Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Wall and windows: a nightmare

Demalb16_ESO
Demalb16_ESO
✭✭✭
The number of item you can put in a house are limited so why ZOS keep designing bad wall-window combo? The windows are too thin so they cannot be seen from both side of the wall and this result in having to craft doulble the windows occupying double the slots. In Necrom the windows are divided in 2 pieces to begin with... what a waste of space. A set of windows, doors and walls should be compatible at least with itself. I don't understand this huge miscalculation in functionality since housing is a big thing for a lot of palyer in eso. The only solution is using the floor pieces (the thin ones) as walls.
I dream the day I'll be able to see the windows from both side, is that too much to dream?

Also a furnishing bag (I'm tired to go around 5 different houses to search for things) and a Master furnishing crafting station where all the damn things are in one place!!!!
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I did a post similar to this some time ago and I'm sad that this thing is still not resolved. As I said before u can use the pieces used for the floor for the walls but if you use those you find yourself searching for suitable wall with doorway and there is none. Onestly this is one of the reason I stopped to pay for eso plus.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think you have to have windows in two pieces because the inside and the outside of the house are two different instances, for lack of a better word.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think you have to have windows in two pieces because the inside and the outside of the house are two different instances, for lack of a better word.

I like to build structures from zero so the outside and inside are in the same instance.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I like to build structures from zero so the outside and inside are in the same instance.

Oh right, in this case it would but there would also need to be two for adding to existing houses as well then.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alinor Greenhouse for windows, you build walls around it and you can have multiple "window panes"
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Alinor Greenhouse for windows, you build walls around it and you can have multiple "window panes"

I saw this solution... I find it horrible because it constrains you to have rooms of a certain dimension and this solution can be used only in walls that have holes for the windows (very few). I decided to try the high isle style since there are walls with holes and windows in wich to put them... so i decided to put together a copule of pieces to see how they fit: wa4roypa1ft4.png
    Really who design this things ???? the walls are too short to close the gap with the floor. I will find another platform to close the gap but really if I were ZOS I wuold be ashamed. For my point of view this is offensive for the players who like housing. There are peoples who really build masterpieces I'm sad to think how much better their buildin could be and how much easyer their work could be with adeguate support for ZOS. I spent 4000 crown on the windows set of the seven and those windows are useless. even floors are too thick to use them in a good way. And in the HIgh Hile set there is the brik wall that is really useless. it can't be matched with the other styles and it does not have other versions with doors or windows. Really useless
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use two items when I want windows I can see through, first and most obvious is the High Isle Window, Turquoise and secondly a bit less obvious Display Case, Specimen. Both of the images below are in self builds, sometimes you just have to build around the windows!

wXOvcvN.png

VRmgV55.png

The display cases work well with thicker walls but raise the number of items used fairly fast, which is annoying!
    Edited by freespirit on October 26, 2023 2:03PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!