Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is there a secure mechanic for buying crowns (gifts) with ingame gold?

subarctic
subarctic
✭✭✭✭
And how much do 1k crowns cost now? 2 million gold?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 16, 2023 2:58AM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    no.
    and the amount of gold someone wants for gifting you crown store items varies per person, per server, and per platform.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There’s big crown discords that have brokers you can pay (with gold) that will hold your gold until you get your gift. That’s the closest you’ll get to secure
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s no official mechanic for it. You can make arrangements for someone to gift you crown store items, and in a show of appreciation for the gift you send them gold.

PC has Tamriel Crown Exchange discord which has verified traders, uses brokers, and guarantees the transactions. I don’t know if they do other platforms or not. Current exchange rate is 1800:1

Also most officers of large trade guilds will broker transactions between members.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, tnx for info! :)
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's crown store related.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this game doesnt have an official trade because while its not against the ToS to trade crowns for gold, its also not officially supported by zos so they wont make a "secure" way to trade crowns and gold like other games have (at least as of right now)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities