Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Give necromancers a Major Brutality/Sorcery buff (Suggestion)

arch1t3ct
arch1t3ct
✭✭✭
Necromancer is the only class that is missing the most crucial buff - Major Brutality/Sorcery (as well as many other essential buffs and debuffs). This might not be a big problem for group play, but in PVP and solo content it makes necromancer noticeably underperform compared to all other classes.

My suggestion is to make Skeletal Mage provide Major Brutality/Sorcery whenever that skill is active. At least the stamina morph (Skeletal Archer). This will do 3 things:
  • Encourage the intended necromancer playstyle of having an army of "undead minions" around you.
  • Generate more corpses = corpse collecting system becomes more viable. (Would be really helpful in PVP or particular solo content where are not many mob's corpses are laying around)
  • Make use of an underperforming skill that players rarely use (stamina morph at least) (especially in PVP and solo)

I believe this would be a small and reasonable change that won't affect the overall balance, but make a life for necromancers a little bit easier and more class identified.
Edited by arch1t3ct on October 15, 2023 9:53AM
  • arch1t3ct
    arch1t3ct
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please hear us, necromancers. It's been the worst pvp class for too long
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    necro needs help! please!
    Edited by SandandStars on October 15, 2023 6:39PM
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hate to burst your bubble, but there's been 5+ posts requesting this the past 2 years.

If ZOS was going to do it, they would have done it by now.
  • auracite
    auracite
    buff necro
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major Brutality/Sorcery should be available to every class. Easy, reliable and without conditions, not like Nightblades or Templars.
    That being said, I do not think that putting such important buffs on a criminal ability is a good idea.

Actually, it is pretty difficult to find an ability to put the buffs on, that is well suited. You can't make it a criminal act. You can't make it dependent on corpse consumption. And just slamming it on any healing or crowd control ability would be more of a hindrance than a boon, as slotting the ability would be a requirement and be using up precious barspace.

I think it is better to put it on Mystic Siphon, instead of the 3% damage done bonus. And have it active on both bars, like it is with the treaty abilities of the Arcanist. This way Detonating Siphon can still be the damage morph and Mystic Siphon has much better utility.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on October 25, 2023 6:43AM
    If anyone here says: OH! But, PVP! I swear I'll ...

Thank you for the valuable input and respectfully recommend to discuss that aspect of ESO on the PVP forum.
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love if they put the buff on the skeletal mage, but the class needs more than just major brutality/sorcery to be competitive again.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancer has access to Major Brutality/Sorcery with Entropy, sets like Dreugh King, Rally etc and the abilities are still broken. It just needs more.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here are my suggestions, easier things to do since a complete overhaul might be a lot.

1. Make it so those who get hit by blastbones also get a DoT on them. Magicka morph is flame and stamina is disease
    2. Animating Blastbones ultimate puts heal absorb on enemies in the area as well
    3. Either morph of grave grasp, put a DoT on enemies who get hit by any of the circles.
    4. Fix fear totem so it actually fears after 2 seconds.