The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hard hitting sets?

derkaiserliche
derkaiserliche
✭✭✭✭
Yoyo!
I am building a one bar stam warden with 2h Weapon. I use 5 pieces of deadtric trickery so far and i am testing offensive pvp related 5 piece sets that synergize well with one bar (oaksoul).
What would you say are some well working offensive sets to add to deadric trickery?

So far i tested:

kynmarchers cruelty --> can apply some decent debuffs, but maybe too much rng with deadric trickery and dmg is not that nice
order of wrath --> dmg is pretty good and the crit comes in handy for my heals as well
way of fire --> best dmg so far, pretty hard hitting set (my favorite yet)

What other sets are worth testing guys? Thank you in advance :)
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did a 1 bar warden dizzy build with polar wind, 64 points max hp. Wore eternal vigor+wretched vitality for omega sustain, warrior Mundas, all infused weapon damage jewerly. Was fun for group play and really tanky

Edit:meant wretched vitality not 10 pieces of eternal vigor lol
    Edited by Udrath on October 30, 2023 2:38AM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hardest hitting set in the game is Mechanical Acuity on a Khajiit with Shadow mundus.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on November 2, 2023 11:44PM
    PC NA
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nooooo more procsets...pls no procsets
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    proc is the way

the eso way
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It sounds like Way of Fire has been working well for you.

I'd also suggest Stuhn's and using Dizzying Swing. If you also use Deep Fissure for Major + Minor Breach, that's 14k penetration on top of your other penetration. That alone overcomes 20% damage mitigation, but you might need to be tanky to get the Swings to land.

However, you might get more mileage out of using a sustain set like Wretched Vitality or Essence Thief instead of Daedric Trickery.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scavenging demise + swamp raider if you wanted to go for a bow oriented build

dragons appetite + master dual wield with blood craze, possibly also with blooddrinker
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on how often you like hitting the respawn, though I may be biased, as I play 1v8 tanks and like to stand on flags and cap relics.

I find dying too much of an inconvenience.

If I have more than zero deaths in a round, I consider that a fail.
    Not sure how you dps folks measure it... is 10 kills 10 deaths good? I don't know.
    CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brakkish wrote: »
    It really depends on how often you like hitting the respawn, though I may be biased, as I play 1v8 tanks and like to stand on flags and cap relics.

Not sure how you dps folks measure it... is 10 kills 10 deaths good? I don't know.

for me i usually try to not die if i can, but i dont think dying itself is necessarily bad

i usually always have more kills + assists than i do deaths usually, and i feel as long as i have a KD ratio greater than 1 im doing good lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

for me i usually try to not die if i can, but i dont think dying itself is necessarily bad

i usually always have more kills + assists than i do deaths usually, and i feel as long as i have a KD ratio greater than 1 im doing good lol

Pretty much this.

My expectations of myself also depend on the lobby I'm in. Sometimes you load in, recognize who you're against, and know you'll be fighting for your life.

Or sometimes (solo que woes,) you thought your team was behind you but they weren't and you accidentally tried to X the entire green team LOL.

Personally I don't count assists towards my K/D, but whatever.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »

Pretty much this.

My expectations of myself also depend on the lobby I'm in. Sometimes you load in, recognize who you're against, and know you'll be fighting for your life.

Or sometimes (solo que woes,) you thought your team was behind you but they weren't and you accidentally tried to X the entire green team LOL.

Personally I don't count assists towards my K/D, but whatever.

its kind of hard not to have assists when your in a big fight in cyrodiil lol

i do usually compare how many actual killing blows i had versus just assists, i am still improving that ratio though
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, yes, I agree. I was talking about BGs because the tank you were responding to had mentioned capping relics.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to sound snooty. Assists definitely matter. But the fact that you get an assist in BGs even if the OTHER team steals your kill makes me not count them.

It's just easier for my brain to compute only the Ks v Ds. Plenty of the Ds I might have excuses for-- such as I had been carrying the Chaosball for example. Obviously going to get focused and die eventually. And likewise plenty of the kills were probably just me stealing someone else's hard work.

But I'm on console and, even if I weren't, I kinda despise apps and add-ons and gadgets in general. So my ways of keeping track of anything are pretty limited. K/D is good enough for me!
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like Way of Fire has been working well for you.

I'd also suggest Stuhn's and using Dizzying Swing. If you also use Deep Fissure for Major + Minor Breach, that's 14k penetration on top of your other penetration. That alone overcomes 20% damage mitigation, but you might need to be tanky to get the Swings to land.

However, you might get more mileage out of using a sustain set like Wretched Vitality or Essence Thief instead of Daedric Trickery.

Agreed with what you were writing until you mentioned Essence Thief.

ET was such a disappointment. I grinded for it this past weekend because the gold rings were on sale on The Golden. ET's green ball spawns in weird places, and it's a pain in the rear to run around picking up the green ball.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always get a freak-ton of assists in bgs.

great build with no execute

🥳