Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

WTF... JUST WTF.....

oomaplestoryoo
Title says it all.
WTF.jpg 126.7K
  • aidevelopmentb16_ESO
    Hast du nicht Deutsch gesprechen?!

Yeah, they need translators. That was surprising.
    @CatoTheElder
    Moon Sugar Traders Inc - GM
    Guild Website
  • Stoob
    Stoob
    ✭✭
    I never pay attention to them and just click the title of the type of discussion I want.
    An Eye For An Eye, Leaves The Whole World Blind.
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Its called poor forum design, plain and simple.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title says it all.
    It's writing not in English .. you may be unaware but many people in the world don't speak English.

Just click the link you CAN read and stop moaning.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 2, 2014 7:10AM
  • PhamTrinli
    PhamTrinli
    ✭✭✭
  • Narrator
    Narrator
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to be able to see the forums in English only. With that said I'm sure ZOS is working on it.
  • SpasticSpringbok
    just click on the title of each one and it'll take you to another page where you can select the english posts...
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a native English speaker, but OP's attitude perfectly sums up the arrogance and self-centered attitude of some English-speakers.

Why should we assume that our language must be preeminent in every media form and forum? Yes English speakers will form the biggest proportion of the ESO community, but does that mean other users should be pushed to the corner?

I am not saying the forum is perfectly set up. (Ideally they should ask you to choose a language, and then you will only see content relating to your language.) But it certainly does not deserve such a reaction.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I agree. They have to do something about the forum design. It is really bad. I dread even coming here to look for a good discussion or to post feedback. After 5 minutes with this layout, I usually have a head ache and a mean disposition and go kick the dog afterwards.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • PhamTrinli
    PhamTrinli
    ✭✭✭
    Heindrich wrote: »
    I am a native English speaker, but OP's attitude perfectly sums up the arrogance and self-centered attitude of some English-speakers.

Why should we assume that our language must be preeminent in every media form and forum? Yes English speakers will form the biggest proportion of the ESO community, but does that mean other users should be pushed to the corner?

I am not saying the forum is perfectly set up. (Ideally they should ask you to choose a language, and then you will only see content relating to your language.) But it certainly does not deserve such a reaction.

He's not asking for PREEMINANCE and he's not being arrogant. He expects to see english when he selects english as the language for the forums. We should all expect to see stuff in our own language when we select it. And furthermore, some sites don't even require you to select anything. They automatically detect your language and set the forums accordingly. But no one is even asking for that. All we want is for German people to see it in German, for English people to see it in English, for French people to see it in French - all EQUALLY. Don't even try to use this as a soapbox for your racial bigotry.
    Edited by PhamTrinli on April 2, 2014 7:22AM
  • melpro2012_ESO
    So and your point is .. title is english and its in other languages that's in the boxes that people that are from other countries know to look in that section.
  • Sojan
    Sojan
    ✭✭
    I think, with a little patience, everything will turnout alright. Happy gaming.....
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Title says it all.
    It's writing not in English .. you may be unaware but many people in the world don't speak English.

In fact MOST people in the world don't speak English at all. Even if they can they probably can't read it.

The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • joshweps
    joshweps
    ✭✭✭
    Title says it all.

blasphemy

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narrator wrote: »
    I would love to be able to see the forums in English only. With that said I'm sure ZOS is working on it.

i agree

• PhamTrinli
    PhamTrinli
    ✭✭✭
    Title says it all.

In fact MOST people in the world don't speak English at all. Even if they can they probably can't read it.

While strictly true, I don't really see what that has to do with anything. No one's asking for english-default-for-everyone or only-english, with no other options - or anything like that.

I do find it interesting that so many people seem to get offended or defensive when someone asks for themselves to be able to view everything in english - which doesn't affect that other person who is objecting to this proposed/desired change - at all.
    Edited by PhamTrinli on April 2, 2014 7:35AM
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really have an issue with the forum links being translated, perhaps ZOS just dislikes separating people? Making everyone feel as they're part of the same community? I don't have a problem with this, and it hasn't affected my ability to navigate the forums in the slightest.
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    Ermm...yea this is the first thing I notice when I visit this forum. Also, the login first before being able to choose language doesn't seem to work either...
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Lascoux
    Lascoux
    This design is BROKEN at best and HORRIBLE coding practice at worst. Neither options are good.
  • Louis
    Louis
    ✭✭✭
    They have better things to fix like game bugs.
    alot of people look at this signature, i guess youre one of them.
  • PhamTrinli
    PhamTrinli
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they have a separate team for each function so that work on one does not take away from work on the other.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP don't be such an anglo.... click what you understand, noob
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    It's not broken actually. If you click the title rather than the other language posts, you'll find that there's english titled threads specifically for the EN readers. It's mixing up the posts in time that they were made and left that way, and since we are sharing the site with EU, and a few other language apt population, we are seeing their specific threads in the categories as is. As a forum owner, I get what the issue is, but it's not a functional problem. A user can easily work around it, if they just stop whining and try.
    Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum is still being heavily developed it seems, but there have been many changes recently. I'm sure they'll sort it soon.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    god forbid any English people learn something
    ..like they're not the centre of the universe
    A large yellow rectangle

• Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    LOL @ WTF.jpg
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • oomaplestoryoo
    Title says it all.

To be honest, English is not my first language but I prefer the forum to be in english.
    Secondly, for EU server, they should have a separate forum so they can speak whatever they want in their own language, but keep the main forum as english.

I don't know about anyone else but personally I feel annoyed when I can't even see any posts in english.
    Edited by oomaplestoryoo on April 2, 2014 8:08AM
  • Cabot
    Cabot
    ✭✭✭
    Every header in the OP's was in English, and in Large type, the French and German secondary links were in very much smaller sized print.

Either the title of the OP "doesn't" say it all, or maybe it really does, just not what the OP thinks it does.
  • Chaleria
    Chaleria
    ✭✭
    "WTF its not in Enlgish! I can't understand!" :o
    This is funny... the foreign sub-headers say the same thing as the English header. Just follow the English and you'll be fine. If you have trouble, Google is only a click away.
  • Rantog
    Rantog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that the IQWhat? members have had their say
    I direct their attention to the top of the screen...

In the black area...

Where the letters indicating the Language You Already Selected are shown...

Not only are the forum categories poorly planned, but to have us Select the language to use then ignore it completely, is Sloppy and Unprofessional.

Now please do, go on explaining how so many people don't understand or use English - and I do hope it makes you feel somehow educated and globally conscious. .. even if it does make you look pretty simple for not realizing Why it was being pointed out.