The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Better furnishing plans for Grand Master Crafter?

subarctic
subarctic
✭✭✭✭
Just read somewhere that Grand Master Crafters have a better chance of finding higher quality furnishing plans. Is this true?

And can any type of plan drop in any zone in Tamriel?
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on October 25, 2023 6:12PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I've ever seen that claim about Grand Master Crafter, and I'm having a hard time finding it. Where did you see it?

There are many rumors out there that are either unproved or disproved but still circulate, like how the Eternal Servant's comet reportedly damages him if you drop it on him. (It does not.) I would be very interested to see any data on what provides better or more frequent furnishing plan drops, other than the Homemaker CP star.

It does seem to be the case that many DLC furnishings are specific to their DLC areas, so you will find Solitude patterns in Western Skyrim but not in Auridon, for example. Murkmire plans come from their respective area as well. I am not aware of a complete list of what's restricted to which area. I seem to recall getting base game patterns in DLC zones, so I think it's more about the exclusivity of DLC plans, which those with access to the respective areas can use or sell as a benefit to having the DLC.
    Options
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know i think its random, i have a vampire character and he's very lucky at finding purple furnishings from stealing, meanwhile my crafter has super good luck for golden tempers but horrible luck for recipes and furnishings.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
    Options
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hi all,

We went ahead and moved this thread to a category we think is more suitable for this topic, Crafting.

Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after spending countless hours and material and a metric ton of gold on motif pages --- i have come to the conclusion that being a grand master crafter ( for years now ) only gives you a title that says " grand master crafter ".

i pull better plans on my alt character while using azandar.

when i started this game i thought being a grand master crafter would make me gold by selling armor and weapons, etc. what it actually means is you will end up making armor sets for your guildies to level up.

i know i sound jaded and people will say its rng but my experience has been it doesnt do anything other than the title
    Options
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, unfortunately, ESO does not offer any deeper involvement into professions etc.
    You can be a Master Crafter - or you can ignore crafting. It does not matter, at all.
    I really wish they would do something about that.
    Options
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO is an unrewarding game (often) after you reach 1400 CP, very boring. Learning to use the Touch method when typing is a more rewarding experience. Overland combat is zzz, nothing to do in your houses, and becoming a grand master crafter is pointless. So what’s the purpose of playing ESO after you have reached 1400 cp?
    Options