Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting stations see your bank inventory, you don't have to carry all of your mats

cliveklgb14_ESO
cliveklgb14_ESO
✭✭✭
As the title says, Crafting stations see your bank inventory and can use items out of it, you don't have to carry all of your mats.

You can even store weapons or armor for later research and it will use them right out of the bank.

So use your bank, it'll save you bag space problems. Also, you aren't going to be able to master more than 2 crafts, so pick which crafts you want on each character and specialize more.
  • Schmackei
    Schmackei
    ✭✭
    Also, you aren't going to be able to master more than 2 crafts, so pick which crafts you want on each character and specialize more.

Do you have a source for this? I do not recall reading this anywhere.
    SCHMACKEI - < Drunken Baѕtards >
    - The Ebonheart Pact - US
    - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Schmackei
    Schmackei
    ✭✭
    "I read that you can only "master" two crafting skills. Can I master two crafting skills while still being capable of using the other crafting skills? I do so love the ability to be a bit of a jack of all trades.

If you choose to do so, you can advance in or even master every crafting profession we have—just keep in mind that skill points are limited. A skill point spent in crafting is one you didn’t spend on a combat skill that you might want on the battlefield, so make sure you consider your choices carefully."

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/news/post/2014/03/10/ask-us-anything-crafting

So you can master more than 2 crafts. you just take those points from something that might be more useful.
    - Khajiit Nightblade
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    Schmaeki wrote:
    If you choose to do so, you can advance in or even master every crafting profession we have—just keep in mind that skill points are limited. A skill point spent in crafting is one you didn’t spend on a combat skill that you might want on the battlefield, so make sure you consider your choices carefully.

Using ESOhead's calculator I mapped out a DPS (a few of the more useful skills maxed to cap) and three crafting skills (maxed to cap) all with the most useful passives. It would require 90-110 skill points. So, yeah, OP, you can but you probably shouldn't.

Also, as a dedicated crafter, the bank's gonna have to be massively upgraded. I'm only level 8 and I need 2 slots each for wood, runes and cloth already. With the gems, the improvement components and whatnot, 110 slots (what I've read the bank goes up to) isn't gonna be enough.
    Edited by WhiteQueen on April 2, 2014 8:40AM
  • Schmackei
    Schmackei
    ✭✭
    I started a guild and got a heap of my friends to join it on day 1 so that we all had a shared bank space of 500 slots for all provisioning, runes, baits and items for crafting worth 0 - 2g each. It was better for space for us all.
    - Khajiit Nightblade
  • cliveklgb14_ESO
    cliveklgb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Schmackei wrote: »
    Also, you aren't going to be able to master more than 2 crafts, so pick which crafts you want on each character and specialize more.

Do you have a source for this? I do not recall reading this anywhere.

Technically you can master more than 2, dedicate all or most of your skills in crafting sure. But it would take from your points in other areas. You would really limit your options for your character in other areas.

For example to master provisioning it takes 6 skill points alone, and that doesn't even include recipe tiers (upper green, blue recipes). It requires a lot of points to fully Master a craft even if you leave out the hireling, and other optional areas.

I don't have the link at the moment, but remember it being suggested by the designers in one of their beta discussions, that 2 was the most you could reasonably do without taking away from your character in other areas. I found that it was a good recommendation that balanced crafting and other areas.

Edited by cliveklgb14_ESO on April 2, 2014 10:57PM
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, aren't you glad the game isn't like this anymore?
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone clamoring for a Necromancer class in the game. They should just visit the crafting forum.....

But yes, I'm glad I have skill points to spare even after maxing every passive in all six crafting skill lines.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• ZOS_MattL
    ZOS_MattL
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there,
    We are closing this thread as it is old and no longer relevant. If you would like to discuss the ways that the game has improved, feel free to do so in a new thread.
    Cheers,
    Matt
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.