Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Why the Shadow Queen's Labyrinth?

Ajaxandriel
Ajaxandriel
✭✭✭✭✭
Why in Oblivion?

I mean really, why would you put the long-demanded altmeri countryside Manor into the Evergloam?
Is it to punish the nasty altmer lore enjoyers? (Maybe we've been very nasty!)

The problem is not only the skybox, that can be worked around thanks to EHT addon, but the whole lighting and ambiance of the place is screwed.

Deal-breaker for me, I may pass.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 27, 2023 12:19PM
TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I've always wanted a house using this alinor house model since Summerset came out. Not as a Nocturnal themed house though.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The complaints about this house completely disregard the people who happen to like that we now have a house set in the Evergloam, as though such players couldn't possibly exist.
    The Evergloam was a big part of the storyline in both Clockwork and Summerset, so a house set in that environment isn't out of line in any way.

Not every thing that ZOS develops is going to mesh with every single person's personal taste.
    There's no way any developer could possibly accomplish that.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • CoronHR
      CoronHR
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      that's it ... it's time that eso introduced HOUSE BUILDING and LANDSCAPING and TERRAFORMING and THEME SETTING

that way, we can design whatever house wherever and however we d*mn well please :)

i guess technically we can already do this with a space like the elsweyr meadow, so long as we had a full variety of building parts and a variety of spaces in different environments
      PC - EU - Steam client
    • ZOS_Icy
      ZOS_Icy
      mod
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Staff Post
    • TheImperfect
      TheImperfect
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I like the house but it would be really cool if you could set the sky in the home to 2 settings - normal and evergloam.
    • LunaFlora
      LunaFlora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      i am happy to finally have a house in Evergloam and i love the alinor architecture style.
      and liking altmeri lore doesn't mean you have to hate it.
      miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
      "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
      🦬🦌🐰
      PlayStation and PC EU.
      LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
      LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    • 16BitForestCat
      16BitForestCat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I was hoping for an Evergloam home that looked more like The Shadow Cleft delve (my favorite ESO location!) in Clockwork City: a dark setting in or near deepwoods, with twisted ancient trees and crumbling ruins, all with that beautiful Evergloam starfall sky. Somewhere we could build what we wanted, like Moon-Sugar Meadow or Coldharbour Surreal Estate.

I love the look of the Alinor houses and the look of the Evergloam, so I don't totally dislike the home. But the way it's all put together just doesn't call to me to buy it. It feels very...crowded, I guess. I know some of that's because I wanted an open building space with some trees and ruins to work with, but even if I ignore that, the house feels very crammed into the setting. I get that "Nirn home sucked into Oblivion" is kinda the theme, but I wish it didn't feel so claustrophobic under that open Evergloam sky.
      —PC/NA, never Steam—
      Getting lost in TESO Tamriel and beyond since Beta 2013!
      Alliance agnostic: all factions should chill the fetch out and party together.
      If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic and awful, remember: corruption starts from the top. And if you don't want me to call you out for being terrible, maybe you should consider not being terrible. ^^v
    • emilyhyoyeon
      emilyhyoyeon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Personally I would've been interested in a separate Evergloam style house as well. But it is what it is.
      IGN @ emilypumpkin
      Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
      Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
      Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
    • Araneae6537
      Araneae6537
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It’s an interesting combination of things. While I love the Alinor Crest Townhouse, I didn’t care for the layout of this house. I would love a different design, and in Summerset or Auridon, in a beautiful wooded glen, like Indrik Frolic, or even better, an empty plot and lots more Alinor architectural pieces and structural furnishings introduced so we can each design our ideal! :heart:

I also love the idea of houses (or plots!) in both the Evergloam and Spiral Skein (I need the spider doors, please!) but in both cases imagine something more gothic or otherworldly…
      Edited by Araneae6537 on October 27, 2023 5:17PM
    • TheNuminous1
      TheNuminous1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I bought it because I own all altmeri themed property.

But I HATE that it's in evergloam.

My headcanon is it's a small islet that nocturnal stole and stashed in clockwork. And I'm going to have it be my altmers secret "I'm a theif and no one knows it" hideout.

What better place to stash your loot then evergloam....i guess

Woulda preferred the house be in summerset alot. And I'm saddened by it not being.
    • Ajaxandriel
      Ajaxandriel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I like the house but it would be really cool if you could set the sky in the home to 2 settings - normal and evergloam.

Yes please

Just the possibility of setting the sunlight ambiance would be good!

Has anyone who bought it tested the Alkosh Hourglass? Does it set up the sun rays of the windows? (Are there any?)
    • MörKi
      MörKi
      ✭✭✭✭
      Hey guys, now that the house has been released, I noticed that it contained trees, hedges, bushes and vines exclusive to this house, neither in the crown store nor at an in-game merchant.

Is this intentional or will these furnishings still be available individually in the crown store later?

I would find it very annoying if these were not available individually as I was really looking forward to these trees.
    • Araneae6537
      Araneae6537
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes please

Just the possibility of setting the sunlight ambiance would be good!

Has anyone who bought it tested the Alkosh Hourglass? Does it set up the sun rays of the windows? (Are there any?)

I doubt it as the Alkosh hourglass has no effect in Hircine’s realm. Makes sense really as “time of day” has no meaning in the realms of Oblivion.
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      The Hourglass DOES have an effect in this house, but I haven't specifically looked at the windows from inside the house since I made it active.
      I'll try to remember to do so when I get back in-game.
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭

As an update to my post just above this one, I went in and tested the Hourglass from the inside of the house.

The windows do not project sun rays onto the floors at any time during the day, but you CAN see the quality of the light outside change through the windows as the day progresses.

Also, back outside the house, the shadows in the outdoor environment change positions depending on the time of day.
          PC/NA Warden Main
        • ThelerisTelvanni
          ThelerisTelvanni
          ✭✭✭
          Well I think an old aldmeri manor is a nice home for Noctunals plane. Yet it is sad that there are already so many furnishing slots used by the labyrinth. Also the garden outside the manor has so much stown floor and so little to no garden area. The hoese itself is fine just the one room under the roof feels a little smal. And to be honest I do not understand why this home was not placed upon the Summerset Isles! There was that forrest with the ancient ruins and Noctunal related reliefs. That forest is the perfect entrence for that home in my oppinion.

On the other hand I can also understand the disapointment, that this is not a nice aldmeri home on Tamriel inside Aldmeri Dominion teretory. Having a house like that placed on the Summerset Isles is also a dream for a lot of us. One that gets more distant with that house existing, since it might be to simular. A version with a better garden and less stony surroundings, might have been awsome for some aldmer vineyards. After all, we have those wine presses and other tools, that at least I have never used yet.

Well lets see what the hose will be used for and if the devs hear our need for a simular yet different home like this one.
        • SickleCider
          SickleCider
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭
          I have the opposite complaint. I really wanted a property in the Evergloam, but all the Aldmeri clutter has totally lost me. I wanted more space for flora, but it would be impossible to create a dense forest with all the stonework. The outside is needlessly grandiose and the inside of the cottage is very cramped. I requested an Evergloam property many times but this is just not it. :(
          ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
        • Ajaxandriel
          Ajaxandriel
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          I have the opposite complaint. I really wanted a property in the Evergloam, but all the Aldmeri clutter has totally lost me. I wanted more space for flora, but it would be impossible to create a dense forest with all the stonework. The outside is needlessly grandiose and the inside of the cottage is very cramped. I requested an Evergloam property many times but this is just not it. :(

This means having two estates, maybe less "huge", available in store would have satisfied both of us
          Edited by Ajaxandriel on November 2, 2023 9:25PM
        • SickleCider
          SickleCider
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭

This means having two estates, maybe less "huge", available in store would have satisfied both of us

Agreed. They keep doing these weird combinations of disparate themes in an effort to tick as many boxes as they can at the same time but it ends up disappointing people.
          ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
        • TheNuminous1
          TheNuminous1
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          I'm just shoving the whole place full of Culanda Stone lights to make a little light sphere. My beautiful Aldmeri estate sucked into evergloam 😭😭😭
        • PDarkBHood
          PDarkBHood
          ✭✭✭
          Really like the place. However, the invisible walls are the main draw back for me. They are way to close to the outer walkways. There are a few structures that would have been amazing to visit, including the ruins on the left side and back of the house, plus the top of the water falls. Please extend the invisible walls to include these areas.