The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Negate

HonestThumper
HonestThumper
✭✭
It would be nice to add alliance color to the negate. This would make it easier for combat in Cyrodiil. Something similar to what the the siege shield currently has.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I could be wrong about this, but don't hostile AOEs have at least a red line around the edge?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I could be wrong about this, but don't hostile AOEs have at least a red line around the edge?

It's not uncommon for those markers to not render.
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good recommendation - having it be akin to Siege Shield.

+1
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

The ones that damage enemies does. The one that heals allies does not
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not a great solution, but if you're on PC you can install the LUI addon and enable the crowd control tracker. One of the alerts it includes is for when you're standing in a bad negate.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negate should work on stamina skills to!
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

One morph stops mag abilities, one stops stam abilities.

The code to ensure it doesn't interact with core combat (block, dodge, sprint, etc.) is already there in passives such as unholy knowledge and CP such as survival instincts.

So it can be done and not become broken by affecting core combat.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »

One morph stops mag abilities, one stops stam abilities.

The code to ensure it doesn't interact with core combat (block, dodge, sprint, etc.) is already there in passives such as unholy knowledge and CP such as survival instincts.

So it can be done and not become broken by affecting core combat.

Also a good solution, but I believe that since ZOS has hybridized most of the skills and passives, the only fair approach to the topic is to treat both stamina and magicka skills equally. Nothing, like hybridization, has rendered Negate irrelevant. It used to be one of the most important skills in the game, where its proper use determined the outcome of entire battles. Now, it's an awkward field that you'd rather avoid, but in essence, having vigor + block will let you pass through it easily. Of course, as you mentioned, core combat abilities should be exempt from the effects of Negate.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge