The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade rotation

Hilgara
Hilgara
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi
I’m using a rotation that includes Ambush ->Shadowy Disguise->Surprise Attack
Surprise Attack gives 25 damage from stealth. Shadowy Disguise gives 100% crit raising the damage to 50 and Ambush gives 36% damage increase on the Surprise Attack which should give 68 damage right? Or does the Ambush only boost the base damage of Surprise attack?
Edited by Hilgara on April 2, 2014 6:44AM
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Critical hits are based on the base damage and is applied before the sneak attack damage so your sneak damage won't be multiplied.

Also note that a 100% crit chance doesn't mean a guaranteed critical hit. If for instance, you have a 3% chance of critting, using a feat with a 100% crit chance increase will give you a 6% chance to crit.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so if i have 0% spell crit then none of the class skills that increase crit rating by a percentage actually do anything?
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    Critical hits are based on the base damage and is applied before the sneak attack damage so your sneak damage won't be multiplied.

Also note that a 100% crit chance doesn't mean a guaranteed critical hit. If for instance, you have a 3% chance of critting, using a feat with a 100% crit chance increase will give you a 6% chance to crit.
    I really think it is absolutely *** if it works like this. The shadow cloak says it grants 100% critical strike chance for the duration of 2.5 sec. It doesn't "say increase by 100%". I say its just not working as intended.

• shinkicker444rwb17_ESO
    Um, are you sure Baphomet? Cause that means my UI is lying to me.

3c2mumF.jpg

ch9FH0U.jpg
  • Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »

That's not correct. Beta testers have confirmed 100% crit rates with it and it actually updates the crit chance on your character sheet while stealthed. I think it's more of an issue of Strife breaking stealth before it hits.
  • RockmSockm
    Testing from beta shows stealth attack boosts damage but do not crit.