to reply).
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Comment deleted as my views and opinions are not relevant to ZoS.
    Edited by CGPsaint on April 19, 2024 2:10AM
    Options