Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Items in my inventory have been changed to other items

goatlyonesub17_ESO
goatlyonesub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
My main character had been equipped for stealth, wearing five pieces of Night Mother's Embrace, and three pieces of Night Terror.

Some of the Night Mother's Embrace equipment was transformed into Phoenix Moth set armor, including a cuirass and a girdle. I know that the girdle was transformed, and not merely replaced, because it still has the swirl mark on its description that indicates that its trait was transmuted.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 8, 2023 5:14PM
"Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
"Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
"I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
"A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
"Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
"Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you double-checked which server you logged into? PTS versus PC NA versus PC EU? Sometimes players will log into a different server than they'd intended and get confused by things not being as expected on their character(s). I can always tell PC NA from PC EU because my characters are totally different, but accidentally logging into the PTS is another matter. What I've noticed is that the game's launcher may auto-select (or give focus to) the PTS as the selected server if the PTS has an update that gets downloaded and applied when the launcher is opened, especially if there's no such update for the live server, so clicking the Play button after the update finishes will log you into the PTS rather than the live server.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a list of changes to items in my inventory. There were three of them (that I've discovered so far).

A Jack of Night Mother's Embrace was transformed into a Phoenix Moth Cuirass (quality: legendary, trait well-fitted, enchantment stamina)

A Belt of Night Mother's Embrace was transformed into a Phoenix Moth Belt (quality legendary, trait well-fitted (transformed), enchantment stamina)

A Guards of Night Mother's Embrace was transformed into a Phoenix Moth Guards (quality legendary, trait well-fitted (transformed), enchantment stamina)
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played on the NA server for the first few years of ESO. But I switched to the EU server a long time ago, and I haven't played on NA for years. Also, I've never intentionally acquired any Phoenix Moth set items, and I certainly never improved them to legendary quality or transformed their traits. No, this is outright set switcher-rooery.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the character in question (at the moment) is Rissa Manyclaws, my most experienced and quested character, which I play on the EU server.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd just buy replacements for these items, except
    The guild stores seem to have been emptied out recently, and they haven't had time to restock since the update.
    The cost of improving clothing items to legendary is high.
    The cost of transmuting traits in the event that the original trait isn't the desired one is also high.
    So I guess that I'm out of the sneaking-around business for a good long while.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on the correct (expected) server, the only two possibilities I can think of are (1) someone else gained access to your account and tinkered with it-- which, if that happened, you'd probably notice right away because it would be highly likely that all of your Crowns, Crown Gems, and Seals of Endeavor would have been used up to buy gifts for some other account, not to mention all of your gold and valuable inventory items being mailed to some other account-- or (2) maybe it's possible that you somehow equipped or transformed some gear without meaning to when you had UI problems caused by Gamepad mode and Accessibility mode being activated, and were perhaps pressing keys and clicking around on different things trying to figure out what was going on with that?
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on October 16, 2023 9:55PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a family member play on your account? Might want to ask them.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Have you placed a ticket in for this yet? Either way we can escalate, but if there is ticket, we can make note of this in our escalation.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I live alone, and I'm almost always at home, so nobody else accessed my account from my computer.

I do still have my crowns and crown gems. I still have 25+ million gold in the bank. Nobody stole anything from me.

After I fixed the problem with the UI, I noticed that three of my Night Mother's Embrace items had been transformed to Phonenix Moth set items. They still have the same traits (two of them with the correct transmuted traits) and the same enchantments. All three are still at Legendary quality. But they've been altered from Night Mother's Embrace to Phoenix Moth. As far as I can tell, there were no other changes. But that change is a killer for my sneaky set.

Hold on, I'll make a ticket about it. Here's a screenshot, uploaded to my LiveJournal account.

165345_900.jpg

I have ticketed all three items.

Edited by goatlyonesub17_ESO on October 17, 2023 1:00AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @goatlyonesub17_ESO

You are welcome to share your ticket number here if you need any updates.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oops. I forgot to write them down. Is there a way I can find those numbers?
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a ticket number for all three of the altered items:
    231019-000134

Here are the ticket numbers for the individual items:
    For the Jack of Mother's Embrace that was transformed into a Phoenix Moth Jack: 231016-006530
    For the Guards of Mother's Embrace that was transformed into a Phoenix Moth Guards: 231016-006524
    For the Belt of Mother's Embrace that was transformed into a Phoenix Moth Belt: 231016-006494

I'd like for each of these items to be returned to Mother's Embrace set items, with no changes to quality, trait, or enchantment. They're all LEGENDARY (gold) quality, all well-fitted trait, all stamina buff enchantment.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @goatlyonesub17_ESO

Thank you for your ticket numbers. Please check your forum inbox for the latest information.
    Staff Post
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ESO customer service team asked me to send them screenshots of the three altered items, and I just now did that.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @goatlyonesub17_ESO

Thanks for sending in the requested screenshots. Support will respond back once they've finished investigating.
    Staff Post
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No response from support since my last message here.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have made other arrangements, replacing some items with others. I no longer need help from customer service. I have asked that the ticket be closed.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I even found a way to use the Phoenix Moth items in a stealthy set.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP has found a resolution for this issue, we've decided to go ahead and close this thread going forward.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.