The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Reduce cross healing and nerf Undeath passive

Overamera
Overamera
✭✭✭✭
This will help alot against PvP issues like ballgroups and unkillable tanks everywhere. Though I don't think ZOS sees cross healing as an issue as it keeps unexperienced players alive apart from ballgroups. Current meta of Maarselok/Vate/Appetite etc would have to get nerfed first because it is overperforming rn. Undeath passive 100% deserves a nerf.
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    What kind of meta do you think would be more fun?

I do agree. I didn’t renew sub this month and playing without a sub is kinda rough, so I’ve not played much, because PvP has become stale. For me, the skill gap keeps shrinking when classes and sets do most of the work, so I would like to see classes and sets become more even, so skill becomes more relevant

EDIT: Thought more about it. I’ve loved MMO’s that have a rock paper scissors approach. Everyone has a strength and a weakness. I shouldn’t have said classes should matter less, I think they should matter more but in a much more meaningful way. Some classes right now (NB for example) can have their cake and eat it too, it’s can do everything! ESO was designed for classes to specialize in areas. Now that just isn’t the case.
    Edited by Amerises on October 31, 2023 12:03AM
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to ‘nerf cross-healing/Undeath’ thread #4,297. You’re preaching to the choir, friend.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would much rather see self healing take a nerf. This 5-100% on all classes at the click of a button...just dumb.
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would much rather see self healing take a nerf. This 5-100% on all classes at the click of a button...just dumb.

Instead of what's similar to having a nearly free, extra pariah 5 piece instead?

They should make undeath scale depending on how many vampire abilities you have slotted, instead of being this insanely over-tuned passive that 95% of the players who go vampire only do so simply just for just that passive.

Imagine if there was a passive that increased your damage done by up to 33% depending on your own health. Would you think that would be kind of broken?
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should really see rework to vamp as a whole. Fire damage weakness is just bad form. It just buffs DK really. Also hate stage upkeep.... And loss of health Regen....

Let us lock the stage if desired, nerf undeath already, and change fire damage weakness and health Regen loss to something else.

Also, could do some battle spirit adjustments. Make damage taken -80%, then heals/shields -90%. That makes everyone a bit tanky but with the half the healing of damage instead of the now 90%, we would see time to kill actually go down, but the lean towards initial tankiness would prevent an over the top burst meta.

Should also kill those troll builds, perma block and rolly. -50% block mitigation. -50% dodge duration after roll.

This is all very duh....
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should absolutely be able to heal allies and not just people you’re grouped with! Wouldn’t such a change hurt organized “ball groups” least? Now limiting HoT stack I agree with.

The undeath combined with health recovery is rather an odd combination — generally vampires are portrayed as having superior regenerative abilities but not immune to damage and having several weaknesses in fact.