The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

New Master Crafting Tables bound?

p00tx
p00tx
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Was it intended to make the new Master Crafting tables bound? I bought two for my guild, went to send them to the guild leader, and realized I'm stuck with them. That was a lot of gold and materials and time gone to waste if they remain this way.
PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they are bind-on-pickup. I would submit a ticket requesting a refund and hopefully support can help you! I think most of the other items sold for writ vouchers can be traded so it’s bound to be confusing/unexpected for people that these cannot.

Edit: I had forgotten that other purchases from the master writ vendors requiring Unsurpassed Crafter are not bind-on-pickup. That is really puzzling that these are!
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 31, 2023 4:10AM
    Options
  • Serenez
    Serenez
    ✭✭✭
    Other items at the Master Writ Vendor that require Unsurpassed Crafter achievement are not bound which makes the bind on pick up very confusing.
    Options
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Any word on this? I put in a ticket for it as well (231030-036354). I know of a handful of other people who are having the same issue.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This has been mentioned during PTS testing, I'm sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but since there was no official ZOS reply I'm afraid it might be intentional...
    Options
  • Isteris
    Isteris
    ✭✭✭
    Making it grand crafter only and non tradable feels like an attempt by ZOS to stop it becoming the next mega priced trade item and to be fair getting grand master status is not as hard as when I did it, if have a lot of chars you can teach them all the base craft books for very little gold and you are done as your main crafter can use the amount of motif books learned across your account to fulfil the hardest part of the achievement.
    Options
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Massive bottleneck for guild halls though :/
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isteris wrote: »
    Making it grand crafter only and non tradable feels like an attempt by ZOS to stop it becoming the next mega priced trade item and to be fair getting grand master status is not as hard as when I did it, if have a lot of chars you can teach them all the base craft books for very little gold and you are done as your main crafter can use the amount of motif books learned across your account to fulfil the hardest part of the achievement.

One only needs Unsurpassed Crafter (100 master writs) for it, which a guild could still help with by donating easy to do writs, etc. but it’s still unexpected and confusing if one hasn’t been following development of this feature from PTS.

If it was going to be bound, it should have been a collectible IMHO so at least one could have one’s crafting collection in every house if they wished — like the storage chests. Otherwise, I don’t see the purpose in it being bind-on-pick-up, only a source of frustration for those reasonably expecting otherwise. What would be the harm in crafters purchasing the stations and listing them on traders?
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They are called Master Crafting tables after all. Maybe the “Master” is not meant as “one table to rule them all” but for the Master Crafter.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit made valiant effort but was unable to craft any masters with his new Grand Master Crafting tables, a fact which he considers to be not grand at all.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    Options
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit made valiant effort but was unable to craft any masters with his new Grand Master Crafting tables, a fact which he considers to be not grand at all.

1) load the sets tables in the new stations
    2) in /writworthy window ,select the writs you want to craft and just walk to table
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did about 1,800 master writs with my new tables on Monday, all using writworthy.

Bought tables, loaded all 77 sets of attunables into them, then got going.

Everything but Jewelry worked perfectly on day 1 (with the update to LibLazyCrafting, which WritWorthy uses to do the writs themselves), once I made the code modifications that Code posted in the WritWorthy ESOUI page to make that work, it worked perfectly as well (WritWorthy has since been updated to reflect this change)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    Was it intended to make the new Master Crafting tables bound? I bought two for my guild, went to send them to the guild leader, and realized I'm stuck with them. That was a lot of gold and materials and time gone to waste if they remain this way.

It's intentional.
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »

1) load the sets tables in the new stations
    2) in /writworthy window ,select the writs you want to craft and just walk to table

Of course, it plows through writs delightfully. But Masters.... Khajiit wanted some Masters for his wall - that would certainly be Grand.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    Options