The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Necrom Chapter nominated for Best Game Expansion by the Golden Joystick Awards!

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
We’re honored to have The Elder Scrolls Online: Necrom Chapter nominated for Best Game Expansion by the Golden Joystick Awards! Thanks to all of you who have taken a trip to Apocrypha so far!

👁️ Place your vote for the #GoldenJoystickAwards here: https://beth.games/3Q2l9K1
vbt09hwcaaf2.png
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on October 23, 2023 8:06PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats 😀👍
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Kevin! Great to hear!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already voted for ESO.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tornaad wrote: »
    I've already voted for ESO.

So did I. Because I don't play (or have any interest in playing) any of those other games....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necrom is the most fun I've had in ESO in a while. Really excellent character work from the writing team.
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congratulations and well-deserved!
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The page dies at "submit answers" lol.
    Options
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! I voted for ESO :)
    Options
  • alay_NB
    alay_NB
    True, this is a good expansion. But I liked the previous ones too. :smile:
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a well-deserved nomination for a well-developed expansion overall.

Got my vote already.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I voted. Page got weird at the end.
    Options
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    well-deserved nomination, unquestionably my favorite
    Options
  • BigMakatak
    BigMakatak
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing 2023 was a very dry year for video-game expansion-packs, if necrom got nominated.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. That is one poorly optimized website. I almost gave up several times.

Good luck to zeni and all of the Bethsoft teams.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with Phantom Liberty being the competitor in this nomination, despite having 16k+ hours in ESO it's not even a close one.
    Options
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Super niche comment coming up:

The fact that JoyStick Game Awards have a Category for Hardware and the Maxwell Auduze Headphones were not nominated but Turtle pro were... tells me all I need to know about these game awards....

Setting that aside, Necrom's nomination implies it has a challenging path to victory in its category. I'm not familiar with any other games in that specific category, so CD Projekt Red might have a strong chance to secure another win, especially considering their recent successful unionization —an accomplishment that, in my opinion and likely that of their employees, is a significant triumph amidst all these awards.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    The fact that JoyStick Game Awards have a Category for Hardware and the Maxwell Auduze Headphones were not nominated but Turtle pro were... tells me all I need to know about these game awards....

I have no idea how they arrive at the candidates, but generally, I don't put a lot of stock in the selection of the "winners". I don't even trust that the votes are tallied accurately. Still, it takes little effort to cast a vote. I generally only do it if asked.

In terms of worthless social media activities it isn't as bad as those "drawings" where they want me to make the rounds of various social media platforms and like/follow them. :neutral:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • BigMakatak
    BigMakatak
    ✭✭✭
    gotta keep them investors and their wallets fat & happy
    Options
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did my part.
    Options
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    both zones were beautiful to explore :)
    PC
    Options
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh, the coveted Golden Joystick! Lmao! No seriously I did enjoy it very much. Bastion Nymic put some badly needed difficulty into the game and Sharp-as-Night is definitely my favorite companion. Great graphics, zone looks incredible, but I’ve been saying that about every zone since Wrothgar. Nice job!
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd personally think Elsweyr or Summerset is more deserving, unless they too were nominated back then?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭
    Well I was disapointed on how smal the Morrowind part was in the "Return to Morrowind"/Necrom chapter. I did hope for the Telvanni peninsular to be the bigger zone. Also the Bastion Nymon was not up my alley. I perfer the open world stuff where you simply walk with the pack. But maybe that will get better with the group finder.

That aside I realy liked the job the story team did! I realy LOVED the smal Telvanni Peninsular part we got! It felt like coming home! I whish we had gotten more! It was awsome! I loved palying the Story and the side quests. The city of Necrom was a little smal for my taste to be honest, but ok in the MMO context. I whish we had gotten deeper underground into the catacoms during the main quest. I also whished we had gotten a bonemold armor Telvanni style set and a Guar or Nixox with a nice Telvanni saddel.

Appocrypha on the other hand was ok but it did not feel as unice as it did in Skyrim. There were to many regular mobs used there, ones you can see everywhere else in the game outside a deadric realm. And the uniceness of the changing enviroment of the Black books in Skyrim was lost. The mechanics around light and darkness was also missing. While the team made some awsome locations, they somehow did not his as well with me. Apocrypha in Skyrim unlockend these cool Black Bock skills and you were able to find new lore books and spell books as well. That is what made it feel like discovering something worthwile.

Sadly we did get the Arcanist instead of Black Book skillines or spellcrafting.

The raid also did not hit with me. The first boss was cool but the second was annoing. And the final was kind of to easy on vet. I liked the labyrinth mecanic. Haven't been there since I cleared on vet the first time. I liked raids of the last 2 years far more.

While the Necrom chapter was a nice ride, it underdelivered on what I most wanted from the chapter. A big cool Telvanni zone and an awsome raid. But good luck with the vote.
    Edited by ThelerisTelvanni on October 23, 2023 3:24PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks to everyone who voted! We really appreciate it! The voting period is now over, so we are going to remove the pin on this thread.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post