The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best DK build

Grover08
Grover08
Soul Shriven
I am playing a nord DK and trying to find the best build for it. not sure if i will be tanking or dps yet. kinda balanced atm to survive solo play till i find a guild. let me see your builds!
"Peace and Safety"
  • Strakand
    Strakand
    ✭✭✭
    I have been gearing up for something like this: http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-skill-calculator/dragonknight/?asb=1306

I am playing a Khajit though, so the 2h bar with stam skills is working well for me. I also have been making sure to have a skill from each DK tree on my bar while I am at low levels.
  • Grover08
    Grover08
    Soul Shriven
    yea im split between 2h and 1hs
    "Peace and Safety"
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With one-handed + shield you can both tanks and dps. Note that tanking is this game is done by blocking and CCs, and this is where the DK shines. Use searing strike and lava whip for dps, dark talons for CC and green dragonblood for sustain.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Darastix
    Darastix
    ✭✭✭
    i personaly find the best build to be one i like to use, and isnt expected by the enemy. these cookie cutter builds that are considered the must have for a given class, may very well be a better build from a min/max standpoint.

however, those builds are expected by the enemy and are likely met with a predetermend responce, while a custom build not broadcasted to the masses can often turn the tide of battle due to catching your enemy off guard.

so the best build is one your good at.
  • aaneshub_ESO
    with this build where are you putting most of your point in magicka health or stamima that's the part that confuses me erdent line is magic sword and shield is stamina
  • elorei
    elorei
    ✭✭✭
    Best DK build?

Fire staff and resto staff, magicka build.

Kill anyone, and survive it.
  • Grover08
    Grover08
    Soul Shriven
    Darastix wrote: »
    i personaly find the best build to be one i like to use, and isnt expected by the enemy. these cookie cutter builds that are considered the must have for a given class, may very well be a better build from a min/max standpoint.

however, those builds are expected by the enemy and are likely met with a predetermend responce, while a custom build not broadcasted to the masses can often turn the tide of battle due to catching your enemy off guard.

Ya i totally get it and probably what i will do in a form. just want things to generate the ideas

"Peace and Safety"
  • Hak
    Hak
    I didn't play in the betas, but tried to design a character that could tank and do dps in PVE, but most importantly be good for PVP.

I went Bow and 1H/Shield on a DK. Works great at lvl 22 for PVE; I can range down most things easily, but when I'm overwhelmed or trying to kill a boss I switch to IH/Shield which gives me fantastic survivability. Only run 1 dungeon so far, and my inexperience was the limiting factor there.
  • garrodben_ESO
    Planning trying a tanky build with:

1 Shield Charge (1H+S)
    2 Puncture (1H+S)
    3 Low Slash (1H+S)
    4 Dragon Blood (DK)
    5 Inhale (DK)
    U Magma Armor (DK)
  • Dday5689
    Dday5689
    I'm playing dunmer dual wield. With fire destruction staff in swap. It's in the making and there are a few kinks I need to iron out. But the balance between stamina and magicka make my moves endless and if I start taking too many hits I can quick swap to knock them back with the staff then continue to dps from range.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no 'best' DK build. There are good DK builds, but there is not best since different builds are created for different functions.
    For instance I can't say which is 'best' out of my DK tanking and DPS build since they are both for different roles.
    And I couldn't say which is best out of my fire focused DK and my weapon damage focused DK as the weapon focused dragonknight would do better against targets with low armour, but my fire focused DK would do better against targets with low spell resistance.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    elorei wrote: »
    Best DK build?

http://esobuild.com/?IwbgDCAsCsIMzAHTLgIxNA7ALkogTAIZgBmAxtgosGHoYQBzGL1OrZL0X4thxj4OicvEgBOfDB4IGqaMB7AAbIXz4AJkmgqwZBkqAA==
  • Grover08
    Grover08
    Soul Shriven
    right there is no "Best build" but its a figure of speech. thanks for the suggestions everyone. keep them coming too.
    "Peace and Safety"
  • cliwatb14_ESO
    cliwatb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    elorei wrote: »
    Best DK build?

Not really a DK build though is it ...more Sorc.

• Dyabolikal
    Dyabolikal
    ✭✭
    if you are playing pve then and want to walk through most of your game safe

Invasion
    razor armour
    moten whip
    fossilize
    and power slam

You use 5 light and 2 heavy to get the passives and stun lock everything. I have only found a dozen things that cant be stun locked.

when you need aoe equip a destructo staff

burning talons
    magelight
    green dragon blood
    impulse
    volcanic rune

When tanking replace moten whip with searing strikes and use inner beast as your taunt instead of using power slam, remember to use razor armour as it will always keep you above the soft cap for armour value.

that will keep you going for a while if you play PvE
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darastix wrote: »

Got to love the metagame