The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Another layer of item quality - Artisan and Artisan crafting levels.

Howda
Howda
✭✭✭
Brainstorming

All items should get now another layer of quality, Artisan. Players should choose only one or up to three crafting types to be able to improve to Artisan level. This will diversify the players' professions.

Having the chance to hit all crafting professions on one char killed the market and the economy. But we can fix and add another content sinkhole for everyone.

Yes, we need to have the chance to be what we want to be, but with diminishing returns. Hirelings should be reduced and available to 3 professions.

Crafting daily Writs should be limited to the professions we are capable to craft Artisan items. We should select the professions even before reaching close to Artisan, right from start.

Artisan level can be only unique item naming and symbolic increase of stats by 0.02%

Crafting can increase to 100 levels where 51-100 are Artisan.
Missed opportunity for sure for economic stability.

Maybe the intro of another layer could help. Or some other rework.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 28, 2023 1:54PM
Howda
Don't
Blood for the PACT
Dark Elf Dragonknight
[EU]
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I fail to see how being able to craft everything on one character, a very convenient option, has killed the market and the economy. Not everyone has dozens of crafters, so limiting the ability to do daily writs would hurt those with few toons, such as myself, and new players doing them to make some gold and get some mats. What's the point of going artisan if the increase in stats is so marginal?
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    Options
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This sounds completely pointless and unnecessary.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I *might* be (cautiously) in favor of a quest line with an "artisan" crafting setup at the end of it - but not at the cost of removing any of the current crafting functionality and certainly not making the "artisan" the only one able to do writs.

As far as killing the market and economy, my girls don't really mess in the market and economy very much. I don't sell to anyone other than NPCs, and I buy what I need when I need it (if I'm out of something - *sigh* like potent nirn....)

Though really - I don't see any real need for this at all.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
      Options
    • FantasticFreddie
      FantasticFreddie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      1) I would hazard a guess that 99.9% of all gear people want to upgrade is bound, so tlany sort of min maxer would have all crafting lines maxed, just spread across an inconvenient number of alts

2) How do master crafters destroy the economy? This makes no sense to me
      Options
    • ZOS_Icy
      ZOS_Icy
      mod
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Options
      Staff Post
    • Braffin
      Braffin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      So, you're suggesting to take away the ability from players to play self-sufficient craftingwise?

Definitely not.

If you want people to participate more in trading, make the market system more attractive instead of arbitrary forcing players into your playstyle.

Eso isn't an AAA trading-simulator after all.
      Never get between a cat and it's candy!
      ---
      Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
      Options
    • Howda
      Howda
      ✭✭✭
      Spamming writs ruins the economy and everyone being maxed out on all crafting trades.

There is no difference between people based on crafting profession. I am suggesting to bring that into the game.
      Howda
      Don't
      Blood for the PACT
      Dark Elf Dragonknight
      [EU]
      Options
    • LunaFlora
      LunaFlora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      sure.
      honestly seems nice
      miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
      "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
      🦬🦌🐰
      PlayStation and PC EU.
      LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
      LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
      Options
    • FantasticFreddie
      FantasticFreddie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Howda wrote: »
      Spamming writs ruins the economy and everyone being maxed out on all crafting trades.

There is no difference between people based on crafting profession. I am suggesting to bring that into the game.

You have not explained how "spamming writs" ruins the economy, or why you think that there will be any sort of appreciatable difference if it's done your way.

Options
    • Howda
      Howda
      ✭✭✭

You have not explained how "spamming writs" ruins the economy, or why you think that there will be any sort of appreciatable difference if it's done your way.

Gold and mats out of thin air? Many people spam writs on 4+ alts and generate 50k+ per day in less than 15 minutes. Then they sells the same mats or run surveys that drops. Rinse and repeat. I know and been part of guilds that this is the main daily activity that saturates the market and brought inflation and huge gap among newcomers and veterans in gold earning or gold quest reward becoming meaningless.
      Howda
      Don't
      Blood for the PACT
      Dark Elf Dragonknight
      [EU]
      Options
    • LunaFlora
      LunaFlora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      doing daily crafting writs with all or most of my characters is how i earn most of my gold so i really wouldn't want daily crafting writs to change.
      i hardly ever sell materials
      miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
      "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
      🦬🦌🐰
      PlayStation and PC EU.
      LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
      LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
      Options
    • FantasticFreddie
      FantasticFreddie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Gold and mats out of thin air? Many people spam writs on 4+ alts and generate 50k+ per day in less than 15 minutes. Then they sells the same mats or run surveys that drops. Rinse and repeat. I know and been part of guilds that this is the main daily activity that saturates the market and brought inflation and huge gap among newcomers and veterans in gold earning or gold quest reward becoming meaningless.

It took me approximately 5 seconds to think of a dead easy work around, ie armory station.

All you would be doing is crippling new players, and minorly inconveniencing dedicated gold farmers.
      Options
    • TheImperfect
      TheImperfect
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Totally disagree with OP.
      Options
    • tmbrinks
      tmbrinks
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sure, take away the "gold" from max level writs, that's not their value anyways, it's in the materials you get.

I wonder what would happen to the price of those gold improvement materials once they're no longer able to be sourced in the quantities they are now... >:)
      Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
      The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
      61,215 achievement points
      Options
    • wolfie1.0.
      wolfie1.0.
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Actually, if everyone where running 8+ Alta through crafting writs, doing their surveys, etc. Prices would go down or at least maintain stability.

The base cost for almost everything in eso is 0 gold, it's a time commitment. Trading and buying are a time aabing device nothing more.

All you are proposing is an increase to that time investment which will result in higher prices for those that don't want to commit to it.

Options
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      tmbrinks wrote: »
      Sure, take away the "gold" from max level writs, that's not their value anyways, it's in the materials you get.

I wonder what would happen to the price of those gold improvement materials once they're no longer able to be sourced in the quantities they are now... >:)

Not true for PS server. Gold mats are cheap compared to PC and I don’t sell them, I make most of my gold from the daily crafting writs and a few gold master writs I sell.

Please stop advocating for this which would ruin consoles.
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
    • tmbrinks
      tmbrinks
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Not true for PS server. Gold mats are cheap compared to PC and I don’t sell them, I make most of my gold from the daily crafting writs and a few gold master writs I sell.

I was being facetious... given the absurdity of the original request... I thought the /s was implied. Sorry.
      Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
      The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
      61,215 achievement points
      Options
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

I was being facetious... given the absurdity of the original request... I thought the /s was implied. Sorry.

OK thanks for clarifying
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options