Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Necromancer Rework

megamanx3363
megamanx3363
✭✭
Zos please rework necro this class is so trash and feels like I wasted a lot of money and time on a class that sucks.

Edit
My list for what necro needs to be fixed

Better AI for blastbones

Corpes Need to be reworked in Cyro because the corpse instantly disappears the moment The player respawns making 75% of your abilities useless

Grave Grasp needs rework since it has 0 usage for any piece of content.

Mystic Siphon Rework This ability no longer works on corpses instead it Attaches directly to an enemy Gain Major brutality and sorcery for the duration of the ability. Similar to the vateshran staff

Rapid Rot* No longer increases DOT damage Instead Deal Increased Damage to enemies by 4% while they are under 50% This bonus is Tripled When under 25% while having any Grave Lord Ability slotted.
my personal problem with this passive as of now is that Necro has NO DOTS.

BY all means I wanna hear everyone's thoughts on what we can do to make NECRO great again.
Edited by megamanx3363 on October 29, 2023 8:39AM
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost every day more and more of these threads are created bringing up how bad necromancer is. It's honestly really sad that it has become a meme at this point and people rightly feel scammed and ripped off for paying money for this class. It needs some reworks please.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Simple Ideas on how they can buff Necromancer

- After using Bitter Harvest or one of it's morphs gain Major Brutality and Major Sorcery for 4 seconds per corpse consumed.
    - After summoning an undead gain Major Savagery and Major Prophecy for 6 seconds.
  • megamanx3363
    megamanx3363
    ✭✭
    Please Get this to ZOS

Edited by megamanx3363 on October 29, 2023 8:39AM
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Permanent minions would be nice too, even if it's just an ultimate like Wardens bear.
    PC EU
  • megamanx3363
    megamanx3363
    ✭✭
    jysoqihcwfsa.png

This skill will work For Crydoil Since There is so much healing Going on and it really gets annoying trying to fight someone in a tower for 20 mins only for them to full heal everytime could also be used to stop the massive Ball groups in cyro since they are problematic
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost every day more and more of these threads are created bringing up how bad necromancer is. It's honestly really sad that it has become a meme at this point and people rightly feel scammed and ripped off for paying money for this class.

I find it the most enjoyable class by far. After maining my necro since January this year, I honestly regret not switching sooner. I feel like a god on my one-bar 58k health necro. She can farm, tank, heal, PvP, solo world bosses.

• Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OsUfi wrote: »
    ...my one-bar 58k health necro. She can farm, tank, heal, PvP, solo world bosses.

Don't stop there. You need to share some details, please.
    Edited by Anifaas on October 29, 2023 10:51AM
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anifaas wrote: »
    OsUfi wrote: »
    ...my one-bar 58k health necro. She can farm, tank, heal, PvP, solo world bosses.

Don't stop there. You need to share some details, please.

I tweak the skills and weapons constantly.

Main build:

Hungry Scythe, Blastbones, Boneyard, Arcanist, Spirit Guardian. Ult: Ice Comet

Gear:

Crimson Twilight, Gloom-Graced, Lady Thorn (1 piece), Oakensoul.

Switch between Inferno and Resto staff depending on task.

All enchants health + damage Divine traits.

Food:

Bewitched Sugar Skulls or Crown Fortifying Meals.

Mundus:

The Lord.

Stats:

All into health.
    -

With that, I've solo'd almost every world boss up to the Necrom bosses. Lacks the raw DPS to take down the Summerset sload boss in any reasonable time.

All normal mode dungeons and vet mode base game dungeon can be tanked by swapping out Arcanist for Silver Leash through raw healing.

Adding Goliath gets you to nearly 90k health, good swap in for harder dungeons, bosses, and PvP.

For healing in PUGs, urgh, good god I hate ESO's current dungeons with fake tanks and healers. So I come prepared to run both tank and healer, queuing as a healer. Only gear change is swapping to a resto staff.

Build:

Scythe, Graveyard, Spirit Guardian, Enduring Undeath, Radiating Regen, Life giver.

If we don't have a tank (haha, hahaaha, hahaha, ohhhh, hahahahah... "If"... Haha) I swap out something for Leash. Depends on the dungeon and group I end up.

In BGs, just swap the ultimate for Goliath. 88k health is almost impossible to burst down. Not a high damage build, but hard to take me down solo. Cyrodiil, I usually run mostly heals until this last couple of weeks where I've run the core build + Goliath. I'm not great at PvP, but I certainly find it always takes a group to kill me (or more often a fall from great height).

Just for completeness, here she is in Crimson armour with a Gloam staff. Yes the shoulder is Slime-claw, Lady Thorns looks better.

taejzak6wva1.jpg

Edited by OsUfi on October 29, 2023 11:53AM
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much OsUfi. I'll enjoy digesting all of this.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necro definitely needs attention but I just don’t think they are on the priority list. Even what players have been asking for, which is major brutality/sorcery, isn’t going to change the core problems with necro and it’ll still be trash.

Only fun I’ve had on necro is making a health tank like OsUfi did.
  • KS_Amt38
    KS_Amt38
    ✭✭✭
    Well first priority should be to nerf Arcanists in PVE.
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A forum post mentioning necromancer has been made, and so I have been called...

I fully agree we need the class reworked. First and foremost it just doesn't feel like a necromancer at all, instead feeling more like a "dark sorcerer". We only have 2 offensive minion abilities, one of which is just a spellcaster/archer that barely does any damage, and the other is one that is summoned and instantly dies (or might not even work at all because of pathing).

A problem with this might be the insistence by ZOS that every new class needs to have all 3 gameplay skill lines (healer, tank, dd) to appeal to the most people and help drive sales of the Chapter that unlocks the class. This, despite the fact that healer makes no sense for a necromancer when we could've had another dd skill line more focused on summoning swarms of minions as opposed to doing generic dark magic stuff. But since people seem to be attached to necro healing for some reason I'll digress on that.

Really what we need is to have the class (specifically the dd skill line) be about raising and controlling the dead. We should have more minion abilities (including melee minions) that we need to stay on top of and empower in battle. Corpses should also be the source of these minions, rather than the other way around, so it actually feels like we're raising the dead on the battlefield instead of summoning them from Oblivion (we're dealing with undead, not daedra).

So far the only necro spell that makes me FEEL like a necromancer is the healing skill line ulti that raises a handful of corpses into blastbones if morphed into the right version. But the problem is that (1) they're only blastbones and die almost immediately, so you can't revel in your mini undead swarm, and (2) it's an ultimate ability so you can only use it sparingly.
  • VanLo83
    VanLo83
    ✭✭✭
    I've been maining necro since it came out with Elseweyr and the class feels like it's been abandoned by ZOS just after Greymoor launched. It kept getting weaker and weaker while other classes generally had tweaks, buffs and occasional nerfs.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my little necromancer but I'm not blind to the DPS results etc., necro generally can't keep up with likewise specced classes (meaning stam or mag), especially magicka necro seems to really struggle. I'd love to see some serious buffs, especially to Blast Bones (AI buff that is damn that thing is stupid) and a rework of how the class works in general.

I often jest about it that my necromancer flunked out of necromancer college, I mean I can only reanimate corpses for 15 seconds a pop... doesn't feel like a necro at all, it's like Anumaril mentioned, it's more of a dark sorcerer... well a failed dark sorcerer.

Am I asking for necro to become a full pet class? Heck no, the unique corpse mechanic can be fun but needs to be tweaked. A perma pet like Sorc or Warden if only one would be SO good. It'd help give the class a more unique and identity boost so to speak.

My issue with the current corpse mechanic is that especially in trials, having multiple necros there can be a HUGE problem because we still use corpses of one another that we generate. If you even have on overzealous necro that keeps spamming unnerving or avid boneyard then you're in deep poopoo because you need to start generating new corpses and hope the other necros don't exploit them before you can do anything.

So yes, if there is any class in this game that needs a SERIOUS rework it is necro. I'm glad it works for some people but the overall majority of necro players from what I've seen are asking for a good rework.