The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Please please please do not keep the Grand Master Crafting Stations as Bind-on-Pickup

kah
kah
✭✭✭
What it says on the tin. As for why, there are too many threads/comments in the PTS forum about this to count. Lots of great points made in there, and I beg the powers-that-be to take another look and reconsider the current state of things. There's just no reason to slow down the process of getting these stations for players. It still takes a ton of time and effort and money to get all the attunable stations, and there's a reason it's an endeavor mostly left to guilds. Please let the teamwork continue making the dream work!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The teamwork will always come up short as long as there is no true guild hall.

Options
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not understand why this bother with teamwork. You can still donate Master Writs to guild owner or house owner so they can do it. You can also donate gold and they can spend it on Master Writs.

Is it a problem because of that achievement where you need do certain amount of writs? If that is the case it is a very easy achievement anyway and they will probably get it with the donated writs.
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    I do not understand why this bother with teamwork. You can still donate Master Writs to guild owner or house owner so they can do it. You can also donate gold and they can spend it on Master Writs.

Is it a problem because of that achievement where you need do certain amount of writs? If that is the case it is a very easy achievement anyway and they will probably get it with the donated writs.

You'd probably need to do that many to get the 6k vouchers you need anyway, would take an average writ value of over 60 to not get the achievement naturally.

I know at least one guild hall owner who hasn't even levelled crafting tho, and made it entirely with gold and donations. BoP makes it very difficult for them.

Personally I've set up a guild house on an alt account so I didn't have to lose my main primary (before you could just link houses). I didn't bother much with motifs and research so it's going to be really difficult without the ability to transfer between accounts
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • kah
    kah
    ✭✭✭

It's not insurmountable for sure, but it is a pain to have one person doing all the master writs to get 6,000 vouchers. You also have to transfer over mats, which at the moment admittedly is a problem for me because I don't have ESO+ at the moment, and then you have to make sure you have the appropriate style motifs. It can get pretty costly -- and it's extremely time consuming when it could be made quicker by allowing multiple people to contribute. And why not make them like the attunable tables? Where you can buy and sell them? I just don't get the reasoning behind locking it behind an achievement. If you don't have the attunable tables, they are just your basic crafting tables, so it's not like you can get around getting those first.

EDIT: I understand the reasoning behind the decision to be clear. Grand Master Crafter stations requiring a crafting achievement is kinda a no brainer, but it's overkill when you have to spend so much time, money, and effort to get and attune the other stations first. This is supposed to be a Quality of Life improvement, and it just feels like it's unnecessarily tedious to obtain in.
    Edited by kah on November 1, 2023 5:06PM
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

You'd probably need to do that many to get the 6k vouchers you need anyway, would take an average writ value of over 60 to not get the achievement naturally.

I know at least one guild hall owner who hasn't even levelled crafting tho, and made it entirely with gold and donations. BoP makes it very difficult for them.

Personally I've set up a guild house on an alt account so I didn't have to lose my main primary (before you could just link houses). I didn't bother much with motifs and research so it's going to be really difficult without the ability to transfer between accounts

i used a bunch of pre-update (old) jewelry writs

some of those old gold jewelry writs are worth like 400-600 voucher each, but significantly easier to craft now
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • kah
    kah
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE! As someone who did manage to buy all the tables in the last couple of days, I still humbly ask that the devs reconsider the bind on pickup. Also consider making the tables a collectible so we can't have them in multiple homes?

For anyone curious, my guild hall already had a complete set of attunable tables, so that eliminated a huge and extremely expensive/tedious step for us. In regards to the attunable and the grand master tables, I received a TON of help from my guildees in the form of writs, mats, and gold, and I still ended up spending 6 million gold and making approximately 8 billion (hyperbole) trips back to guild traders, the writ drop off, the guild hall, the guild bank etc., rinse and repeat and repeat and repeat. So yeah, I still stand by my statement that it's been made unnecessarily complicated and hope that eventually this process will be more streamlined for folks.

On a positive note: I will say the process of feeding the attunable tables into the grand master crafting station was SOOOOOO easy. What a dream!
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the grandmaster crafting stations to be collectible then they would have to be bind-on-pickup. But I agree that they should be one or the other: bind-on-pickup collectibles that can be placed in multiple houses or unbound and able to be traded until they are attuned.
    Options
  • kah
    kah
    ✭✭✭
    For the grandmaster crafting stations to be collectible then they would have to be bind-on-pickup. But I agree that they should be one or the other: bind-on-pickup collectibles that can be placed in multiple houses or unbound and able to be traded until they are attuned.

Oof, forgot about that. I think you're right. One way or the other, but honestly, I guess lean more towards collectible. :sweat_smile:
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think i would go with the collectible route, because if you accidentally deleted ones that were fully attuned then you would have to re buy the stations + all of the attuned ones you fed into it lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • kah
    kah
    ✭✭✭
    i think i would go with the collectible route, because if you accidentally deleted ones that were fully attuned then you would have to re buy the stations + all of the attuned ones you fed into it lol

You're givin me the shivers just thinkin about it! :joy:
    Options
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bind on pick up? I better start doing some writs then..
    Options
  • kah
    kah
    ✭✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    Bind on pick up? I better start doing some writs then..

mind-over-matter-facebook-fitness.gif
    Options
  • quinancia
    quinancia
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should remain bind on pickup
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a rule, I am very anti bind on pickup. For me its either everything should be bop or nothing should be bop.
    Options
  • Sonnir
    Sonnir
    ✭✭✭
    Making the new Master Crafting Stations BoP is a whole new level of cruel >.<

Please, for players' sanity's sake, remove the BoP element from the new crafting stations because as of right now, the new tables are NOT a quality of life improvement as they are so unreasonablely priced to achieve.
    Options
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, lets keep them bound on pickup.
    Options
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's meant to be a grind. Can't just be given cool things. Feels much better to obtain them after working for so long.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KiltMaster wrote: »
    It's meant to be a grind. Can't just be given cool things. Feels much better to obtain them after working for so long.

It's meant to be a grind, yes, and these are definitely that no matter what. Even at lower console prices a set would be several million if they were tradable, which would still be out of reach for a lot of players.

They should also be obtainable tho. They didn't make the transmute station BoP and that was tied to a DLC, so it makes even less sense for these to be.

You've never had to be a master crafter to have a guild hall before, everything was available in other ways. It's a little late in the game to suddenly add this requirement when there are so many non-crafters with established guild halls already.
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • kah
    kah
    ✭✭✭
    It's a grind with or without BOP, but if they decide to stick with BOP, I def think it should be a collectible so you can use it in multiple houses. As far as I know or have heard, it's an oddity that it isn't a collectible.
    Options
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for lowering the price (even tho I already have mine) but I like it being achievement locked.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
    Options
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it possible to feed the grandmaster stations by visiting each crafting station per zone or is it only via attunable stations ?
    Options
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to attune the station first, then 'feed' the attuned station to the GMC station.

In short: No. It's not possible the way you commented.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
    Options
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's unfair to the guild house owners to force them to buy all the new benches. The guild members should be able to donate the new benches to the guild house owners.

There is no reasonable rationale for having these benches BoP that I can think of.
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CrazyKitty wrote: »
    It's unfair to the guild house owners to force them to buy all the new benches. The guild members should be able to donate the new benches to the guild house owners.

There is no reasonable rationale for having these benches BoP that I can think of.

they aren't forced to, they can choose to keep their existing tables.
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

This is not a valid response to the issue at hand.

They could choose to just not play ESO too, but we are talking about how it's not fair to the guild house owner to have to make the bench purchases themselves rather than equipping the guild house being a guild wide, team effort.

And point of fact, the attunable benches ARE NOT BoP. What's the rationale for making the new benches BoP? It doesn't make any sense.
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

This is not a valid response to the issue at hand.

They could choose to just not play ESO too, but we are talking about how it's not fair to the guild house owner to have to make the bench purchases themselves rather than equipping the guild house being a guild wide, team effort.

And point of fact, the attunable benches ARE NOT BoP. What's the rationale for making the new benches BoP? It doesn't make any sense.

Its an absolutely valid response, just as your opinion is that they shouldn't be bind on pickup. A guild owner can make a decision to make use of the grand master crafting stations, in which case they meet the criteria to do so.

I have no problem for people to ask for it to not be related to the grand master achievement, but it isn't an issue of fairness
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    they can at least donate master writs for you to do :shrugs:
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    KiltMaster wrote: »

It's meant to be a grind, yes, and these are definitely that no matter what. Even at lower console prices a set would be several million if they were tradable, which would still be out of reach for a lot of players.

They should also be obtainable tho. They didn't make the transmute station BoP and that was tied to a DLC, so it makes even less sense for these to be.

You've never had to be a master crafter to have a guild hall before, everything was available in other ways. It's a little late in the game to suddenly add this requirement when there are so many non-crafters with established guild halls already.

It’s not even difficult to be a master crafter ever since AWA meant all characters’ knowledge counts (which is really silly since that’s not how you do writs, but whatever).
    kah wrote: »
    It's a grind with or without BOP, but if they decide to stick with BOP, I def think it should be a collectible so you can use it in multiple houses. As far as I know or have heard, it's an oddity that it isn't a collectible.

I do wish they were collectible! It makes no sense to me to have them BOP but not be collectible. It would probably make the most sense to have them NOT be bound on pickup since none of the other crafting stuff is. It puzzles me why they went with that option — how would it hurt for people to buy them for their guilds or sell on traders?

I don’t personally have a stake in it, I just don’t see how it makes any sense for them to be BOP and not collectible.
    Options