The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Update 40 PC Maintenance Extension

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you an update that we've run into a couple issues during PC maintenance today that is going to require us to extend maintenance until 12pm EDT. We'll be sure to keep you updated on progress in this thread and we'll let you know if it looks like we may open sooner.

In the meantime, what are you planning to do first when the servers open? Will you hop right into Infinite Archive? Dive into Jewelry Crafting? Dig up some of the new Antiquities? Do your writs? :wink:
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on December 17, 2023 10:09PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resort inventory, do daily writs as per normal, then check out the new antiquities. Reading patch notes now....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • sparxys
    sparxys
    ✭✭
    I'm literally crying rn
    I want that templar set ASAP so I can abolish my brother's frame rate when we play together.

I can't go on much longer 😤😤😭
    Gib me funny itemz 💅 slay 💅
  • BerylBones
    BerylBones
    ✭✭✭
    Jumping directly into Endless Archive! So excited for all the new things
    Edited by BerylBones on October 30, 2023 1:58PM
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill be getting the new death hound pet
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you hop right into endless archive?

Yes.
    Edited by wilykcat on October 30, 2023 2:00PM
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xumqxo7orfgb.png
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do chores on my alt (writs, surveys, prologue daily #1347 with no brazier plan yet, IC daily, whathaveyou) then hopefully event related activities.

Providing there are no further extensions that is. The current extension is already putting pressure on the schedule.
  • Galagladi Dragonblood
    I split in two and do Endless Archive and writs at the same time :P
  • observertim
    observertim
    ✭✭✭
    Time to build the Grandmaster stations...
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried endless archive on pts... i think the thing i'm most pleased with is the easing of pressure on jewelry crafting. it was really kinda draconian the requirements for 10 of the little ones to make a plating and ment a lot of work and a lot of cost.. essentially we now have a reduction to one tenth the cost of mats. awesome relief that.
    Edited by YetAnotherLinuxUser on October 30, 2023 2:02PM
  • Bastekk
    Bastekk
    ✭✭
    classic
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm getting tickets, and then i don't know what. i hate planning
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Ri_Tenya
    Ri_Tenya
    ✭✭
    All of the above. ^^
  • Razzledazzle_dar
    Razzledazzle_dar
    ✭✭✭
    I might see how far I can solo the archive...and if little ole me can't handle it sit it out for a while. I'm social in my guilds but I have a weird aversion to asking for groups
    AD PC/NA
  • mayorez
    mayorez
    ✭✭
    Why can’t you do maint behind the scene like Guild Wars 2? They never have downtime that interferes with playing…
  • Zyaedra
    Zyaedra
    ✭✭✭
    very first thing: combine all my attunables! *superexcitedhappyspazzydance*
  • robertlabrie
    robertlabrie
    ✭✭✭
    I need to dump my newly converted chromium plates onto the market before everyone else does. Please hurry ... millions in gold is at stake! :D
  • arcanicdeath
    arcanicdeath
    ✭✭
    Likely to do writs then grind the EA
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ill be grocery shopping due to snowstorm, my family ate everything and left nothing for the mice! And when I get in I'll be giving away golden platings cuz I will have 2k of the dang things!
    Edited by shadyjane62 on October 30, 2023 2:16PM
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the middle of an event and I'm not even upset given the rewards are boring as
  • zendyraub17_ESO
    Check my mail, Do my Gold Punkins for the goodies and tickets, then move on to Displayleads to see what all may be there to go hunt up and how, Then, work my way into that Endless Archive because curiosity killed the Khajiit.
  • autocookies
    autocookies
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by autocookies on March 13, 2024 3:11PM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Count my platings and cackle like a disney villian
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mayorez wrote: »
    Why can’t you do maint behind the scene like Guild Wars 2? They never have downtime that interferes with playing…

Educated guess: because it would be an expense that is both substantial and difficult to justify when the majority of the player base is either sleeping while the maintenance takes place or they will just accept - and even defend - the maintenance downtime as an inevitable necessity without even entertaining the idea that alternatives do exist.

• Rye_Encoke
    Rye_Encoke
    ✭✭
    First is always daily writs, followed by daily guild quests. Then the witches festival....although I now save the daily guild quests until after I have the daily witches festival as I can use the plunder chests from the daily guild to get what I need for the daily witch quest.

After that I tend to farm some more plunder chests.

I have yet to even start antiquities so that is still somewhere in the future. Will probably look at the master crafting stations and see what I need to get those up and running.

After the daily crafting and daily guild I will decide on what I want to do. Sometimes I do more dailies in different zones, sometimes I farm furnishing plans. I will sometimes spend the entire day fishing to get my master angler. Another option is to complete a zone, ie shards, quests, dungeons...finish everything in a zone. All depends on my mood that day.
  • Gabbagul
    Gabbagul
    ✭✭✭
    Extended patch maintenance during an event. Shocked. Shocked, I say.

Swordthane Jylta: "Hooold up there, youngblood..."
  • Jimbru
    Jimbru
    ✭✭✭✭
    mayorez wrote: »

Yeah, they do. They just usually do things more incrementally than ESO does so the downtimes aren't as long.
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭
    I logged on very early this morning for an hour before maintenance started. I was doing writs and holiday event stuff and had just finished the ice stage of Maelstrom Arena when the 1 minute warning popped. So very first thing will be finishing the arena. Then crow horror.

Then either some of my saved jewelry master writs or endless archive. Depends what time I get on this evening. If it looks like too late for endless archive it will be writs.
  • AkaShar29
    AkaShar29
    I'll try to connect, first.

Then I'll wait a loooong time.
  • SithDi
    SithDi
    Take a screenshot of the 700+ Gold Platings I'll have :) Then see if we get Plunder Skulls from the Archive.