Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)

Does anyone else hate Runemaster's Acropolis as much as I do?

ellmarie
ellmarie
✭✭✭
Runemaster Xiomara...wth? When there's a lot of people in there, he'll go down swiftly, but otherwise, those mechanics! My Magplar, who NEVER dies, seems to always get wiped. I'm out of the way, I hit the crystals, and I even died trying to jab a watcher in there. Talk about a npc with powers out of control. I just don't like this one at all. Probably unpopular opinion.
Xbox X- NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    the 2 key mechanics that you have to pay attention to for him that deal a lot of dmg
    1. the crystals, if you dont kill the crystals they scale up in dmg and will eventually wipe everyone (as soon as those come up you need to destroy the 2 protection crystals and then the main crystal, shouldnt be hard cause they are not high hp)
    2. the other mechanic that gets people is the book, he spawns green books (basically identical to the mechanic from first boss scriveners hall), people need to be standing in the circle of those books before they explode otherwise they do a lot of dmg

i think the worst necrom WB is probably the prime cataloger because of 2 invuln phases where you have to kill clones which have their own invuln phases
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    the 2 key mechanics that you have to pay attention to for him that deal a lot of dmg
    1. the crystals, if you dont kill the crystals they scale up in dmg and will eventually wipe everyone (as soon as those come up you need to destroy the 2 protection crystals and then the main crystal, shouldnt be hard cause they are not high hp)
    2. the other mechanic that gets people is the book, he spawns green books (basically identical to the mechanic from first boss scriveners hall), people need to be standing in the circle of those books before they explode otherwise they do a lot of dmg

i think the worst necrom WB is probably the prime cataloger because of 2 invuln phases where you have to kill clones which have their own invuln phases

Yeah, it's those books. Somehow I miss seeing what he's doing, graphics wise. And I don't like the prime cataloger either. lol
    Xbox X- NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »

Yeah, it's those books. Somehow I miss seeing what he's doing, graphics wise. And I don't like the prime cataloger either. lol

for the book mechanic, after he teleports, he creates 2 green books near him that make a whirring noise before they explode

players need to be within the green circle of those books to "absorb" it so it does not explode (1 player per book), 1 exploding book is less of a problem though it will still hurt, while 2 exploding books will likely kill any non-tank
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also a mechanic when he shoots out green attacks that needs to be interrupted. Lots of players on Xbox dying to this mech. LB +RB will bash the enemy and stop the attack.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And they are far away from each other. Worst design ever.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree. On a melee toon you basically spend most of time running back an forth instead of doing damage.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive found that if you stay close to him and constantly hit and interrupt he goes down a lot easier .

but agreed --- hate that guy
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't like it either and every time I get this daily... sigh.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

for the book mechanic, after he teleports, he creates 2 green books near him that make a whirring noise before they explode

players need to be within the green circle of those books to "absorb" it so it does not explode (1 player per book), 1 exploding book is less of a problem though it will still hurt, while 2 exploding books will likely kill any non-tank

Oooh thank you for explaining this... Had an entire 12 person group wipe to this during a guild run and no one actually knew how the mech worked! I've just been holding block whenever I see two books spinning up, which works... but I knew that couldn't actually be the ideal way to deal with the mech, lol.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found Necrom WBs to be obnoxious. To me, invulnerability mechanics show a lack of creativity and are very annoying. Xiomara isn't the most insufferable of the bosses in terms of mechanics, though his oversized smugness leaves me with a feeling of satisfaction whenever he goes down. I hold particular contempt for Valkynaz Derp, though. He isn't hard per se, but unless a lot of people are fighting him, he spends more time invulnerable than not.

What I don't understand about the Runemaster is why they named him after the president of Honduras...
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the Walking Nightmare and the lurcher. Well, if I'm honest, I hate all of them except Corlys the Chainmaker, but Walking Nightmare is the worst of them.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agree. On a melee toon you basically spend most of time running back an forth instead of doing damage.

Yes, then you are the only one to try to destroy the crystals because everyone else is focused on the boss, and your stamina is low, so you completely run out and are heavy attacking, and it’s a wipe.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ElderSmitter
    ElderSmitter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very Easy Boss. 1.) Eat a higher Health food before starting. 2.) When you see a synergy above your head kill the books following you. 3.) When you hear the ear-piercing noise stand in the pool of poison near boss like Scrivener Hall 1st boss. 4. When crystals light up kill the 2 small ones first then the big one. rinse repeat boss dead. edit for templar tip. If you hear the ear-piercing noise and cannot get to poison circles use a Restoring light ability asap and hold block you will mitigate an additional 10% of the incoming damage and survive.
    Edited by ElderSmitter on October 7, 2023 3:07AM
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least this boss only has one invulnerability phase that is easily ended.

The Prime Cataloguer takes it to the next level - as mentioned earlier in the thread - by having invulnerability phases within invulnerability phases.

During the event is not that bad but once player numbers dwindle gl because is an absolute slog to solo.
  • Trier_Sero
    Trier_Sero
    ✭✭✭
    Grand librarian, or whatever he's called in english, and walking nightmare are the worst for me. Runemaster goes down quickly if you know his mechanics.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both are bad, but the Prime Cataloguer is way worse. However, the Runemaster does make up for it by tying a lead to the Amulet to killing him so you have to run him more often. Yippee!

But, overall, I'd rather have difficult world bosses than the original world bosses. Any decent arcanist can melt the originals
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate Prime Cataloger and that lurker WB who's name I forget (Vok something?) so much because of how wildly melee unfriendly they are. Not that they are much better ranged but they are miserable in melee.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love Runemaster when he wipes the crowd. Bout time he got some payback.
    So boring to nuke him in 5 sec. Wich is easy once you know hthe mechs :D
    PC
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

I hate Prime Cataloger and that lurker WB who's name I forget (Vok something?) so much because of how wildly melee unfriendly they are. Not that they are much better ranged but they are miserable in melee.

Vro-Kuul-Sha the Deepreaver

Still haven't figured out what one is supposed to do when it does the mechanic of punching the floor causing AoEs to sprout everywhere.

Other than trying to outbarrier/outheal it that is.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both are bad, but the Prime Cataloguer is way worse. However, the Runemaster does make up for it by tying a lead to the Amulet to killing him so you have to run him more often. Yippee!

But, overall, I'd rather have difficult world bosses than the original world bosses. Any decent arcanist can melt the originals

the prime cataloguer also has a lead tied to it, i think for the music box lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

the prime cataloguer also has a lead tied to it, i think for the music box lol

Ugh, you're right. At least I don't need the music box to make my Arcanist melt faces. :)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When people ignore the crystals or the bash it's not a pleasant fight for sure, but from all the new WBs, the ones I like the least are the Walking Nightmare (who seems to ignore companion tank taunt, on top of all its hard hitting mechanics and added trash mobs), and Vro-Kuul-Sha just because the AoEs do so much damage, one toe stepped in and you're gone.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    I'm inclined to agree now on the Prime Cataloger now. I've been trying to level up Sharp doing boss dailies and 3x I've gotten him this past few days. No way my Magcro can do it without a bunch of help.
    Xbox X- NA