Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Nightblade Archer?

• Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    orablast wrote: »
    I consider NB archers very potent. You should really start to feel powerful by level 10. I normally use a rotation for long fights on pre lvl 10 quest bosses

1. Start from stealth using full power shot by holding the left mouse button.
    2. Immediately release Poison Arrow, there are no cooldowns, so spam away.
    3. Shadow Cloak to go stealth 2.5 seconds. This will make the boss stop in their tracks and will give you enough time for another power shot, followed by poison arrow.
    4. Use scatter shot to knock back, or continue to use Shadow clock if you have not picked up scatter shot, yet.
    5. Rinse and repeat until close to death.
    6. Assassins Blade to finish them off.

I find with this method I will use Stamina and Magic evenly, so I do not feel like I am running out of either too soon. In most fights I am never touched, but if you do take damage, then using Strife and Heal potions will help greatly.

Also, don't forgot that you can still block attacks with your bow using the right mouse button and interrupt the power attacks with both mouse buttons. This will often stun the boss long enough for another power attack.

This is pretty much what I did 1-50 other than using Scatter Shot. I changed Assassins blade for Killers blade to get the health boost for finishing hits. Hence why I removed scatter shot, by the time targets got to me I wanted them there. I used health funnel instead. To counter any damage I got from being close to the enemy.

So:
    1. Start from stealth using full power shot.
    2. Immediately release Poison Arrow, followed by Funnel Health.
    3. Shadow Cloak to go into stealth for 2.5 seconds. This will make the boss stop in their tracks and will give you enough time for another power shot, followed by poison arrow and Funnel Health.
    4. Siphoning Attacks can be useful with this build. (In my case, it allows me to put my points into health rather than Stamina/Mana which is better for mt 2H weapon in slot one)
    5. Rinse and repeat until close to death.
    6. Killers Blade to finish them off.

I have changed it all now because it wasn't that great for PVP but for levelling it was great and like @orablast said, nothing gets close. Also it's a really fun stealthy way to play.
    Options
  • Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    wait till you start figuring out how oddly snipe works. getting stuck in firing when mobs are too close. mobs resetting due to distance. not getting credit for 1shot kills.
    Options
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait till you start figuring out how oddly snipe works. getting stuck in firing when mobs are too close. mobs resetting due to distance. not getting credit for 1shot kills.

Aye, I was really excited to get snipe after waiting for what seemed like forever to get it. It was on my bar for less than 10 mins. Really poor skill, needs a change imo.

Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ Agreed. I was so excited for snipe, and it was a waste of a skill point. My 2 cents on the topic: I am a VR6 Nightblade, focusing mostly on PVE. I primarily use Dual Wield Daggers, and I do a lot of Single Target DPS. I have gone back and forth between Bows and Rest. Staff for my second weapon. My bow is around 45 and my Rest. Staff is around 30. I am far more effective Solo and in groups with the Rest. Staff as my backup. I am finding that Nightblades make surprisingly good Healers and very average Archers.

I like my bow when playing/grinding in large groups because I can hit lots of targets for XP, but if it is life or death, daggers and staff please.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on June 17, 2014 9:29PM
    Options
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Snipe isn't that bad of a skill for PvP. It's bad in PvE though because it's not worth using except as an opener and at the point it's not worth the slot.

In PvP I open up with it all the time or use it during sieges or use it during stand offs. It has tons of uses there. I've picked off many people trying to run with low health. It's also great when morphed to reduce healing so people can get blasted down easier. Coordinate your shots with 2 other archers and I'm pretty sure you can insta kill someone since while it's in the air you can use another ability. I usually Snipe > Piercing Mark > Light Attack > Venom and that does a good chunk of damage before they even realize they have been hit and they are stunned when used from stealth.
    Options
  • williams226
    williams226
    ✭✭
    I started out a NB archer, but I restarted as a NB Bloodmage type spec.

My archer is still level 24 but as my bloodmage is VR now I was thinking levelling archer again.

Some points if anyone still levelling:

Shadow passive from stealth gives armour/spell resist so always start from stealth even if you are infront and not from side/behind as you still gain the benefit.

World magic soul strike is ranged ultimate, which as NB lacks a proper ranged ultimate this seems like a great option to have on your bow bar.
    Options