The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Preview The Infinite Rewards Of The Infinite Archive"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
xzm54dy2nafz.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Preview The Infinite Rewards Of The Infinite Archive"

"Discover the unique in-game rewards you can earn during your expeditions into the Infinite Archive."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on December 17, 2023 10:06PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed my Endless Archive runs on PTS and was really looking forward to playing it on live too. But, as a Sorc main, the complete neglect of the utterly terrible and borderline unusable class set, despite all the constant feedback we gave from day 1, really killed a lot of the enthusiasm I had for this content.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed my Endless Archive runs on PTS and was really looking forward to playing it on live too. But, as a Sorc main, the complete neglect of the utterly terrible and borderline unusable class set, despite all the constant feedback we gave from day 1, really killed a lot of the enthusiasm I had for this content.

I hope the will add more class sets to each class in ea in other updates and that they saved the juicy ones for later. Like sometimes there are really good overland/craft sets etc but sometimes they are useless.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    I hope the will add more class sets to each class in ea in other updates and that they saved the juicy ones for later. Like sometimes there are really good overland/craft sets etc but sometimes they are useless.

While we don't have anything to confirm today, know that we will be supporting the Infinite Archive, just like all of our other systems. So more to come later!

Edited by ZOS_Kevin on December 17, 2023 10:06PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Nebs
    Nebs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are transmute crystals included in any of the rewards for the Endless Archive?

Are they given by Leaderboards rewards? Are they given from that daily quest mentioned?
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to us being able to buy treasure maps and leads with the new currency. I'm not sure how exactly it's going to work but this could remove a whole layer of RNG from antiquity motifs if it works right.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s too bad about the set, and the nerfs to sorc (because of all the nerf sorc threads I would always see? Idk), but the other rewards intrigue me, especially getting antiquity leads that allude me, so I’m looking forward to trying it out, and definitely will be on my sorc too. :)
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly for me the grouping tool is going to be way more useful than probably the rewards in EA. There is nothing worse in a game for not being rewarded for your time and there is just too much chance involved with ESO mostly for me I find I get nothing.

The class sets are such a good idea but they don't feel awesome to use! I main Templar and trying to get those stacks with sub par skills in that skill line is just not fun, I wanted these sets to be impactful for wearing them... I wanted to feel like a sun god, like a true light shining through to smite enemies but it just doesn't happen. In overland and easier content your never getting enough ticks so will never see it and in harder content those skills just dont do enough damage or provide utility to be worthwhile.

So yeah grouping tool for me, I remember asking about such a tool over 7 years ago and now we finally have it, top job to the team that did that, well done!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Grandsheba
    Grandsheba
    ✭✭✭
    My issues are the class sets, the DKs always get favored but the other classes get penalties for some reason.. I don't get the balance there.

The necromancer one doesn't offer anything the necromancer can't already do and doesn't bring anything. Ew to the necromancer to even bother using it. Unlike skill line sets that create amazing bonuses.

This change utilizes a feature already in the game but keeps to the strategic theme of the necromancer play style.

Nobility in Decay

(2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (3 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (5 items) Casting a corpse consumer ability grants you Beautiful Corpse giving you, Minor Protection, and Minor Resolve for 16 seconds, reducing your damage taken by 5% and increasing your Armor by 2974. This can occur once every 20 seconds, and is reduced by 2 seconds for each slotted Bone Tyrant ability. 

When casting a corpse consumer ability, the bone shards will grow over each consumed corpse, creating a 6m shadowy mist. And when someone stands in that mist's radius, it explodes for 20x your current ultimate once every 20 seconds.

(Does not consume ultimate.)

I feel all class sets should focus on the play style of the class. Especially the night blade one as well. The wording could also be better.
    "The Tower touches all the mantles of Heaven and by its apex one can be as he will. Be as he was and yet changed for all else on that path for those that walk after. This is [CHIM] the secret of how mortals become makers, and makers back to mortals."